supersoil cook time?

Bigjoemeat

Hello all.. Question here for my fellow 420ers..i have a couple strains that will be ready to go into flower in say 3 weeks.. As of know I have no supersoil going. In a day or 2 ill be buying the ingredients to do so. My question is..is there anyway to hurry along the cooking process of breaking down? So in 3 weeks the soil will be ready for use? Any type of teas? Quackers dry oatmeal? Feel free to tell me if any ingredients are missing..ill be buying..
Roots organic
Worm castings
High P bat guano
Blood meal
Steamed bone meal
Alfalfa meal
Lime
Powdered humic acid
Epsome salt
Rock phosphate
Kelp meal
And maybe a small bag of fox farms or light warrior to mix in?
Azomite?

So please feel free to tell me anything im missing or don't need from my list above. And also if there's anything to speed along the process

I would give it about month if the soil was was kept reasonable warm.

How ever they is break down time of each & every amendment whether is a quick, medium to slow release !

For example blood meal is quick release.

Rock dust are slow release...

So it suggest a period of time for microorganism to make effective work of amendments to make them available for the plant to use !

i don't think this is the right site to seek help. Cause honestly i just see 40+ views on my posts as well and i bet the people who know what they're doing are just laughing and pointing. Instead of helping out the noobies who are just starting out with organics.

Not really, man. It's just you're just asking people who are really more into so called true organics, High Brix, no-till or whatever else. To be really honest I haven't seen that many supersoil growers here. I mean yeah they pop up here and there, but they didn't really get a momentum on this forum I think :lot-o-toke:

Hello all.. Question here for my fellow 420ers..i have a couple strains that will be ready to go into flower in say 3 weeks.. As of know I have no supersoil going. In a day or 2 ill be buying the ingredients to do so. My question is..is there anyway to hurry along the cooking process of breaking down? So in 3 weeks the soil will be ready for use? Any type of teas? Quackers dry oatmeal? Feel free to tell me if any ingredients are missing..ill be buying..
Roots organic
Worm castings
High P bat guano
Blood meal
Steamed bone meal
Alfalfa meal
Lime
Powdered humic acid
Epsome salt
Rock phosphate
Kelp meal
And maybe a small bag of fox farms or light warrior to mix in?
Azomite?

So please feel free to tell me anything im missing or don't need from my list above. And also if there's anything to speed along the process

Hey there Bigjoemeat. (My keyboard just told me that that sounded weird. Just kidding bro. LOL!)
I'm just an old school organic gardener who is relatively new to growing God's groovy grass but may I make a couple of suggestions that may or may not be helpful.
:)

*If available from your local garden center purchase some EM1 or EM Pro and add this to your soil batch. EM1 contains a wide variety of effective microorganisms which will 1 inoculate your soil with beneficial organisms and 2 it will help to accelerate the decomposition of your soil mix allowing it to be used sooner without being "too hot". EM is used in conjunction with black strap molasses and is used in a tea type application. There are custom recipes that you can make yourself but using EM1 or EM Pro is easy cheesy and contains may beneficial microorganisms that you probably would not get with DIY teas.
*Add some rice hulls or coir (@ 15% to 25%) to your mix to dilute it a bit and improve texture and air holding capabilities. If you'll use rice hulls it would be best to do this now rather than mixing right before use. With coir you could mix it in now or at the time of planting. Note that if using coir you should let it soak in water for about 10 minutes then squeeze dry like a sponge before using to rinse away any accumulated salts. If you can find pre-rinsed coir then no need to do this step.
* Check your ph and adjust as needed with dolomite lime for a target of 6.2 to 6.5ish ph. This will ensure that nutrients are available for use when your plants need them. Investment in a good ph meter is worth it's weight in gold IMHO.
*Add some neem seed meal prior to planting. This will help to prevent and control pest such as those pesky fungus gnats, nematodes, and many other pest without harming your beneficials.

The best advise for any type of gardening or farming is to always be at least 2 steps ahead and never allow yourself to be impatient. You can't rush mother nature. She takes her own sweet time and doesn't abide by schedules.
Start a new batch of soil for your next round grow that way you're not in the same boat in a few months time. You'll have a healthy living soil when you need it without worrying about it being ready or not. Also, always leave some old mix to use as your start point for new soil batches. This way you start with healthy living soil and will not need to inoculate again. The beneficials that are already there will proliferate as nature takes it's course. Oh and before I forget, leave out the fox farms and other premixed bagged soils when manufacturing your next batch. You can make a better mix yourself with the right ingredients.

Other more experienced organic growers may have some better advise for you and are most welcome to correct any of my suggestions. Good luck with your grow brother.
:thumb:

It's also a lot cheaper to make your own base as well. If you're basically adding what's in fox farms or happy frog, etc to the mix, you might as well just start with a large bail of peat, perlite, and some compost/worm castings.

Also, I think the original supersoil mix calls for way to much perlite. You really don't need so much perlite.

The high quality potting soils are very expensive.. $20+ a bag. I like to also buy a mychorrzial starter and add it to my supersoil mix.

Honestly if you want more views and feed back I would post under growroom frequently asked questions. A lot of people lurk there. I my self cook my soil for 2 months under the summer sun in black cans. I make enough for a whole year at a time...

Back
Top Bottom