Taking cuts from feminised seeds

donmayn

Is there any difference in taking cuts off feminised seed plants or plants that have grown from cuts..

Everyone where Im from is convinced it cant be done? The next gen will have too many deficiencies and problems but i keep telling them otherwise. Around here we only have 3 strains in circulation and its been like this in my area for 10 years plus, the dodgy dealer growers treat it crap, feed it with rox ( if you haven't heard google it worst thing ever for your plants, cash croppers dream ) and half the time it isn't flushed. To smoke some real flavours i have to book trips to Amsterdam three times and year so hopefully my plan is mother some cuts from my fem seeds and start bringing new flavours to the area but first of all is it possible!!

You shouldn't have any problems taking clones from a feminized seed. The clones will be the same genetics as the mother plant. And taking a clone from a plant that was previously a cutting/clone itself also shouldn't matter as that too would have the same genetics as the mother plant. Maybe after you clone a clone of a clone of a clone etc etc dozens and dozens of times then maybe you'd get some degradation but you'd have to clone it a fair few times for that to happen.

420-magazine-mobile250300702.jpg
420-magazine-mobile298261019.jpg

The middle plant that's 3ft tall is a clone from a blueberry fem plant.

And how is she compared to the mother pretty much identical? Is there no change in yield size and quality? I always thought it was possible.I don't know where this myth came from but at least I can spread the word now.

Illegalsmile may be able to answer your question better since he's on the 3rd gen. This clone is in the same flower tent as the mother which happens to be a plant I was fluxing so the clone is 10x taller as I didn't do any training on it.
I know a lot of old school grower don't even mess around with fem seeds. They would rather find a healthy female from a reg seed and keep her going to do multiple rounds of clones, im sure there is a reason for it. I've only been growing for the last 3 years.

Yield and size are limited by genetics and light, quality is limited by the grower. The first time I grow a strain I usually keep the training to a minimum and get the fertilizing regimen under control. Once I clone and grow those i start pushing the limits of training. The reason I'm telling you this is I continually see higher yields and better quality because I'm perfecting what that particular strain responds well to.

So, yes, clones can and will be big producers genetically identical to the mother they were cut from although the grower has the biggest impact on how they grow.

Back
Top Bottom