Stretch Estimate?

Im doing my first dwc trial run with a clone that started 12/12 as soon as it had a couple roots hit water.
I've been pleasently suprised by the big growth, but im a little woried about runing out of room.

The plant is in day 16 of 12/12 and the preflowers look about how my previous soil grows did at about day 8-9. Before my streach was around 1/3-1/2 added to the veg size. That was with some lst and may not be a good measure.

Im hoping for an experianced estamate on streach size. It's about 18" and growing like a weed.

It should pretty close to double in size,that'll bring you to around 36"-You
must be growing in a space similar to mine....I've got 34" from floor to light (and it kinda sucks)
You should probably consider LST, topping, super cropping,or all 3 or I'm afraid you
will run out of headroom in there in a month or so...

It definatly made me nervous. Like on tv when they're difusing a bomb.
I lightly mushed it at the bend,took my time, and I got lucky it didn't break. I was afraid it would be a supersize clone.

The only other time I was that late training I broke a main top off an autoflower that stalk felt a lot like this one too.

I belive it'll be good on height if she heals up after the training. I think that'd be to rough to be LST now I guess more supercroping?..
I might have to raise the other plant to keep a more level canopy later but I won't have to change where my lights are hung from .

I think she'll heal up just fine...I'm going to end up having to do the same thing
in 2 or three weeks (supercropping)...my plants are already tied down,but now
they're starting the stretch...

Light stress + silika dump + triacantinol + pk + half strength N can almost stop all stretching if plant isnt competing with other plants or a confined space. Also some products combined with a 36 hour dark period when switching can also eliminate most stretching

Thanks metal halide, I'll have to check some of that out. I think that triacantinol sounds interesting like it would increase branching.
Im pretty much on a straight veg mix with silica, and liquid karma but Ive been topping off with flowering nutes and increasing ppm slightly. Im going to put off changing untill it's had a little time to heal.
Ill top off more with silica and more pk.

Thanks metal halide, I'll have to check some of that out. I think that triacantinol sounds interesting like it would increase branching.
Im pretty much on a straight veg mix with silica, and liquid karma but Ive been topping off with flowering nutes and increasing ppm slightly. Im going to put off changing untill it's had a little time to heal.
Ill top off more with silica and more pk.
yeah mate. Don't do anything too crazy all at once, just experiment with one single thing at a time like maybe a bit of extra silica. I use a product line by ozi magic with triacontanol in it throughout my entire grow and have done so for decades. It lets me top many many times while in veg without much stretch to keep dwarfish plants with like 10-15 main stems. I got my journal atm in which i do exactly that if you wanna check it out.
Good luck cuz
:thumb:

yeah mate. Don't do anything too crazy all at once, just experiment with one single thing at a time like maybe a bit of extra silica. I use a product line by ozi magic with triacontanol in it throughout my entire grow and have done so for decades. It lets me top many many times while in veg without much stretch to keep dwarfish plants with like 10-15 main stems. I got my journal atm in which i do exactly that if you wanna check it out.
Good luck cuz
:thumb:
Are you quite sure it's the "Triacontanol" that's limiting stretch?
I use a Sprouted Seed Tea made from alfalfa for my Triacontanol, and I use it as a growth enhancer.
It creates more chlorophyll in the leaves which improves photosynthesis, it also helps roots grow faster.
Helps nutrient up take, also helps produce more trichomes. Among many other things, the alfalfa SST is about the best thing you can feed your soil.
I gave my plants a nice SST of alfalfa about 10 days ago and my plants flat out exploded in growth and they've only just started to bud but iam seeing trichomes popping up even on large fan leaves already, I am assuming from a mixture of the Triacontanol and Chitosan that I feed my soil with.
You can see if you zoom in a bit that even the larger fan leaves are starting to sparkle already.
I believe there are PGRs that inhibit growth but I think they are all the bad ones you should stay away from, the synthetic ones and such.

20190530_185301.jpg

Are you quite sure it's the "Triacontanol" that's limiting stretch?
I use a Sprouted Seed Tea made from alfalfa for my Triacontanol, and I use it as a growth enhancer.
It creates more chlorophyll in the leaves which improves photosynthesis, it also helps roots grow faster.
Helps nutrient up take, also helps produce more trichomes. Among many other things, the alfalfa SST is about the best thing you can feed your soil.
I gave my plants a nice SST of alfalfa about 10 days ago and my plants flat out exploded in growth and they've only just started to bud but iam seeing trichomes popping up even on large fan leaves already, I am assuming from a mixture of the Triacontanol and Chitosan that I feed my soil with.
You can see if you zoom in a bit that even the larger fan leaves are starting to sparkle already.
I believe there are PGRs that inhibit growth but I think they are all the bad ones you should stay away from, the synthetic ones and such.

20190530_185301.jpg
I get mine from beezwax extract but from what ive found is that it creates tighter nodes and more branches for me. but it depends how much is used and when ect ect

I get mine from beezwax extract but from what ive found is that it creates tighter nodes and more branches for me. but it depends how much is used and when ect ect
Ahh, gotcha.
For me, I do the sprouted seed tea and that is quite strong.
I use 1oz of organic alfalfa and sprout them until the tails are about 1/4" or so and blend that up real good with a cup or so of RO water.
Take that seed milk and pour into a 5 gallon bucket full of RO water with just a pinch of pure silica and just that tiny amount is plenty and I do that twice per grow about 4 weeks apart.
It definitely works, I use it on all my plants, like cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes.

Ahh, gotcha.
For me, I do the sprouted seed tea and that is quite strong.
I use 1oz of organic alfalfa and sprout them until the tails are about 1/4" or so and blend that up real good with a cup or so of RO water.
Take that seed milk and pour into a 5 gallon bucket full of RO water with just a pinch of pure silica and just that tiny amount is plenty and I do that twice per grow about 4 weeks apart.
It definitely works, I use it on all my plants, like cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes.
ahh very cool. I been getting mine from a family owned local business for the last 20 years called ozi magic. I too use it on everything

This whole grow or at least the dwc part is a pretty big experament for me. It's the first time I've tried dwc. I've been feeding nutes about the same as I did in soil&soiless accept watered down lower ppm.
I did a few things that I think may have Increased streach on this plant. Imature veg time,veg nutes,3000k lights, no toping or training.
I've got my fingers crossed that she heals up ok. I probably wouldn't have been as drastic accept this one is an experament. I want it to do good but not depending on it 100%.

Back
Top Bottom