Grow question

You can do that, I would suggest bringing them in at least an hour (or two) before sundown, the last couple hours of natural light is not great quality, and the plants start to shut down, you don't want to "wake the plants back up" when you put it under the lights.

it'll be ok so long as it's not dark when you bring them in.

let's see what @InTheShed has to say as he does a lot of indoor/outdoor.

Yea when I bring them inside there is always light but I also want to know how can I tell if they are doing good or not it’s because I’m growing in Mexico City and where I leave during the days the it’s about 21 c and at night it goes down to 8c and it rains a lot at night what do you recommend me ?

Can it stunt them if they are waken up again ??

I don't know about stunting them, but it could mess up their light cycle, and possibly cause early flowering or perhaps even cause hermies. On a short term basis (say you get them in right at dark) it probably won't hurt, just like a very cloudy day, but everyday I think it could be an issue. Don't know if there's much research on this.

Yea when I bring them inside there is always light but I also want to know how can I tell if they are doing good or not it’s because I’m growing in Mexico City and where I leave during the days the it’s about 21 c and at night it goes down to 8c and it rains a lot at night what do you recommend me ?
Until the night temps and photoperiod increases I think you're doing the best you can, by bringing them in for additional light and heat. Just look at the plants, you'll see if they're doing well.

Can I have my plants out side during the day and when the sun goes down put them inside under light till 1 am then putting them to sleep for 6 hrs in a warm dark room because it’s cold out side during night and rains a lot at night
This is exactly how I grow and I move all of my plants twice a day. I agree to bring them in about 2 hours before actual darkness.

Will you be letting these flower naturally after June 21st by leaving them outside all the time then?
it'll be ok so long as it's not dark when you bring them in.

let's see what @InTheShed has to say as he does a lot of indoor/outdoor.
A lot? I do only indoor/outdoor growing! :cheesygrinsmiley:

don't be afraid to bring them in and keep them dry. you should have some supplemental light though, unless trying to flower, in which case keep them dark.

Can I have my plants out side during the day and when the sun goes down put them inside under light till 1 am then putting them to sleep for 6 hrs in a warm dark room because it’s cold out side during night and rains a lot at night

Sure. I agree with the others... bring them in before it gets dark outside. Are you planning on putting them under grow lights indoors? That may seem like a silly question, but there are two types of lighting: photosynthetic (mimic the sun), and photoperiod (control flowering). The former requires power-hungry, specialty grow lights. The later can be done with cheap, low-wattage, daylight spectrum LED bulbs (I use 13w). 6 hrs isn't a requirement... you can choose whatever amount of "daylight extension" lighting that you want, and use "night interruption" lighting to control flowering, which technically only requires one quick, thorough blast of light in the middle of the night. I do this in my greenhouse at midnight, 2am, and 4am, with a few minutes light each time. Works great.

Good morning @Gaspar420 hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
Just be careful when you bring them back in the house you could bring bugs in.
Here is a link if you want to meet everyone and say hi.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom