The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Grizzwald - that is a lot of light. I was worried about investing all my money in one light fixture so I went 2X 96 Reflectors. However you get 240 lights vs my option. The reflectors are bright though and do have IR lights and the dual bloom / flower switch.

4 weeks into flower. Ordered a Gorilla Tent for next grow. Might run 6 plants instead of 12. The power of this 630 LEC has been the best performing light I've used.

IMG_056337.JPG
IMG_060935.JPG
IMG_061735.JPG
IMG_061641.JPG

OK I Have To Put My $2.00 worth in here Eh! Now I'm not sure if it's Available in the U.S.A. However Either Way Pretty Well Every 4x4 Tent With 1680D Mylar Is Of Good Quality & Shouldn't Run You More Than $150.00 to Your Door. My Cousin Bought a 600D Mylar a couple Years Back (thank God a week before I purchased my 1st Tent) It was a Nightmare right from the set up on.The poles were ridiculous less
than 1/2 inch round And Boy did they Ever Bow when the weight of the light was put briefly on Them. Now I'm NOT SAYING "Your Tent Is Of That Quality" Just that Most 600D Mylar Tents Don't Support the weight of a Good High Wattage Light my 900 watt Mars Hydro II
Full Spectrum LED Is Much to heavy for Anything Less Than A 1 Inch Metal Pole. I Just Hate to see anyone Go Through What Cousin Brian Did Is All . None of us can afford the Cost & Or Especially The TIME For such avoidable Mistakes. I Also did No Research myself. If it hadn't been for my cousin I was going to purchase THE SAME Tent Too! Bullet Dodged There For Real. lol. I ended Up getting the 1600D Mylar FusionHut MUCHO TOUGH & DURABLE w/ Industrial Zippers The Whole 9 Yards Eh! I Have a 3x3 & 4x4 NOW I use my Cabinet from Cali. for my Veg & Seedlings etc.etc. & My 4x4 4 the Bloom/Bud So I'm Holding off on putting the 3x3 up just now Eh! Anyhooow, I'll attach some pics of my current set up.

"I Wish You The Greenest Of Grows & The Heaviest Of Harvest Always"

Sincerely: Don D. :Namaste::Namaste:
IMG_060045.JPG
IMG_059643.JPG
IMG_059947.JPG
IMG_060236.JPG
IMG_123542.JPG
IMG_121943.JPG
IMG_165335.JPG
IMG_128533.JPG
IMG_127022.JPG
IMG_97444.JPG
IMG_156225.JPG
IMG_1473_1_1.JPG
IMG_1388_1_1.JPG
IMG_1404_1_.JPG

4x4.5x7.5 closet grow used mylar
Soil...roots organic + perlite + ewc + peat
1000w hps bulb
Solis tek dimmable ballast
Uncooled hood
4" exhaust with filter
4' passive intake
Fans inside too

1 auto gorilla glue
1 og kush
2 bag seeds

I cannot seem to get negative pressure. Even with exhaust on high. Temps got to 84 RH 50%...just worried they might get too hot when I up wattage. Currently vegging under 400w but wanted to do 600w veg and 1000w flower. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, they say that you want to exchange the total volume of air every 3 to 5 minutes. That being said I am sure that your current setup will do that, but the fact that you are having heat issues means something is going on. If you are at 84 degrees on 400 watts then you really can't afford to up the wattage until you get the temps figured out. What's the ambient temp of the room outside the tent? Try making a fat intake and running the fan on high and see what you get.

Yes, they say that you want to exchange the total volume of air every 3 to 5 minutes. That being said I am sure that your current setup will do that, but the fact that you are having heat issues means something is going on. If you are at 84 degrees on 400 watts then you really can't afford to up the wattage until you get the temps figured out. What's the ambient temp of the room outside the tent? Try making a fat intake and running the fan on high and see what you get.

So I put a nother 3 inch ducting intake and that helped with the larger original. the temp dropped to 77 degrees. outside the tent are around 65 degrees

Ok, so that is progress. I am not sure how your setup is configured, but I personally would add more intake until I stopped seeing temp drops. That would indicated that you are good as far as intakes go.

There are many answers to that question, and they're right here in this forum if you can be bothered to read a little.
There's also another forum called "Grow Lighting". Guess what it's about?
Good luck!

What's the best light for a 4+4 tent?

I would say 600W HPS or like lighting, any thing larger would be to much IMO, there are many combinations you can use. I do not fill my 4x4 as I run vertical with screens and run 5 plants, will be using a two lamp setup, a 315W CMH and a 400W HPS stacked. As Thunder said, there is a good forum on this at Grow Lighting.

Good Luck
GR

Back
Top Bottom