Love my 4x4 Gorilla!!! Got it for $150 off of Craiglsist. Score!!! :yahoo:

[video=youtube;JsAefKWR264]
[/video]

Turned my LEDs off for this one cuz someone requested a shot with less "purple"

[video=youtube;j-USNtEJcaI]
[/video]

flowering-12_30.jpg
flowering-12_30_2.jpg

What's shakin all? New to the group and first time grower.

Think I have a little thing going right here. Since I'm a little OCD, I think this will be quite the ride.

Two tents in play. One is the clone/veg unit (currently pushing 6 clones) and the second is a Argo. Fits like a glove in the basement.

Just traversed the first 4 plants from veg to grow. So we will see how it goes. Damn stuff is skanky already (woohoo).

Pics as soon as I figure out how to post them.

9C216E3B-7493-4BD5-8253-9C60D2743AD0_zpsgqritqvo.jpg

2C7B7342-7770-4024-8C5D-ED57BAAE5619_zpsl703ylkc.jpg

7BD7128E-7DE8-4280-B94C-27CB8C78A960_zpsbxb1gmj9.jpg

DA356F22-0B4D-417D-8928-22F0CFC5E409_zpsibnpmupg.jpg

18337D78-3863-4080-9FA9-5F8D44EDF72F_zpspcm1vwui.jpg

A59DC8F1-D196-4B19-875C-C09A6778C26A_zpsjptjpwpq.jpg

Hi guys, will be starting my first indoor sometime next week. I've always been a outdoor grower.
Tent will be 4x4 and ordered yesterday a Platinum Led P4-XML2 .
Will post pics when the setup takes shape.

Cool thread;) wish i had room for a 4x4 tent.all.in good time.i have always used tents since my growing journey began. Mine is 65 inch wide and 25 inch front to back.and 5 and half foot tall.so not huge but does me and 3 ladies at a time just fine.here my current grow.the big girls are 10 weeks old;)
DSC_1635.JPG
DSC_16382.JPG
IMG_20160106_095125.JPG
.happy growing every1;)

Hi Guys,

I just got my 4 x 4 tent and tomorrow my Platinum Led P4-XML2 will be delivered (big mistake, awful retailers...etc.)
I'm starting a trial as me and my company are developing an all organic (certified by BCS in Germany) fertilizer, based on 4 different varieties of seaweed.
Extensive trials have been done by different universities including ''Sydney University'' on Tomatos and other species on our GROW, BLOOM AND ROOT products. We are now working on reformulating our product for specific cannabis use, re branding, packaging etc.

Our trials will start next week and I'm thinking on going with going all feminized seeds (not Autos as they are less sensible to biofertilizers/nutes.

I'm also thinking on using 3 gallon pots as we are not looking into usable yield, but yield difference, mainly against BioBizz.

- Fem varieties to be used.
- Pot size
- Light schedule
- Etc

Comments greatly appreciated and hope in tge mid term you will use a great nute made in the Patagonia.

Cheers and all comments welcome.

R.

I just got a used 4x4 tent from a buddy for 55 bucks. He said there was some kind of "boat" that goes in the bottom of it? But it was under a bunch if stuff and had been left outside all season so I said I'd just grab it some other time. Should I even other with it? I have the tent up and it seems like there isn't anything else needed for except light and ventilation.

I am going to run a 400 watt setup with a cool tube and carbon scrubber. Not too fancy but I need a cool tube, temperature gets too high here in the summer and I want to use AC as little as possible.

For now I'm just cleaning up the tent. There is a zipper thst needs some sewing done and the bottom ones were really stubborn to move, the fabric is stained with something... But for 55 bucks it beats my old panda film grow room by leaps and bounds.

I just got a used 4x4 tent from a buddy for 55 bucks. He said there was some kind of "boat" that goes in the bottom of it? But it was under a bunch if stuff and had been left outside all season so I said I'd just grab it some other time. Should I even other with it? I have the tent up and it seems like there isn't anything else needed for except light and ventilation.

I am going to run a 400 watt setup with a cool tube and carbon scrubber. Not too fancy but I need a cool tube, temperature gets too high here in the summer and I want to use AC as little as possible.

For now I'm just cleaning up the tent. There is a zipper thst needs some sewing done and the bottom ones were really stubborn to move, the fabric is stained with something... But for 55 bucks it beats my old panda film grow room by leaps and bounds.

Nah, the "boat" is just simply the fabric pan that catches the water at the bottom of the tent. You can make one or forget about it if you don't think you need one for your style of growing. You can lube the zippers up and I find that pulling them towards you while zipping helps.

well mines 3'11"x3'11" but thats close right :p

3x CKS Hashplant and 3x CKS Black Indica, just passed day 60 from planting, 2 weeks into flower.

they've had a haircut since this shot tho.

Day60-ALL.jpg

lovin the tent!

:volcano-smiley:

Cool I think I'll use leave that out then, I plan to keep the floor as dry as I can. I learned with my panda film grow that runoff dirties the floor really bad, I'm trying to keep it reflective and clean as possible.

Can't figure out how to get this stain off the bottom but oh well. I put my old lights in there to test out. Not much light leaks. I'm totally getting a cool tube when I get my 400 mh/hps setup though. I'm going to leave the lights in and scrub it all down tomorrow.

IMG_20160203_184453.jpg
IMG_20160203_184508.jpg
IMG_20160203_184703.jpg
IMG_20160203_184717.jpg
IMG_20160203_184800.jpg

Next up is ventilation equipment. I'm debating on getting a carbon scrubber. Last time I grew odor wasn't much of an issue, but I like being disccreet. I figure with cool tube I will need to hang the carbon scrubber beside it and run ducting around the top to make it all fit.

What cfm you guys use on fans? I have an unused furnace vent I'm going to exhaust into, will go up through the chimney. I was thinking one of the cheap 240 cfm ventec fans.

Do you guys add a booster fan for intake or just let passive intake through the side vents? I was thinking about hooking up a booster fan with a filter attached and tape the vents closed, to avoid exposure to pests the most I can. Think it'd help at all?

Been thinking about trying some autoflower strains too so I don't have to run lights so much to spare my electric bill.

Also anyone else find theirs to be really hard to put together? I couldn't get the corners to fit into the tent or get the poles in the end. The tent was just too tight around the frame. I had to get the corners together and then basically deadlift the top end of one of the 6 foot poles that telescope into each other, kind of pull other ends out and slide one end in, and then push it back toward the corner to make the ends connect. One didn't quite go in as flush as the others though. Anyway makes me worry about taking it down again, which was th plan after I cleaned it because I won't tell be using it for a few months. I am thinking of leaving it up just to not risk breaking any part of it, it's had three owners at this point and been reassembled/disassembled who knows how much.

Still, it's in 95 percent shape and I doubt I could have put together something better with panda film.

Hi, Fert. Looks like a nice tent to me, and a heck of a good deal! :thumb:

If it were me, I would get a good enough fan to pull air through the tent without a booster fan. I am pretty much convinced the fans work much better when pulling air than pushing air. I use one of the Active Air 400 CFM fans that works great. I don't have a filter in the tent because I'll be flowering outside the tent, and will setup a freestanding filter with fan attached in the general room. But I think a filter is a good idea. Even with the small plants I now have in the tent, it gets pretty dank in the room!

Here's a pic of my setup.

DSC2918.jpg

And here's a little better view of the light, fan and duct setup in the tent.

DSC2927.jpg

Do you have any opinions on cool tube versus air cooled hood?

My outside temperatures in the summer get to 110 and with my little window AC I'm lucky to get room temperature down to mid 70s so cooling the light and the exhaustong it's heat is imperative. I think hest stress dwarfed my yield more than anything my first grow. Not to mention I dont care for the heat either lol

I'm still wrestling with whether I even want a carbon filter at all. I'm going to be exhausting out of my chimney and last time I flowered smell wasn't an issue at all... Of course thst was only three plants barely putting flowers on. On the downside it may restrict air flow.

I don't know much about your light fixture, but if isn't an air cooled fixture and your air conditioning is marginal, I think I would get the 400 CFM fan I suggested with the intake at the very top of your tent and let it rip at full speed to try and bleed off as much heat as possible. You will hopefully be able to get your temps down to the mid 70s for your plants. Although you may be out of luck until you an upgrade your a/c unit if you can't keep the tent temps in check.

I don't know much about your light fixture, but if isn't an air cooled fixture and your air conditioning is marginal, I think I would get the 400 CFM fan I suggested with the intake at the very top of your tent and let it rip at full speed to try and bleed off as much heat as possible. You will hopefully be able to get your temps down to the mid 70s for your plants. Although you may be out of luck until you an upgrade your a/c unit if you can't keep the tent temps in check.

Well I am still debating between an air cooled hood and a cool tube. The cool tube I think would be the coolest but I hear the tube creates hotspots. I am getting a 400 light kit from Apollo with either if these options.

I have a furnace I don't use with a vent that goes right behind my tent. I'm going to vent into that and seal off the front of the furnace in my living room, that way my exhaust goes up the chimney.

I am hoping with that and my window AC to see max temps of 85 in the tent but if airflow is optimal should I expect the tent to remain same temp as the room?

Heat killed my first grow more than anything. I am still not sure if they were very early but I probably could have put on more weight, but my buds started to rot in the heat and poor climate control so I pulled then all ASAP. Only got 21 grams off 3 plants!

I think I am going to try a bloom-from-seed grow too, that way I don't need the lights in nearly as much and can have them on during the cooler parts of the day.

my tent was really tight to get on the frame, i popped a few stitches on the top edge.

as for your ventilation, find your tents volume, (lengthxwidthxheight) and get a fan that will clear it ~1-2 times a minute

I am hoping with that and my window AC to see max temps of 85 in the tent but if airflow is optimal should I expect the tent to remain same temp as the room?

my tent (104cuft) clears 1.25 times a minute (w/ carbon @160cfm) and runs about 10-12F hotter than the room its in with a 600W cool tube; to give you an idea.. And thats cooling the tube with the air in the tent, not outside air.

my tent was really tight to get on the frame, i popped a few stitches on the top edge.

as for your ventilation, find your tents volume, (lengthxwidthxheight) and get a fan that will clear it ~1-2 times a minute

my tent (104cuft) clears 1.25 times a minute (w/ carbon @160cfm) and runs about 10-12F hotter than the room its in with a 600W cool tube; to give you an idea.. And thats cooling the tube with the air in the tent, not outside air.

Good info. When you say it's cooling with the air in the tent, do you mean you just have the carbon filter attached to one tube end and then the other attached to exhaust so it's pulling in through the filter? That's how I was going to do it. I figure the vents on the side will pull in fresh air from the suction the exhaust makes.

I COULD rig an intake fan to get more cool air into the tent too but I'm afraid it will just make the hot air blow out the sides of the tent instead of through my exhaust to the chimney.

Back
Top Bottom