taking clones after harvest ?

IrishGrower

hi all, i was woundering is it possible to take a cone wen im harvesting ??
as in when i cut the bud of the branchs could i still u use them for clones ??

If you have a cloner you can try it.

I toke several clones of 4 Blue Dream and most made it.
Last 2 weeks to get roots, veg clones need 4-7day and bloom clones get very bushy.

I'd probably reveg it, or if you're curious- do both. You can harvest almost all of the bud, cut a few clones, and put the lower 1/3 of the plant back into veg. My limited experience makes me think that, in the time it takes to see roots from the cuttings, you'll have fully leaved branches sprouting all over the place on the reveg plant.:thumb:

It's called monster cropping. Best done really early in flower. I just did this, with mixed results that turned into failures, my own doing... I just had mine in cups with no heat pad in a cold room.. 3 out of five got roots after 15 days, 8 days under dome, don't think it was needed, as small buds never thought about wilting.. For some reason, I can't explain, I misted them put a dome on and woke up the next morning with furry mould ball covering them. Sometimes I should smoke less or more and not have energy to do stupid things, lol... It's worth a shot if that's your only option, just don't expect and be surprised if it's a success.. But if it's a success, awesome mother plants and plants that will explode, especially outside. Man I want to get a monster crop outside...
There's also a thread, somewhere on goggle, lol, where the guys done this, littlest buds, once rooted put them straight back to 12/12 and got couple of ounces off of each. He wanted others to experiment with this to see if the results were replicated.

im doing the same thing my self for clones off a nice plant my friend had he cut the main buds off and left me the plant with little flowering sites , ive been re vegging her now three weeks and shes starting to fire out some new growth

P1070024.JPG
P10700251.JPG
P1070023.JPG

wow, thanks for all the help lads, think im gonna try the re veg option, :Namaste:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

my first harvest is coming up soon and i cannot wait to try my own smoke the plants have turned out alot beeter than i had planned theirs so much bud im still in shock everytime i check on them beacuse my friends have been grown gor years buy hasnt seen a result like mine an they aint even finshed yet, i supose iv all you on here to thank for that with all the help iv gotten so :thanks:

Totally possible before you chop. Takes longer to root as stated once plant is hanging your success rate will be Damn near zero

their is bearly any bud atal on some of the bottom branchs due to not getting enough light my plants are pretty tall an i started with 2 many , anyway could i juts snip them now an clone them ?

You can take clones at anytime... Anytime.... It's just the chance of rooting is increased with vegetive plant clones... Try some willow water, helped mine...

Yeah try them both and report back with the results :)
When I've done harvesting a plant before reveg, it's basically a small, chopped off, stiff tree trunk with some buds on the remaining branches and no real leaves to be seen. They reveg happily so far and it's amazing how fast they go back into veg actually- but it seems like getting one of the branches to clone would asking a lot and may take some time, and luck.

Back
Top Bottom