Supplement light

Coldsmoke

Morning everyone, just looking for any thoughts on a supplemental light for my grow tent. I have a Mars 2.5x2.5x63 with a Mars ts600. Would like to give it a boost for flowering stage here in a couple weeks. Been looking at the HLG, spider or another Mars. But the Optic 1 54w 3500 cob is right in the same price range also. Could obviously replace the 600 with the ts1000, but the cob is pretty attractive, small, runs cool and a nice warranty. Anyway any opinions appreciated, thank you.

That's a tricky one, IMHO. According to the manufacturer, that light is good for a 1.5'x1.5' space. That is 2.25 ft.2. I'm not positive, but it looks like your "2.5x2.5" grow tent might only be approximately 27.55"x27.55" instead of 30"x30". Regardless, you have a square grow tent that is currently being illuminated by a grow light that has a more or less square-area footprint, but a smaller one than your grow space.

Best thing you could do would be to swap your current light for a different one. The TS-1000 that you mentioned (very arguably) fits that space. Although even the manufacturer considers it to only be adequate (for flowering) in a 2'x2' space. And, from looking at their own coverage maps on the product's webpage, there is some question as to whether they have been... somewhat creative with the definition of the word "adequate." Nonetheless, some people are using that combination of grow light and size/area of grow space. It's probably helpful if you plan to grow one plant in there directly under the light and not try to use the full edge-to-edge area of your grow space, and/or grow autoflowering strains which would allow you to run your light on an 18:6 or 20:4 light schedule during the flowering phase instead of a 12:12 one.

That job sure is a head-scratcher, lol. Good luck.

That's a tricky one, IMHO. According to the manufacturer, that light is good for a 1.5'x1.5' space. That is 2.25 ft.2. I'm not positive, but it looks like your "2.5x2.5" grow tent might only be approximately 27.55"x27.55" instead of 30"x30". Regardless, you have a square grow tent that is currently being illuminated by a grow light that has a more or less square-area footprint, but a smaller one than your grow space.

Best thing you could do would be to swap your current light for a different one. The TS-1000 that you mentioned (very arguably) fits that space. Although even the manufacturer considers it to only be adequate (for flowering) in a 2'x2' space. And, from looking at their own coverage maps on the product's webpage, there is some question as to whether they have been... somewhat creative with the definition of the word "adequate." Nonetheless, some people are using that combination of grow light and size/area of grow space. It's probably helpful if you plan to grow one plant in there directly under the light and not try to use the full edge-to-edge area of your grow space, and/or grow autoflowering strains which would allow you to run your light on an 18:6 or 20:4 light schedule during the flowering phase instead of a 12:12 one.

Yes your right on the tent size, my bad on that.

your right on the tent size, I think Mars also updated the 1000 to cover a 2.5x2.5 in flower also according to the sheet I’m looking at on their Amazon page. The cob had crossed my mind people seem to speak highly of them, same price as the ts1000 from what I’m looking at, had thought I’d run it with 600 at the same time. Maybe not best idea. Thxs for your input

Just dawned on me, is it a no go to be talking about the “Other” light besides the Mars? Re read the sponsor headline, not sure I made a mistake. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom