The 'Canna-Bus' Rolls Through Louisville In Support Of Medical Marijuana

Truth Seeker

Supporters of medical marijuana are touring the country and their unique vehicle is creating a lot of buzz along the way.

Sunday the Canna-bus mad a stop in Louisville. It's a school bus that has been transformed into a rolling billboard for the legalization of cannabis movement.

Stacey Theis from Arizona is the driver and she said it is all about getting the word out about the benefits of medical marijuana.

"I'm just out there to tell everybody I can about the truth because they deserve to know the truth. They deserve to know that there is something to better their lives to fight for," Theis said.

Theis and other pro-cannabis supporters argue medical marijuana is beneficial for a variety of chronic conditions like post traumatic stress disorder, cancer and multiple sclerosis.

Erin Grossman from Louisville was diagnosed with a neuro-degenerative disease in 2001. She said she pays about $500 dollars a month for treatment out of pocket, while Medicare pays the rest. However, Grossman said her medical bills would be cut dramatically if Kentucky were to legalize marijuana.

"Marijuana would remove about 80 percent of the prescriptions I'm currently taking," Grossman said.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the FDA has not approved marijuana as a medicine for several reasons.

First there have not been enough clinical trials that show 'marijuana-benefits' outweigh its risks. Also, marijuana doesn't have well defined and measurable ingredients. It has adverse health effects, and when smoked it can cause respiratory symptoms. Marijuana may also cause short term memory and impair motor coordination.

Despite the FDA's reasons, 17 states in the U.S. have legalized marijuana for medical purposes.

Ron Moore with the Kentucky Veterans for Medical Marijuana is campaigning to legalize marijuana in Kentucky.

"The wave is cresting and I do believe if not this session, next session, we will at least get a hearing on it and that's all we want," Moore said.

For now, this bus will keep on "rolling green" to spread the message around the country.

The Canna-bus started its tour Wednesday in North Carolina and it will stop in several cities before completing its journey in Arizona.

Cannabus.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: whas11.com
Author: Johnny Archer
Contact: WHAS11.com | Contact WHAS11-TV, WHAS11.com - WHAS11.com
Website: The 'Canna-bus' rolls through Louisville in support of medical marijuana | WHAS11.com Louisville

Supporters of medical marijuana are touring the country and their unique vehicle is creating a lot of buzz along the way.

Sunday the Canna-bus mad a stop in Louisville. It's a school bus that has been transformed into a rolling billboard for the legalization of cannabis movement.

Stacey Theis from Arizona is the driver and she said it is all about getting the word out about the benefits of medical marijuana.

"I'm just out there to tell everybody I can about the truth because they deserve to know the truth. They deserve to know that there is something to better their lives to fight for," Theis said.

Theis and other pro-cannabis supporters argue medical marijuana is beneficial for a variety of chronic conditions like post traumatic stress disorder, cancer and multiple sclerosis.

Erin Grossman from Louisville was diagnosed with a neuro-degenerative disease in 2001. She said she pays about $500 dollars a month for treatment out of pocket, while Medicare pays the rest. However, Grossman said her medical bills would be cut dramatically if Kentucky were to legalize marijuana.

"Marijuana would remove about 80 percent of the prescriptions I'm currently taking," Grossman said.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the FDA has not approved marijuana as a medicine for several reasons.

First there have not been enough clinical trials that show 'marijuana-benefits' outweigh its risks. Also, marijuana doesn't have well defined and measurable ingredients. It has adverse health effects, and when smoked it can cause respiratory symptoms. Marijuana may also cause short term memory and impair motor coordination.

Despite the FDA's reasons, 17 states in the U.S. have legalized marijuana for medical purposes.

Ron Moore with the Kentucky Veterans for Medical Marijuana is campaigning to legalize marijuana in Kentucky.

"The wave is cresting and I do believe if not this session, next session, we will at least get a hearing on it and that's all we want," Moore said.

For now, this bus will keep on "rolling green" to spread the message around the country.

The Canna-bus started its tour Wednesday in North Carolina and it will stop in several cities before completing its journey in Arizona.

Cannabus.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: whas11.com
Author: Johnny Archer
Contact: WHAS11.com | Contact WHAS11-TV, WHAS11.com - WHAS11.com
Website: The 'Canna-bus' rolls through Louisville in support of medical marijuana | WHAS11.com Louisville
Glad to hear the Canna Bus is running again. Thanks To Kyle Catlin and Moose. Thanks Guys!

Back
Top Bottom