Super Skunk Leaves Are Cupping And Yellowing At Tips.

TheFertilizer

I'm about 2 weeks into flower and noticed last week a bit of yellowing on the leaves.

2015-05-22_10-31-30_684.jpg

And then also, the newer leaves at the tops are kind of "cupping" and narrowing instead of staying flat and broad

2015-05-22_08-33-17_129.jpg

I'm feeding Flora Nova Bloom and also hit them with some "Open Sesame" last week.
Black Gold "All Natural" Soil
300 W CFL lights 6" from tops
75-85 F grow-room temps (don't have anything to measure humidity)
Water pH'd at 6.5-7.0

Currently battling spider mites and fungus gnats too but they're mostly at bay--I wipe the eggs off once a week and haven't seen new signs of damage to the leaves in a while, I just keep spotting new eggs so I know they're there. The fungus gnats seemed to have become less a problem lately.

I've only been feeding them the FloraNova for about a week (but the opensesame since start of flower), noticed the yellow'ing before that. Should it have picked back up by now or is there another issue I'm not recognizing?

I don't have a PPM meter or anything but was thinking of doing a root rinse because I haven't yet.

I believe the cupping and curling down, along with the fungus gnat issues you describe, seem to be due to overwatering.

The yellowing leaf tip I am not sure about, but it could be a symptom of the overwatering. I am only on my second grow though and haven't really overcome any issue yet haha. It seems I just have the issues, try to correct them, they never get fixed but I carry on. Good luck, I hope some more experienced help comes along.

Also if you get a chance let me know what you think could be going on in the journal in my signature. Thanks!

I believe the cupping and curling down, along with the fungus gnat issues you describe, seem to be due to overwatering.

The yellowing leaf tip I am not sure about, but it could be a symptom of the overwatering. I am only on my second grow though and haven't really overcome any issue yet haha. It seems I just have the issues, try to correct them, they never get fixed but I carry on. Good luck, I hope some more experienced help comes along.

Also if you get a chance let me know what you think could be going on in the journal in my signature. Thanks!

Yeah that was my first thought as well but I'd cut back on my watering shortly before this started happening, so I was actually leaning the other way and suspecting underwatering. Before I would saturate the 5 gal pot of Black and Gold and it would hold that for about 5 days before drying out entirely. Once I switched to flower though, I just started watering about 2-3 solo cups worth of water a day as it needed it--the soil has been much drier and the gnats not as much an issue, but that's when the leaves started getting weird.

Thanks.

Well I think the flushing might have been what it needed. I didn't realize I was supposed to be flushing it every couple of weeks and it's like, two or three months old now so it probably had quite a bit of building up holding it back. The leaves look like they're perking back up a bit anyway.

Does anybody think this could be due to me only having 6400K color in flower? I was told this would mostly just result in stretchy budsites and airy buds.

Back
Top Bottom