New LED light

Sparky Truc

420 Member
A Bud sent sent me his light because he was tired of failing growing indoors. This light didn’t come with any paperwork, so I don’t quite know the specs other than what’s on the driver.
It says HorticultureLightingGroup.com on the panels and says 6 amp draw at 110v, this looks to be a huge step up from my Mars TS600. lol.
I’m trying to figure out if it’s 100% full spectrum and the distance from the light to the flowering plants
image.jpg
image.jpg

I might ask about this plant also, it came as a Regular Afghani seed but isn’t like the others that I’ve grown from that pack. I’m guessing its strain isn’t a hybrid 70/30 that the others are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 62
The light boards will give you information on type of lights not the driver, boards should have printing on them...

If it's a HLG then you are likely looking at Samsung Lm301b top bin chips.
HLG lights are what everyone copies (I have 4 of the 288.2 knockoffs by Atreum myself) and those chips are the best despite what Mars claims about their lessor chips in their own Quantum board knockoff lights.
In fact after several years of claiming their chips are just as good as Samsungs they using Lm301b's in their newest lights. Why do that unless that is tacit admission they were not being truthful before they started using them themselves?

Distance for me is a close as I can get it so the growth at the edges obtains good light. But everyone says the usual 18 inches that is actually closer to some and farther away for the short stuff. Some of mine is close to 2 feet away while the other varieties are close or past the lights.
If it touches the light it will burn it back (I just had to crush a stem to flop a cola on its side because it was higher than my light could go in my 7 ft. tent) so I try not to have more than just the tip touch my QB's. In fact, some of my best colas have had their tips burnt on my QB's; likely the stress of the last 1/2 inch of the cola being burned may have had something to do with it but who knows?

A Bud sent sent me his light because he was tired of failing growing indoors. This light didn’t come with any paperwork, so I don’t quite know the specs other than what’s on the driver.
It says HorticultureLightingGroup.com on the panels and says 6 amp draw at 110v, this looks to be a huge step up from my Mars TS600. lol.
I’m trying to figure out if it’s 100% full spectrum and the distance from the light to the flowering plants
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nice man! That is a bad ass light!

If you move the transformer outside your tent you will really reduce the heat in your tent which reduces the airflow you need to maintain to keep the temps low.
I know the Glue and the Purple Kush I'm growing right now both love cool temps to get nice colors as it matures and finishes.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Hmmm. That's around 75 watts per board.
Any writing on the physical boards? Being HLG you might have scored some Samsungs..

6 amp X 110 volts is 660 wall watts.
660 watts divided 110volts = 6 amps

If it's a HLG then you are likely looking at Samsung Lm301b top bin chips.
HLG lights are what everyone copies (I have 4 of the 288.2 knockoffs by Atreum myself) and those chips are the best despite what Mars claims about their lessor chips in their own Quantum board knockoff lights.
In fact after several years of claiming their chips are just as good as Samsungs they using Lm301b's in their newest lights. Why do that unless that is tacit admission they were not being truthful before they started using them themselves?

Distance for me is a close as I can get it so the growth at the edges obtains good light. But everyone says the usual 18 inches that is actually closer to some and farther away for the short stuff. Some of mine is close to 2 feet away while the other varieties are close or past the lights.
If it touches the light it will burn it back (I just had to crush a stem to flop a cola on its side because it was higher than my light could go in my 7 ft. tent) so I try not to have more than just the tip touch my QB's. In fact, some of my best colas have had their tips burnt on my QB's; likely the stress of the last 1/2 inch of the cola being burned may have had something to do with it but who knows?

Boom! Then just just like that! Uh you had a heckuva light!

To damn many lights out there for me to keep track of which lights are good and which ones are crap. There are plenty of crappy lights out there.

It was only a thought LMAO. Damn tough crowd!
It's so hard to know which lights are good; I have several hundred worth of Viparspectra Blurple that I do not want now nor use. But I'm not in a legal State so selling them on eBay would not be wise.
HLG is who everyone knocks off.
from one of the many reviews out there:
"HLG first coined the term “Quantum Board” for an LED grow light with the diodes spread out over a large area (on a board). They also have changed the light spectrum from the old-fashioned “blurple” color to something that’s more full spectrum, with higher amounts of red/yellow to promote flowering."

They are the best and the most expensive.
That's why I bought knockoffs (made with the same Samsung diodes) for 40% less and built my own lights.

I went with the COB led's from Timber lights. Better LED light from a different direction lol.

Main thing I didn't do was to research the light before I commented. Figured that would be the first thing the new owner did. Sounds like if that was done then the reviews would have said it all for the person.

Elvin, I also have a huge collection of lights lol. Most all mine work great for growing. Most mine came from updating my systems. I now plan to use the best light for each situation. Ie, Start light, veg light, and flower light. My hair is frizzy enough! I don't wire my own light systems LMAO.

The Viparspectras are good (must not sh!t on a sponsor) but the QB's are better which why I do not use them. If I had not won that first eBay auction and got the PAR450 really cheap I would not been in the situation of buying a couple of R300's to get "Red" and still not being happy with all that in one 2x4 tent.
2QB's at less wattage grows better; so much better, that when I got another tent I just got a couple more QB's and left the V's on a shelf.
Even if I get a 3rd to keep plants for clones for the other 2 I'll likely just get a single vegging board instead of using one of the V's for the less cost of running and the ability to have the transformer outside the tent so heat is minimal.

Back
Top Bottom