Tall and skinny

littlelil

:helpsmilie:I have pictures of her in the gallery, I can't seem to get a box, anyway she is tall and skinny but loaded with buds. I was going to add another light, all I am using is a 4' florescent hooded light and was wondering if they need more light? The little buds look healthy as does skinny. Maybe it's hereditary? Any advice appreciate.:allgood:
lady_001.JPG

Thank
Cat:yummy::yummy:

:thanks:One more thing. I have the lights set up to be able to adjust height.
I only moved them light up when the plants were going to touch the light. This look is not from stretching, I don't think. It has 11 buds on it and the other 9 so far but I do intend on getting an other light.
Will they be alright?
Cat:yummy:

That plant is streching from lack of light. Having the bulb as close as possible is great but you need more lumens. Lack of suffcient light is what causes a plant to get tall and skinny. Without suffcient leaves your bud production will be small and not very dense. The leaves are the light receptors where sugar is created in the plant. More leaves = more sugar production = bigger and more plentiful buds.

If you are using CFL's I would surround that plant in bulbs. Cover the middle area too. They can't have too much light. More light mean more bud.

:helpsmilie: :ciao: Update on "Tall and Skinny".
I took the advice you all gave me and loaded up on lights. This how she looks now and she looks much better but I do have a question. She has buds everywhere and her own leaves shadow some down low, should I trim back those leaves? Are they vital to her or taking nutriments away from the buds?
Thanks for any help. :thanks:
Cat :yummy:
up4sure.jpg

This question about leaves shading buds comes up a lot. The others gave good advice if it's a concern to you. Plants just grow this way...the leaves convert light energy into organic compounds. The buds do very little photosynthesis, since they have very few leaves. It's the big leaves that do most of the work, allowing the plant to pack energy into the buds as the plant tries to reproduce. The more light, the more energy is converted to plant mass. Shading of bud sites has very little to do with how big those buds will be. Focus on growing the healthiest leaves you can, and provide for all of the nutrients the plant needs as it matures and starts growing buds. By the way, she's looking great.

Back
Top Bottom