SOG - RDWC - Clones - What's wrong with my plan?

Trust me you are asking for trouble running 9 1gal dwc unless you recirculate them all through a larger 20gal+ res.

if you have a rooted clone, preferably aerocloned for dwc with pebbles as medium, 2 weeks veg is enough for most res sizes, i often veg 7 days and flip in 6inch net pots with 8gal buckets.

you will definitely get better quality and yield running less plants and bigger buckets. even if you done 4 2.5 gal buckets it would be better.

If you are set on sog i would switch to coco as it will save you a lot of hassle down the road. Its very consistent for results and easy to maintain. DWC is great for fast plants , it will usually take 1 week off flower time and give more yield per plant. However yield per plant is not a good gauge to success, always measure any results by m2.

If i go for small buckets (with big ones too) I will recirculate all the water through a big res, it makes things much easier. Going for bigger buckets force me to forget about sog grow and move to a scrog grow.

I am growing in Coco now and I have some 1gal smart pots, I can even run an automatic drip feed system. But I tried both active hydro and passive hydro and I prefer (r)dwc.

Back
Top Bottom