Switching from RDWC back to coco

donkeyjunk

g'day, ive been running (or trying to run) a RDWC system for about the last year, and have decided that the headache out weights the yields!
(pun intended), so im switching to coco.
my question is should i buy coco nutrients, or can i get away with using up the rest of the current culture DWC specific A+B (veg& bloom).
also if you guys and gals out there could lend me your opinions on straight coco vs coco/perlite blends, would be much appreciated, as before i took the massively expensive leap into RDWC i was super soil all the way.
cheers
dj

g'day, ive been running (or trying to run) a RDWC system for about the last year, and have decided that the headache out weights the yields!
(pun intended), so im switching to coco.
my question is should i buy coco nutrients, or can i get away with using up the rest of the current culture DWC specific A+B (veg& bloom).
also if you guys and gals out there could lend me your opinions on straight coco vs coco/perlite blends, would be much appreciated, as before i took the massively expensive leap into RDWC i was super soil all the way.
cheers
dj
Hello @donkeyjunk hope you are having a great day.
As @13 said hydroponic is hydroponic and you can most certainly use your current nutrition line.
I personally mix extra perilite in mine. Always done it check in my gorilla glue clone thread. I explain a lot in there.
I also layer frass and Bokashi.
Make sure you ph to 5.8 feed every day and keep it wet all the time.
Happy growing.
Bill

Hello @donkeyjunk hope you are having a great day.
As @13 said hydroponic is hydroponic and you can most certainly use your current nutrition line.
I personally mix extra perilite in mine. Always done it check in my gorilla glue clone thread. I explain a lot in there.
I also layer frass and Bokashi.
Make sure you ph to 5.8 feed every day and keep it wet all the time.
Happy growing.
Bill
cheers mate, although ive never heard of frass or bokashi?

cheers mate, although ive never heard of frass or bokashi?
Frass is insect poop. Starts microbial growth.
Bokashi similar product for roots.
Try @DYNOMYCO its terrific stuff.
Helps roots.
Bill

Hi, either buy top quality pre buffered coco for the cannabis market (e.g. Canna Coco) or if you are using the dehydrated cheaper bricks its super important to rinse the salts off then buffer yourself with cal mag or you are likely to have issues. Once you've done that coco is the best medium ever imho. Vermiculite is also a good alternative to perlite, as it has available silica in it. Dr. Bruce Bugbee recommends it for that reason. I've only used perlite to date but hope to try vermiculite next run

Have a read / watch vids on coco on its cation exchange sites. It's too complicated for me to regurgitate here lol, but the long and the short of it is to water daily to about 20% runoff, and include a dose of calmag with every feed. Coco tends to hang on to some nutrients like cal mag.
The guy in the grow shop would reccomend you buy a new nutrient line for this reason. I use Canna Coco a&b and it was about €18 for the 2. No veg/ flower, just the one.

Back
Top Bottom