The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Would you guys mind if I jumped into your 4 x 4 with a 3 x 5 ? While trying to decide on a tent size to purchase, did not care to have a row of plants so far back away from the front of the tent.. So I home made a 3 x 5 so my six plants are only two rows deep.

Any hoo... Only one square foot difference, and looks like a good thread ..

Let me know if ok to post here..

Sup Fellas,
Thought I would chime in officially as a 4x4 club certified member.
The 4x4 is have is gorilla lite and the height is 7 feet 8 inches. Great for growing larger plants. The extra height helps with the temps imo.
ggt_lite_pic.jpg

Hello all I'm new here but not new to growing looks like a good thread to be in since I'll be getting my 4x4 this week hope to see more good dank!

Re: The 4x4 Grow Tent Club- Thank you so much!

Feels like you're a lifesaver.

I've just set up my 4x4 mylar, got my seeds ... but I'm overwhelmed by the choices of lighting for a 4x4. I've been reading up and still have not dared to take the plunge and spend the cash...

I'll start reading the Club info, learn what others in my situation are doing/have done.

Thanks again!

I figured I would start this thread for all of us indoor growers growing in a 4x4 tent so we can share our tips and tricks. I know that many of use grow tents for growing our favorite plants, but many end up upgrading to the ever popular 4x4x6.5 tent. Feel free to post your 4x4 photos and info.

My setup is as follows:

4x4x6.5 basic $125 grow tent from ebay
JD Lighting 1000w dimmable ballast
1000w ultra sun hps bulb
Hydrotek tube cooled hood
4ft light mover (only travels 8" both ways)
6" 440cfm fan attached to a 6x24 filter
22" osc fan for over the canopy
2x 6" clip fans blowing just under the tube

The medium I use is FFOF x Coco Coir x Perlite x Diatamaceous Earth in 2 and 3 gallon pots bags or softsided pots, basically whatever I get my hands on when its time to pot up. Nutrients are my simple Age Old Organics grow/bloom liquids with mollassess and pk13/14 fed with tapwater.

I run 8 to 10 plants in a perpetual rotation and roughly average 2 to 2.5 oz per plants strain dependant.

Post your 4x4's!

IMG_69781.JPG

IMG_69761.JPG

And my 4x2x5 LED veg and mom tent
IMG_697211.jpg

Speaking of new tents, I will be setting up my new 4x4 tent next week, and am curious as to the consensus on how many plants you can flower in this size space. I will be using 7 gallon pots, and am thinking four plants. But I would love to get a fifth plant in the tent as well. Is that too may plants?

Thanks!

@ SlowToke

It really depends on the way you grow them, if you train them to a flat canopy you might only be able to fit 1 or 2 monsters, but if you grow christmas tree shaped plants you can easily fit 6 and maybe more(if that many pots of your size will fit in there:))

I currently have 6 flowering plants in my 4x4 tent in 15 L pots(~4 gallon).

Yeah, I was going to talk to my hydro shop about tent sizes. 5x5 or 4x8 don't quite work for my room layout. I might just be out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

In that case I would suggest a 4'x4' combined with a 2'x4'. They will be a 4'x6' overall but give you added flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom