Swollen Calyx Or Seeds?

Okay, I've seen a bunch of threads asking the same question, but I really can't tell if these are just swollen or if they're gonna have seeds in 'em. The plant is an OG Kush auto, day 34 since it started to show pistils. I've not seen a single nanner on her, although there was another plant in the tent that had gone hermie on me. But I thought I got it out of there before it had a chance to pollinate anything.

1661025411457.png

Those look like seeds, but to me, Calyxes stuffed with a seed or the fake parts always look the same to me. Only one way to find out. Manhandle that mother lover, and make sure. You can pinch one with your fingers, or a toothpick to see if there is resistance, or something hard inside.

If they aren't seeds, its bad if all of the buds look like that. The plant is confused.

Just my two cents!

I'm thinkin' they're probably seeds too. If they are, then I'll have a crapload of free OG Kush auto seeds for the future. Gotta look at the bright side, right?

I'll go take one off right now and look inside.

Score, Ill take a few off your hands in that case lol

so another plant went hermie and knocked up the other plant. do we know if those seed will be "prone to hermie". a lot seem to say that hermie seeds are, but are these even considered hermie seeds? if not, congrats! Seeds are effing expensive.

The hermie got placed outside to finish up as soon as I saw it was a herm. Might as well, right? But yeah, the Victory OG Kush Autoflower seeds at Seedsman (where I got these) are $60.70 for 10 beans. I figure I'll get at least 50 off of two plants - probably more. But the hermie seeds I'm gonna use as a nutritional supplement. I read somewhere that they're crap for planting. On another note, are seeds from a feminized autoflower plant also going to be all female?

The hermie got placed outside to finish up as soon as I saw it was a herm. Might as well, right? But yeah, the Victory OG Kush Autoflower seeds at Seedsman (where I got these) are $60.70 for 10 beans. I figure I'll get at least 50 off of two plants - probably more. But the hermie seeds I'm gonna use as a nutritional supplement. I read somewhere that they're crap for planting. On another note, are seeds from a feminized autoflower plant also going to be all female?

Yes, IF the female auto was used on itself or another female auto. I believe. I could be wrong however. Im just learning about Genetics.

Help I'm in a similar boat but only one plant is showing swollen calnyx's and pretty much just the ones at the nodes, they're turning purple as well. Not sure I have thoroughly checked and can't see a banana anywhere (some things that could be at the very tips but to immature to have pollinated. She's not getting denser either and I'm hoping it had more to do with when I treated the budrot cos I'd have expected to see atleast 1 other plant out of 6 to show atleast one site that got pollinated as well because I have an aircon plus 4 fans in the room. I cut one or 2 open but no others are showing any signs of something being wrong. Her pistills turned brown as well but that happened like during the dark after I sprayed her and lights on they were brown. So I'm assuming I just did her some harm when I killed the fungus (I used freebase nicotine in a non polar solvent solution at concentration of 10mg/ml (0.01g - 1g I believe that's 1% the non polar solvent meaning methanol. Before you ask there is heaps of research on nicotine as a pesticide and selective fungicide plus most ppl here mix with tobacco anyway plus all ingredients we're of pharmacutical grade and I don't think the vegetable glycerin hurt her unless it intensified the light as it leaves a tiny coating for bout 2 weeks)

some did have a tiny grain inside but so tiny I couldn't tell what it was. Should the calnyx's be completely hollow?
How small would a seed that turned brown be? Cos I found one brown thing bit bigger than a grain of sand but in comparison to the calnyx and photos above seems unlikely?
Also I haven't found any swollen calnyx's within the buds and even the buds I suspect are still producing new pistills?

Can add photos if needed

Sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure any reluctant info was given hope someone can help!

Yes, IF the female auto was used on itself or another female auto. I believe. I could be wrong however. Im just learning about Genetics.

I emailed ditch passion asking about this. This is what they had to say if anyone cares
But I was asking about when it is done intentionally rather than occuring naturally as that is seen as a bad trait for within the genetics rather than a good. Means pretty much all the seeds will do the same
The method you described for pollination on a mother with itself is often used with clone-only strains and is called an S1 (selfed).

Some will work just fine, others will not create very stable offspring.
There is actually only one way to find out.

so yeah is still a lotto end of the day. He also recommended stress testing them before just assuming their stable

I emailed ditch passion asking about this. This is what they had to say if anyone cares
But I was asking about when it is done intentionally rather than occuring naturally as that is seen as a bad trait for within the genetics rather than a good. Means pretty much all the seeds will do the same

so yeah is still a lotto end of the day. He also recommended stress testing them before just assuming their stable

Interesting stuff here. I'm still just learning regarding genetics of cannabis, however I'm only looking to "self" produce seeds for personal use so I dont need to continuously pay for the same seeds repeatedly since I dont bother cloning plants in general. Thanks for the update ;)

Back
Top Bottom