Tent size and lights, how much does it matter?

fatbuds420

i have a 150w led light. in a 90x90cm tent. and it's underpowered for this size, but, if i were to LST the plants, and always keep it under the lights, would the tent size matter?

i'm talking about the reflective material. does it matter if it's 30 cm further away? i'd be a huge pain to make it smaller. because i glued it together. i'm also gonna add about 160w worth of CLF. i currently have 4 autos in there, in 11L pots

Light matters, tent not so much

Meaning

Correct amount of light on the plant is important, if it's in a 40'x40' room, that doesn't matter...ok kinda bad analogy but u get my point

Reflecting does help sure, but doesn't really help lower area that much, and good light penetration is much more important

Light matters, tent not so much

Meaning

Correct amount of light on the plant is important, if it's in a 40'x40' room, that doesn't matter...ok kinda bad analogy but u get my point

Reflecting does help sure, but doesn't really help lower area that much, and good light penetration is much more important
so, would you say i would waste my energy to spend 3-4 hours rebuilding the tent? very good to know. it was such pain in the ass bulding it. took me about 10 hours.

quick question, let's say i have a ts-1000. how many autos should i plant, one? 4? does it matter? of does pot size matter? what's the best way i can get a high yield with lights? (i can also add clfs, how much can 6 40w clf help)?

what strains do you recommend for high yields? i don't really care about quality, just wanna get stoned, even if it tastes like shit.

That light covers like a 2' x 2' area, so like one, maybe two plants

Bigger pot = bigger plant

Every strain can yield good, comes down to the grower really when yer in a small space, photos get bigger than Auto for sure

so, would you say i would waste my energy to spend 3-4 hours rebuilding the tent? very good to know. it was such pain in the ass bulding it. took me about 10 hours.

quick question, let's say i have a ts-1000. how many autos should i plant, one? 4? does it matter? of does pot size matter? what's the best way i can get a high yield with lights? (i can also add clfs, how much can 6 40w clf help)?

what strains do you recommend for high yields? i don't really care about quality, just wanna get stoned, even if it tastes like shit.

A ts-1000 is a great starter's light, it will handle 3-4 autos in your tent very nicely. The tsw 2000 even more so. Would be nice to see what your space looks like and the forum peeps can give you lots of advice on ways to improve

A ts-1000 is a great starter's light, it will handle 3-4 autos in your tent very nicely. The tsw 2000 even more so. Would be nice to see what your space looks like and the forum peeps can give you lots of advice on ways to improve
i see, can't really post pics rn (the place where i grow is a bit far from my house) i'll try to explain it, it's a 90x90 tent, temps are around 20Celcius, i don't have temp problems because it's open on the top, i only grow autos so i don't care about a few light leaks.

the plants are about 1 month and 1 week old, how far should i keep the lights?

if i have 2 plants, how big should the pots be?

when you say how far the lights should be, do you guys mean from the tip of the plant? or what?

Standard height is about 2 feet from plant in veg. But you can do 18" no problem with your light. That's what I do with my tsw 2000. And you might try to find a way to warm up your tent a couple degrees.
can it hurt to put the light too close? (as long as i don't get light burns) no way to warm it up, at least not without spending a lot of moeny... it's in the garage :( i herd that this temps aren't an issue for weed tho. is there any side effects ?

Adding the added light at any point is best, at 5 weeks your plants will grow faster under more lights. Shame you don't have any recent pics. I just installed a little camera I picked up at walmart to check on my plants that are an hour away
going there now. will post pics

Perfect, we can help alot better with a good visual look, try to get clear pics in a white light for our best guesses
took the pics with HDR, for more realistic colors.

i added 80w worth of LEDS, 20w each (equivalent to 40w clf or more) all warm lights. so now i have a total of 230w. are the lights close enough? i put them on the sides of the growing light, because the growing light is a rectangle, so less light on 2 sides. i still have a huge 40w LED. not sure i'll put it tho.

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-12_01-21-06.jpg
    photo_2019-11-12_01-21-06.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 88
  • photo_2019-11-12_01-21-07.jpg
    photo_2019-11-12_01-21-07.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 75
  • photo_2019-11-12_01-21-09.jpg
    photo_2019-11-12_01-21-09.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 79
Hmmm looks like a fee things going on, definitely need a feeding, I believe potassium is definitely needed.
yep, i gave them their first feeding yesterday. cause the soil was brand new, and i mixed in some granular fertilizer in it. i did overwater them. so it might be that too.

how would you rate 230w of growing lights for these plants from 1 to 10? 1 not being enough light and 10 being optimal

are the lights close enough?

Back
Top Bottom