2 pound harvest every month- grow strategies

Hey TSoul,
I don't want to start an offshoot or a riot but personally I am not convinced that even 1 person walked on water. It is always too coincidental that many of these 'Amazing' events took place during times when we still thought the earth was flat and you would fall off if you went too far, that the earth was the center of the universe, that to cure illnesses you should cut the person and let them bleed, that dragons and gigantic sea creatures existed, etc, etc, etc...for me someone that was really pretty freakin amazing if one reads up on them is Edgar Cayce and of course you could lump in the Nostradamous...I guess it will all be interesting to see if the Mayans and Nostradamous were right about the world cataclysm that is predicted in 2012...better smoke up while we all can ;-)

L8R,
Grooven

"Partially" Off-Topic But Possibly Worth a Read

[Off-Topic Rambling]LOL that's ok, I just figured as an example the odds pretty much fit with the odds of the OP filling their requirement with the specifications that they listed.

And no, no need to get into a religious debate on this website lmfao. Especially since I wasn't there to observe it, the only written records of that event were (if I remember what I read and if it was correct) written long after it, and in a Book that even most clergy would in a fit of honesty have to admit that was edited (at least as to which "books" got to be included into the New Testament and which wouldn't be) by men for reasons of their own (usually, but not always, politically-inspired) in a tradition that started almost 2,000 years ago and continued right up until 1885 when the 15 books of the Apocrypha were removed by the Archbishop of Canterbury from the King James Bible to make what is now called the Authorized King James Bible. And even in the (few) books that remain, a little investigation and comparison with much older translations of the Bible (helps if you can wrangle a visit into certain Rare Books departments I guess) will show that occasionally a word here and there might get changed or omitted - which can and has changed the meaning of things. Who knows how such things happened, whether they were intentional, scribes' best guesses when copying by hand other hand-copied and/or translated copies that might have been hard to read, whether they were simple mistakes, or what. Had literacy been a requirement to be considered for a position within the Christian (or most other) hierarchy, it might not have became a major world religion in the first place and even among the literate in the world until (relatively) recently, spelling was generally a matter of choice of the person who did the writing and not something that was standardized.

But...

As for "times when we still thought the earth was flat and you would fall off if you went too far, that the earth was the center of the universe, that to cure illnesses you should cut the person and let them bleed, that dragons and gigantic sea creatures existed, etc, etc, etc," some people living on the planet 2,000 years (and even centuries before then) knew that the earth was round, that it orbited the sun, knew medicine and surgical procedures that were otherwise not "discovered/invented" until modern times. As for dragons - have you ever gotten a closeup look at a komodo dragon? Smelled its "fiery" breath? If the largest males are 10' or so in length, able to kill a water buffalo several times its size, and are known for hiding in ambush and then - very quickly - charging out and inflicting a single bite that either causes its prey to quickly expire through blood loss / hydrostatic shock or more slowly though the massive infections caused by the septic bacteria living in their mouths... Yes, they have occasionally killled - and eaten - people. One Swiss tourist was eaten by a komodo dragon (literally everything but his camera)And many modern animals are considerably smaller than the ones living two or three thousand years ago... Sure, I could believe in them. And as for giant sea monsters - the colossul squid is estimated to reach a maximum of 46' long and fishermen have caught fish that these squid were eating - and the squids still refused to let go lol. And with an eye of 12-16 inches across, imagine being a simple sailor a few thousand years ago and coming eye-to-eye with THAT. Giant sea monster indeed. I can think of a few relaible reports of river catfish that outweighed me several times over and they are ordinarily small enough to catch - who could say what is waiting to be discovered - or rediscovered - in the practically unexplored waters of the planet?

Whether we choose to believe ancient religious documents - or the edited versions of them that are the most common today - is up to us to decide. But to think all ancient peoples to be primitive simply because they didn't have the internet is a bad idea. Besides many examples of medicine (including our own MMJ(!) that the ancients used), several civilizations had quite a bit of astronomic knowledge and scientific technology as well that was lost either accidentally through wars, intentionally destroyed (the burning of the majority of the Libraries of Alexandria for example which destroyed countless priceless works of MANY different subjects).

Here is but one example: Alessandro Volta invented the battery in 1799, right? Nope! In Iraq are ancient artifacts dated from 248 BC to 226 AD that, when investigated, turned out to be batteries! Not only that but jewelery and vases have been found from as early as 2500 BC that were electroplated!

