Tangerine Dream tips

farmertango

420 Member
Hi all. My next grow is going to be tangerine dream. Any growing or cropping tips on this strain?

I have 3 going they are maybe 20 days old.

I can give you two solid tips.

1. Don’t leave them balancing on an unstable area under the light because they will topple over and this will result in you finding them half dead and broken on the floor

2. Don’t kick them over after forgetting you put them on the ground resulting in them being once again thrown from their puts, and again broken on the floor.

Classic "flip a coin strain."

I haven't read much about it lately, but it got a lot of discussion eight or nine years ago. A lot of people complained about it stretching to 6'+ in height. Someone posted a photo on another forum of one growing outside and the plant looked like a tree - as in, 20' tall. Others griped because, after 14 weeks of flowering, it still looked like it had a few weeks to go. Some found it to be nutrient-sensitive in the flowering phase (I do not recall the specifics). So... old-school haze genetics, I suppose.

Lot of phenotypes, five maybe, grow 10-15 to get the one(s) you want. Not much bag appeal (I assume it looked okay in a joint ;) ). A lot of people stated that the seeds seemed to "want" 80°F to 85°F in order to germinate (and that not all of them did), and seemed to do better in general in warm-weather grows than cooler ones. Airy buds.

But other than that, lol... It was one of the strains that got mentioned whenever someone felt like b!tching about Barney's Farm and telling people to "run far, run fast, run away," heh.

One of the phenotypes was somewhat indicaish in expression. Shorter plant, shorter flowering period length, denser buds.

Again, this was a number of years ago. The breeder might have done more work since then, IDK.

My TD had foxtailing problems resulting from light being too intense, so I’d recommend having a lux meter or similar to make sure shes getting a proper dose of light.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that. Seemed to be a characteristic of the strain, so the post-harvest trim was yet another thing that people griped about back when a lot of people bought the seeds and grew it.

I have 3 going they are maybe 20 days old.

I can give you two solid tips.

1. Don’t leave them balancing on an unstable area under the light because they will topple over and this will result in you finding them half dead and broken on the floor

2. Don’t kick them over after forgetting you put them on the ground resulting in them being once again thrown from their puts, and again broken on the floor.

Great advice anyone can use!

Back
Top Bottom