LED Light Question

Apoc

I have 4 Mars Hydro TS600 and 1 ts1000, the ts600 pull 100w from the wall and I run two to a 3x3 tent (autoflowering).

Would I see a big benefit from picking up a Budget Led Series 3+ Red Spec 250w Dimmable Grow Light? Meaning to replace 2 ts600 that pull 200w wall combined.

I'm fairly new to inside growing so advice would be appreciated.

You running your lights 18 hours per day? If so, I would expect you to see an improvement up to 300 watts in that size tent, for sure (and maybe improvement at some level greater than that, but at least up to that point). Assuming good quality, efficient light. Also assuming that everything else is good (in other words, that you aren't limited by more than just being low on your light-energy level).

So, yes, you should have the potential for a greater yield with a good 250-watt light than with a couple of good 100-watt ones. You'll be getting some useful "third light effect" from having two separate sources of light now. But not (I think) as much as you would get from upping the light budget by 25%.

Using the same logic, you should have the potential for a greater yield if you keep those two TS-1000s in the tent and add a third.

If you ask, "Okay, that makes sense, but which route would be better?" then I'm going to reply, "Beats me, lol."

I run them 18/6 on autoflowering veg and 20/4 flowering. Mainly they aren't packing the nugs as tight as I'd like. Everyone seems to say "it's lights, it's always lights".

What distance you running the 600's at once they done stretching in Flower? Yes lights can be the culprit much of the time and standard thing folks throw out, but genetics can be a variable as even with lots of light you can't make it do what it can't do. I don't grow Auto's, but thought most folks go with the same time schedule all the way thru the grow as that was one of the advantages they have.

I run the lights 20/4 now, previously I was on 18/6 then switching to 20/4.

Seedling 30 inches

Veg 16-18 inches

Flowering at 10-14 inches from canopy.

Thanks!

I'll get two Budget Led 250 one at a time and use the Mars Hydros to run one tent at 350w and one at 400w (flowering tents). Then that leaves 300w of ts600s for the veg tent.

Heck of it is the weight I'm harvesting exceeds my consumption, and the quality is head banging but I'm driven to get those pretty harvests lol.

Thanks!

I'll get two Budget Led 250 one at a time and use the Mars Hydros to run one tent at 350w and one at 400w (flowering tents). Then that leaves 300w of ts600s for the veg tent.

Heck of it is the weight I'm harvesting exceeds my consumption, and the quality is head banging but I'm driven to get those pretty harvests lol.

Thanks!
hi there all, I need a light but only for keeping mother plants, seedlings and propagation of clones. Looking for best budget or near too it for a 2ft x 5 ft grow area any suggestion welcomed thanks

hi there all, I need a light but only for keeping mother plants, seedlings and propagation of clones. Looking for best budget or near too it for a 2ft x 5 ft grow area any suggestion welcomed thanks
You could build one that's 24" x 48" with four 48" heatsinks using 8 strips.
Be 325w and dimmable using the best available diodes for about $380
Be good for flower also.

Back
Top Bottom