Somewhat oddly, having seen pictures, description, and "blueprints" for these ancient batteries, they do not strike me as something that an ancient would have invented but rather what someone from a "modern" civilization would have come up with... Perhaps created along with many other such anomolous works by survivors from the fabled(?) Atlantis, one of the fabled(?) marooned visitors from another planet that seemed to pop up in several different (and separated by oceans and thousands of miles) ancient religions all around the world at about the same time (Hmm...), a time-traveller from a time such as our own or not too far in the future such as has been the subject of more than a few science fiction(?) books, or perhaps something REALLY hard to believe lol.

But these ancient batteries strike me as what you or I would come up with if we had our knowledge of how batteries work and what they are made of, but suddenly found ourselves with nothing to work with to create them but what was available thousands of years ago.

Hmm... Hmm... Hmm... Nothing like a really powerful pure sativa (an old friend came to visit yesterday W00T!!!) to make my mind go 900mph - and in the strangest directions lol. A large supply of THIS bud instead of just the tiny morsel that I was gifted (and is almost gone now <SIGH>) and I might even start writing again lol.

Oh well, time to get ready for work I guess. It's been a fun night prowling 420magazine and reading threads![/Off-Topic Rambling]

2 Pounds per month is certainly doable - but it takes careful planning, attention to detail, the ability to spend the time required without fail, adequate space, nutrients, light, CO2, the proper strains, or at least some combination of the above. And while it is within the realm of possibility that someone without a lot of experience at growing might be able to pull it off, it is NOT a good idea for a newbie to shoot for it. It would be far better to "work up to it in stages," starting with SEVERAL small personal grows, trying different things - preferably only changing one variable at a time - in order to learn not only the basics but which of the various accepted ways to skin this cat are going to work best for that particular individual. Such a strategy would be far more likely to eventually allow the person to arrive at his/her ultimate goal instead of going the way of the person that owned and operated "The Great Tennessee Pot Cave" (which, for all the money that was obviously spent creating it, showed many signs of inefficiency, and ultimately landed the person in jail if I'm not mistaken).

I praisethe herb and not some fairy tale figure who has caused more harm than good throughout history..... You don't have to agree with me but it is my opinion. Have a great time praising the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy while you're at it!

2 lbs per month is possible if you stagger when you place your ladies into the FLOWERING AREA. I don't think that you have enough room for 2lbs. per month but I wish you luck on your journey.

Do you know what strain you plan on growing?

i think with that space you can get a little over a pound a month...

every month.

I agree with McSpuds. If you do it right you will get some good weed... okay a lot of good weed. But if things arent kept up to par, you might have a big problem with pests. It will be hard to manage such a big garden in such a tight space.
If done right you can harvest at the end of every month with roughly a pound each time. Remember! just bc you got a lb the first time doesnt mean you wont end up with a 1/2lb or 1 1/2 lbs. Its not going to be exactly the same every time.... thats the fun of growing. Not knowing whats coming

hmmm. ive never used a light mover, im a small scale person so i can focus on fine things. Quality/Quantity is the way i like to play.
Good to know just incase i ever look into a light mover

They're great for small-scale single light setups too. They allow you to get the light even closer to the plants without worrying about the additional heat because the light isn't sitting stationary over the plants. And the movement generally (more than) makes up for the smaller footprint you get when you drop the light.

You might see a small drop in your grams per square foot but your extra square feet should more than offset it.

That's with a linear light-mover. The circular ones are good for people who like to include one MH for two, three, or four HPS fixtures and want to make sure they have even coverage in a (larger) room.

Hey im not trying to be a dick but did you ever think maybe the dea watches these sites and just builds cases, Well I think its 100% realistic.

hey im not trying to be a dick but did you ever think maybe the dea watches these sites and just builds cases, well i think its 100% realistic.

look out....,behind you !!!!!!!!!

They're great for small-scale single light setups too. They allow you to get the light even closer to the plants without worrying about the additional heat because the light isn't sitting stationary over the plants. And the movement generally (more than) makes up for the smaller footprint you get when you drop the light.

You might see a small drop in your grams per square foot but your extra square feet should more than offset it.

That's with a linear light-mover. The circular ones are good for people who like to include one MH for two, three, or four HPS fixtures and want to make sure they have even coverage in a (larger) room.

are these the light movers that do a full rotation every 40 min....if so thats the good stuff.

:nicethread:

I have seen these batteries you talk about containing a citrus based acid in ceramic (clay)jars cool looking thing I have also seen the squid you speak of big ass bitch. just wanted to make sure you had another source .

Back
Top Bottom