Taking plants outside during the day and inside at night

bule

Hello,

I am a new grower and I have 5 plants in a small tent under cfl's. A friend of mine said i should be putting them in the sun during the day. I have read some where that it can hermie them based on taking them into the mighty suns rays and then putting them under my cfl's. I am looking for some one who has done this and knows what they are talking about. Also they are the 1 month into veg and this is only for that. I am also thinking of making these 5 mothers. Thanks:cheer:

If your NOT growing outdoors DON'T put them outside. It is possible for them to her my but it wouldn't be the sun it would be temps if anything. However, if you plan on planting out side I do suggest hardening them off for a few hours each day before they go out for good. Leave them vegging under artificial light otherwise. Hope this helps.

Watch the light period. So if you are daytime, then take them out into the sun. If night time, don't let the sun hit them.

Using the sun helps a ton, as long as you have a regular cycle.

Say you allow the plants to do a regular day cycle of sunlight, then at the pm you take them into the lights for a few extra hours. Don't let the sun wain to the point you got a drop in the cycle. Don't wait till 6pm to take them in. Do it a 4pm. then you don't get a drop off in daylight that sparks hormonal responses.

It is a great thing to have the plants going on a natural light cycle in march or April and then stick a huge box over one or two of them in MAy 1 and have one get done early because from 6 pm to 8 am it is deprived of light under a cardboard box.

A buddy set up his room in his place that only had one little light bulb going on 12/12 and ran 8 am to 8pm and the morning sun and afternoon sun came in through the windows and skylight.

His plants did great and he only ran a regular 75 W light bulb in the room. Natural light did the heavy lumen and results were fantastic.

Moreover, setups that use natural light maybe only need the light on for 2-3 hours max each day.

Another great technique is to

....... (all of the sudden I turn around and the girlfriend is pulling a "420 girls" naked bong hit in the doorway. So ltr...)

hashtag... busygettinglaid.

Yeah They will be indoors ladies so I guess I wont let them enjoy the sun based on the temp change. It just seems a shame that they can't get some real light during the day. And Frank its good to see your priority's are in line.:thanks:

I'm on my eighth grow, and have used the sun & cfls with good results. Watch the temps and be diligent about pests, especially spider mites. Take advantage of sunshine whenever you can, and learn to listen to your plants-they definitely will let you know if they are happy..good growing!

i’m on my first grow with a seed I pulled from an unknown batch. I had soaked it in a shot glass for about five days bought some $10 soil from the head shop wrapped it with press and seal. Put it under 3-65 W Phillips hue bulbs set 100% on plant growth and 6” away. After about a week they were touching the press and seal and I transplanted it into a 6 gallon planter. I put the lights at about 12 inches. I have adjusted the lighting as i felt was need. With no knowledge of growing. Being reliant upon YouTube and Google which nothing seems to hold true as to what I have discovered. I’m now into my third month and I’m finally getting pre-flowers with definite indications of the plant being a female. I need to mention I’ve also taken the plant out on a really sunny day. In which I would pierce a water bottle from the fridge with a needle a few times set it up side down next to the plant base thinking it would regulate the temp. I haven't been any true lighting schedule I have also turn the lights off for for five hours from time to time just in response to the plant looking stressed after transplant or maybe being outside etc. Anyways that’s my spill on it. This was just kind of an experiment and we’ll see how it ends.

Yeah They will be indoors ladies so I guess I wont let them enjoy the sun based on the temp change. It just seems a shame that they can't get some real light during the day. And Frank its good to see your priority's are in line.:thanks:

I actually had to do this recently to re-veg a bunch of clones that I accidentally flipped to flower too soon. Ended up putting them in my flower tent overnight (lights on 12 hrs overnight) and then pulled them outside for the day's sunlight

Was definitely a pain having to move them back and forth, and it took me a little while to revert back. But there were times I forgot to do it till way late, times were fairly inconsistent from day to day, and they're still plugging along!

Haven't gotten to flower these particular ones yet, but we're looking good! I guess time will tell haha

Back
Top Bottom