The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box

Update 22 days flower.
021.9 days tracking Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Trichomes are really starting to show at 22 days. Took some random shots as I was performing the last of the LST, getting the buds into final maturation positions. Enjoy

(CLICK THE IMAGES FOR FULL SIZE)
First, both girls

Side A:

Side B:

These grew from an above net topping site - a set of twins:

And now the random shots:

Update:
DSCN08667.JPG

A stinky 1/4.P. from Side B! Cut, trimmed, and in for the cure.

064.0 days tracking Green Kush Bunnies - GKB
Side A comes out tonight.

Update:
065 days tracking Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Side A: Cut, and hung... The trunk is as big as my THUMB

PICS?!

And just a kick in the balls to the naysayers of Hydroton...

Can't support a healthy root system??

SUCK THIS!!

And mine's reusable, where soil-type mediums must be tossed into the compost and turned for a season before it's good again. . . Mine? 10 minutes of washing, and I can immediately reset it for planting again.

I love my medium..!

Update:
Side A: harvested, hung, dried, trimmed, and in for the cure.

Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Germ'd on: 3/5/13
Veg Growth started: 3/19/13
Started Flowering: 6/28/13
Side B Harvested: 8/26/13 - 59 days - Amber ~08%
Side A Harvested: 9/01/13 - 66 days - Amber ~45%
Target Date: 9/28/13
Difference: -27 days (early)
Side A Total Days seed-to-weed: 173 for ScrOG
Side A Total Days seed-to-weed: 180 for ScrOG

Smoke yield TOTAL: 5.6oz in 2x4 screen
Trim for hash TOTAL: 30g
That will yield about 3g Grade "A"(76micron), and maybe 4g Grade "B"(110 micron). Will post hard totals later.

I was looking for the best amber percentage for this strain. Looking for knock-out effect, and headache meds for my migraines. Will have smoke report for both later. Will have micro shots for Side A later.

PICS!

Trim for HASH! in a 1Gal Ice Cream bucket.

I am pissed that I backed the wrong horse in the early days, but I'm glad that I now know the truth. And... The wrong horse corroborated the truth, so I am certain that I now know the whole story. 420 was protecting the members of this site from being lied to, and from being told everything was fine when it clearly was not. We were not privy to all of the the drama, but that was because 420 did not feel it was professional to air dirty laundry between two companies in a public forum. Not only that, but it would have broken the Business Code of Ethics, to which all companies should abide. Those that don't, suffer major legal battles and often lose because of it.

Suffice it to say, I was in contact with 420 and the sponsor, and through cross referencing e-mail, phone, and personal contacts, have whittled, boiled, and sweated down the two stories to the bare truth. It comes to this: we at 420Magazine were, in fact, being lied to, and were being protected from further deception by banning the sponsor, and revoking sponsor status. This is not mere conjecture, it was actually confirmed by the past sponsor to be true. Although he did not know he was confirming it at the time, he did corroborate the event timelines, and certain other details that eventually led me to the truth.

Furthermore, I heard the sponsor's own voice in a voice mail, saying things that went directly against his written story at the time, and confirmed that the "public" story going around from that sponsor was a complete falsehood. This, my 420Mag friends, shook me to my very core. I am not pleased with the results, to say the least... I went into this trying to prove the sponsor was in the right... I felt sorely, and publicly humiliated when I realized that everything I had been saying for the past months trying to persuade management to reinstate the sponsor, was incorrect, and that I had **myself** been spreading misinformation. Imagine that- **ME** spreading misinformation... you can't imagine the feelings I went through. Those that know me, and know my disgust of misinformation might be able to barely imagine how I felt. Let's just say that I've made my ire of it well known around the forums.

Please, 420 Magazine friends and management, allow me to deeply apologize for my actions, and for spreading the belief that the sponsor was being done wrong. To my friends here, I can only say that I thought I knew the whole story at the time. To 420 management, I know that you never wanted to hear of this sponsor again, but I felt that I should extend my hand in an offer of peace, to put this thing to rest for good.

Those that know the story to which I am referring, please do not name the sponsor in this thread. I wish to keep this message intact so all that visit will be able to read it.

I now step down off my soapbox, and return you to your regularly scheduled grow thread.

GROW TOTALS:

Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Germ'd on: 3/5/13
Veg Growth started: 3/19/13
Started Flowering: 6/28/13
Side B Harvested: 8/26/13 - 59 days - Amber ~08%
Side A Harvested: 9/01/13 - 66 days - Amber ~45%
Target Date: 9/28/13
Difference: -27 days (early)
Side B Total Days seed-to-weed: 173 for ScrOG
Side A Total Days seed-to-weed: 180 for ScrOG

Smoke yield TOTAL: 5.6oz in 2x4 screen (2.4oz shy of a half)
That will yield about 3g Grade "A"(76micron), and maybe 4g Grade "B"(110 micron). Will post hard totals later.

I was looking for the best amber percentage for this strain. Looking for knock-out effect, and headache meds for my migraines. This is the reason for letting the Side A plant go for a week longer.

TEST-4 MATRIX
and
TEST CONCLUSION

Overall Difficulty: 5/10

Strains:

• 2x Green Fluffy Bunnies x jandre Kush

Enviroment:

• Humidity: 40% to 47%
  • Temp: 71f to 101f
  • Veg lights: 12-1
  • Flower lights: Diminishing light
  • Light Type: EYE - 400 Watt - Hortilux Super HPS
  • Nutirents: Blue Plaanet Nutrients Elite 3-part with Liquid Blue Bloom Booster
  • Grow Type: Hydroponic Ebb and Flow

Total Flower Time:
Side B - 59 days - Amber ~08%
Side A - 66 days - Amber ~45%

Total Harvested Overall:
Smoke yield TOTAL: 5.6oz in 2x4 screen

Observations:

Anomalies:
I had no problems with pests at all this round, (yay) and only had some slight heat issues. I think my extraction fan is on its last leg as it is sounding like the bearing is going bad an it rumbles pretty badly.

Environment: Stable and predictable changes in ambient temperature and relative humidity were observed and easily handled throughout the flowering cycle.

Lighting: The Hortilux 400w Super HPS bulb that I won from my grow shop seems to do better than the cheapo light in had in there. Not sure why, but I think that the $70 investment would be the best course of action, and save the cheapo bulb for if the working bulb blows for some reason... although it has a 1yr warranty.

Reservoir: As far as the nutrient delivery system is concerned, no anomalies were observed. Performance was flawless, and cleaning was easy.

Overall Impression of Test: Improved Success but reduced yield overall vs previous grow configuration. Potency is up and so is aroma and flavor. Bud formation is tight, and dense, although it could stand to be more so. But buds could ALWAYS stand to be more dense, huh?

Conclusion:

Although overall success was achieved, there is room for improvement. Better yield per side would be a desirable. Research ways to keep "lights-on" temps cooler when the box is closed.

Sad news. A stem problem developed in the remaining plant "Female Explorer Biscuits" has died... In 3-4 days she went from a nice healthy green, to dead and yellow. Perplexing as it is, it allows me to focus on my next evolution: Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

This journal is now dead and gone, and thus concludes the testing of the Cardboard Flower Box. It did well in its life, but I am now on to bigger, stronger, more sturdy material... and better lighting, I hope.

Plant yield: NONE

Outcome: Total necrosis

Back
Top Bottom