How to Perpetual RDWC?

Hiddenkoncept

Hey guys,

Starting a new set up with a mate and I want to run a flower tent with a couple veg spaces. In the flowering tent I would like to have an RDWC system but. Cannot figure out how to have a perpetual cycle using a rdwc system. I know I could use the veg space for clones and mothers but I'd ideally like to be able to veg a plant for a month or 2 if needed to get a decent size before putting into the system...just struggling to think of a way to grow in veg that will allow me to transplant the plant to the rdwc system...any ideas?

Re: How to Perpetual RDWC.?

I use the net pots that fit onto the rim of a 5 gallon bucket, When it is time to move it is as easy as using a 5 gallon bucket to transport from one system to another. Hard to give you advice without knowing the details of your system, by the sounds of things it is going to be a problem.

Plan on using an 8 pot alien hydroponics RDWC XL system which has 27l pots (7gal) nothing is brought yet and is all still in the planning stages but this is the system in question. If I cannot think of a way I will think of a method that is not RDWC as I feel having the veg and flowering sections at the same time is more important.

Best Idea would have the pots and or pots and lids interchangeable, not hard to do. Or make up a wooden template to fit the 7 inch nets in a 5 gallon bucket, veg them dwc, then transfer to the RDWC.

This was the best idea I could come up with also, it's a good idea but I'm trying to avoid having to run a dwc in veg just because I'm scared about having all that water up in a loft/attic!
It's something though, maybe a small dwc system with a big lid!

I run that risk with any hydro set up I choose in this situation.
Soil is not an option, not only have I never done it before but the idea of bringing all that soil up there is off putting to say the least. The loft has been converted for living spaces so I'd like to think the floors are sterdy but you are right and it is defiantly something I need to take every step possible to make it safe. 200-300l of water should be fine....I hope

Oh and in regards to transplant I just thought of an idea. Large Rez made from heavy duty tote with Netpot sized holes cut out for plants, can out maybe 4 per container.

DWC you can control the water, your right about the soil, is this your first grow?

I have a couple under my belt.
Going to veg 3 plants per dwc pot.

Chiller is a must and have already lined one up. I have a dwc grow under my belt but gave it up due to temps...will hae chiller this time!

I haven't done hydro in a while but now everyone runs aquashield or something like it, ya growing is fun and addictive, do you know what strains your going to grow?

Yeah Aquashield or a product like that is a must! I'm going to run beneficial bacteria tea based from EWC, mycorrszai and a couple other things.

I have not made up my mind, I have some holy grail kush clones I can use or I may pop some new beans. I got silver la clones too and blue dream in veg so I have some choices!

Brewing a tea with it allows it to be used in a dwc set up. Google Heisenberg tea, I would post the link but I don't like to promote other sites!

Back
Top Bottom