Switching mid-flower from HPS 1000W to LED 1500W?

I had that problem with the samsung boards I got, but then realized it was actually the strain. I'm getting it tested for cbd content. Not knowing your strain, you might want to also.

I'm also in the process of designing some boards right now. Being lazy and have not gotten to the heatsinks. Using the samsung 301 plus some cree xpe chips. I'm trying to set it up so I can pop some 5k and royal blue, then pop those out with some 3k and far red using the same power supply to make it easier for people. Basically, so you can have a 2x4 area, or just add to the other side for a 4x4 or more. I'll let you know the progress in a week or so if any are interested.
Nah it's defo my shitty lights lol. I use HPS too and get much frostier buds every time. The blurps I do prefer for veg, get a better structured plant with no risk of stretch or frying them. No contest when it comes to bloom though. I'm gonna upgrade my blurples with cob LEDs at some point soon but it's a matter of motivation lol.

If you have the technical know-how, the quantum boards from HLG are the future. You can build your own to meet your exact growing needs and they recently officially partnered with Samsung, who's producing the boards in-house. It's too much of a project to start now, but I'm definatly going that route in my next grow.

Well, that is what I was trying to say. Been out of the loop for a year now on chips. The boards in my room now are the 561c chips, but that's why I was talking about the newer more efficient 301b. Like I'm saying the technology is moving so fast, if you do not keep up with it even for a year, your out of the loop.

I don't mean to give you shit, but I don't really see samsung partnering with hlg. Hlg is still a pretty small company and I don't see Samsung a worldwide business going with someone so small. I could be wrong. The company (samsung) is actually finally listening to growers now, which like you said is the future.

I'll try and get some pictures of my design up to show you my plans. I'm just waiting for my test boards.

See I get the opposite problem with my blurples. Mine grow fucking monsters at 480w but shit for trich production :(
What light? Must be differently spectrum completely. Sounds like my light would pair well with yours. My led,s are a 600w philson, it's really only a bit more than 100 watts and 2 meizhi 450's at 220w each. I had all 3 running together in a 3x3 and the top layer turned out like candy. And with no penetration. So everything under the first 2-3 inches was extra fluffy. That's 500w+ in a 3x3. It should have been overkill however it was barley acceptable. I would have bought a hps for less. With 2x the results but I'm stubborn and wanted to go all led. So IMO, adding a bunch of low penetration burple lights just turns your tent into a pizza oven. Too much on the top and nothing underneath.

What light? Must be differently spectrum completely. Sounds like my light would pair well with yours. My led,s are a 600w philson, it's really only a bit more than 100 watts and 2 meizhi 450's at 220w each. I had all 3 running together in a 3x3 and the top layer turned out like candy. And with no penetration. So everything under the first 2-3 inches was extra fluffy. That's 500w+ in a 3x3. It should have been overkill however it was barley acceptable. I would have bought a hps for less. With 2x the results but I'm stubborn and wanted to go all led. So IMO, adding a bunch of low penetration burple lights just turns your tent into a pizza oven. Too much on the top and nothing underneath.
Too much ontop and nothing underneath pretty much sums it up mate. Maybe the top 8-10inches gets propper fat stacks then it drops off pretty quickly if you don't trim the shit out of them. No use growing tall plants with them, gotta strap em down tighter than my wallet or they turn to fluff. Old model1 mars 600s I've got, 240w draw. Got loads of em and a 600w HPS. Like I said, they do produce well. Profile pic was done with them.Get a gram per watt usually but the strength just isn't as good as with the HPS.

@ClobberWatts

I screenshot the paragraph so you wouldnt have to hunt but it's a good read in general to understand how and why they are the best right now. You are right out the 301b and the fact that the technology is evolving rapidly. It'll be neat to see what they come up with down the road.

Screenshot_20190602-152058_Chrome.jpg

Too much ontop and nothing underneath pretty much sums it up mate. Maybe the top 8-10inches gets propper fat stacks then it drops off pretty quickly if you don't trim the shit out of them. No use growing tall plants with them, gotta strap em down tighter than my wallet or they turn to fluff. Old model1 mars 600s I've got, 240w draw. Got loads of em and a 600w HPS. Like I said, they do produce well. Profile pic was done with them.Get a gram per watt usually but the strength just isn't as good as with the HPS.

I'm trying to explain it, but like I said... been out of the loop for a year. Still growing, just wasn't talking to anyone. What I was trying to say is, if your light is like mine only 8" above the canopy, the lights will only penetrate 4". If I had more boards, at a lower wattage, I can raise them to 18" at 900 umols and it would penetrate about 32". It was hard for me to understand at first. It is why more lights at a lower wattage what the guys do here is better. Huge investment at first, but running hps here is a huge waste of money in electricity and heat.

I was going to throw up my xxxl 600 hps with some t5's around, but the heat expanded from the hps ruined that idea.

led is the future, it's just getting the bugs worked out on it, and a lot of people are doing that. You could go through fanleaf's journal about the cree's he put up. Like a 150 pages, but worth the read.

@ClobberWatts

I screenshot the paragraph so you wouldnt have to hunt but it's a good read in general to understand how and why they are the best right now. You are right out the 301b and the fact that the technology is evolving rapidly. It'll be neat to see what they come up with down the road.

Screenshot_20190602-152058_Chrome.jpg
Holy crap. That is pretty cool. How do I get on that list? Where are they manufactured is the one question I have? You'd basically have to put up the price for a thousand boards easily to get that type of treatment.

Back
Top Bottom