Terrarium Grow

Butcher99

420 Member
A few months ago I posted that I was considering a terrarium grow. I asked if anyone else had tried this. I got a lot of ridicule but decided to try it anyway. What I did was start 2 terrariums. In one I started a lone Blueberry strain in the other I planted a White Widow and a Green Crack.
I planted them continually manipulated them to keep them stressed so they would not grow very fast. The stems on these plants are all between one foot long and over 2 feet in the largest plant. I gently kept lowering the stems down to the soil and would then pin and eventually bury the stock in soil (on the blueberry) the other I just kept weighting it down. 6 months later, 6 for the blueberry and 4 for the other 2 they are both in bloom and are quite a conversation piece. I am quite happy with the results actually.
Biggest problem is not watering them. Rather, stopping myself from watering them. In an enclosed jar, you do not water them. They get maybe an ounce or 2 a month. Possibly watered every 2 weeks with a tiny amount.
The constant manipulation keeps the plants stressed so they stay fairly small. Very slow growth. The light comes from 2 cheap LED lights I bought at LeeValley.com for $13. ea. It seems to be sufficient.
I am going looking for a larger container next. I want a container about a foot square and about 2 feet high.

Been a fun project. Going to see how big the buds get over the next couple of months.
Happy growing.

plants.jpg

quite cool,, i just read an article bout a fella, long time ago,, started a terrarium,, sealed it and never opened it for 14 years,,

here is the kicker,,

he added a touch of water after 14 years, sealed it up again and it has been surviving in perfect synchronicity,,

for 65 years

or there abouts,, true story,, least it's true i read it,, cpl days ago

The first one I tried I got too wet and a mould grew that finished it off. I made a yogurt /copper wire solution and let it sit for a few weeks. I used that to kill off any mould that showed up in my second attempt. Only a couple times as I used a lot less water. I am hoping to get a few more months out of this before I harvest. This has really been a fun growing project.

A few months ago I posted that I was considering a terrarium grow. I asked if anyone else had tried this. I got a lot of ridicule but decided to try it anyway. What I did was start 2 terrariums. In one I started a lone Blueberry strain in the other I planted a White Widow and a Green Crack.
I planted them continually manipulated them to keep them stressed so they would not grow very fast. The stems on these plants are all between one foot of long and over 2 feet in the largest plant. I gently kept lowering the stems down to the soil and would then pin and eventually bury the stock in soil (on the blueberry) the other I just kept weighting it down. 6 months later, 6 for the blueberry and 4 for the other 2 they are both in bloom and are quite a conversation piece. I am quite happy with the results actually.
Biggest problem is not watering them. Rather, stopping myself from watering them. In an enclosed jar, you do not water them. They get maybe an ounce or 2 a month. Possibly watered every 2 weeks with a tiny amount.
The constant manipulation keeps the plants stressed so they stay fairly small. Very slow growth. The light comes from 2 cheap LED lights I bought at LeeValley.com for $13. ea. It seems to be sufficient.
I am going looking for a larger container next. I want a container about a foot square and about 2 feet high.

Been a fun project. Going to see how big the buds get over the next couple of months.
Happy growing.

plants.jpg

I planted them continually manipulated them to keep them stressed so they would not grow very fast. The stems on these plants are all between one foot long and over 2 feet in the largest plant. I gently kept lowering the stems down to the soil and would then pin and eventually bury the stock in soil (on the blueberry) the other I just kept weighting it down. 6 months later, 6 for the blueberry and 4 for the other 2 they are both in bloom and are quite a conversation piece. I am quite happy with the results actually.

Happy growing.

plants.jpg
Hello! I’m about to give this a try and I was wondering if you could explain some more tips on have to achieve this?

Back
Top Bottom