The Deep Water Culture Home

:bravo: Very nicely done Major Tom :adore:

looking good major tom love your grow space my girlfriend will only let me have a small closet i want a small forest :roorrip: peace

I think we all would love a forrest lol. At least you growin some thats got to be better than none rite, Im just givin you a hard time bro no offense. Honestly to me its kind of more about the growin and learnin and the hobby about have a grow goin that im addicted to. To me its no different than your grandparents who love to grow chilli peppers or tomatos.

You guys should probably ignore me i am one toke from bein choked rite now.

omg I think that is a sin. I am not sure I can leave the house with two different socks and I wear tube style socks but they have to be exactly the same.

Alien8

It's all about the sex. No self respecting woman would ever go out with unmatched socks. I know my wife would never, never not in a million years have anything out of place, socks or otherwise. Me, the only way I'd know I have a mismatched pair of socks on would be my wife pointing it out. Maybe my grandaughter. Point being....it means a hell of a lot more to you girls than is does to us guys. Just nature.

What are the cups for and the rags?
The pump has been out.
The airpump is not near the tank but is cool to the touch anyhow. I checked as MC had the issue if it was blowing hot air and it isn't.
I checked the temp on the tank today and it was 80 same as room temp. It got cool out today.
I have an oscilatin fan but not sure it is in the right spot. I will have to check your journel to see the placement again.
Should I place the water in the fridge? It is cool but not sure how cool I leave it in the garage but that will get hot real soon as well.

Now the 12/12 can I switch it from day to night and if so how? I was thinking of doing that but I am not sure what to do. I need to leave the door open if the lights are on to keep the room cooler but it will shine in my face while I try to sleep. I don't sleep much but a few hours would be nice. I am very willing to give up sleep for my meds so if i can switch the timing just tell me how. Can I do less the 12 hours on to make less heat? Just a thought.

Something else to consider alien. It may be less work for you. I don't know. But during my first grow when I had all kinds of heat related issues, I would come home from work and the res temp would be at least 80, sometime up to 86. Not good. So, every day, I would drain 2 gallons of water out of the res, 1 gallon each in a 5 gal bucket. I had previously froze water bottles, like Poland Springs or Dasani. That kind of bottle. I would get the frozen bottles and put 2 into each bucket and leave them alone for 35-40 min. Then, I would remove the bottles and return the water back to the res. It's easier on the roots doing it this way. And it normally dropped my res temp to 68 or so. And then it started it's inevitable, slow, methodical rise in temp once again so by the time I got home the next day, had to do the whole procedure over. That's the main reason that I have decided to grow 3 times a year, and completely avoid growing in the warm summer months. It can just cause too much problems. Any problems caused by heat related issues that can't be easily corrected will spell trouble for your grow.

Peace

Sam

So im probably sittin fine with my humidity levels fluctuating from 26-33 and room temp from 66-75 pendin on weather snowed last night so been a lil cold in the mornings but thats ok in flower rite? Res temp doesnt and hasnt been over 71 but normally at about 67 or maybe a lil cooler

Those are great temps gardenguy

Peace

Sam

Garden- i totally agree!! i think i need to smoke some to help allieviate my anxiety caused by waiting lol.

im on the east coast and get brick 95% of the time :( and yes of Course i still smoke it too lol- of course i also dont have the connections like i did when i was younger

Im so sorry you got a boy- i did all fem seeds and got 100% female. I know there is debate over it but Im happy with spending the little extra especially since i got all ladies

I put them in 24 hours of darkness today so that will help me wait too as now i cant go in the room lol- grower tough love!

Kissme

Welcome.

Once you have harvested and cured your grow and partaken in it, the word "brick" will become but a distant memory.

Peace

Sam

MC glad you said that. I always wondered why people were saying basically blackout. It is never that dark outside. I think because my plants are in the cabinet whatever little light might leak into room doesn't go past maybe an inch inside the room. I have gone in at night to check before the plants were in. I can see the light if I look carefully when they come on through the crack of the door on the side not the bottom but those lights are way brighter then any light that can seep into the room. My opinion was it is dark but I don't really know.

I am just having issue now about having that closet closed up in the day when all my stuff is in there. I don't have an empty closet I still use it. I would have to plan everyday what I need from it before the lights go out. All my clothes meds and other stuff is in there. I am trying to figure all this out. I wish I didn't have to grow so late in the season but since last grow was my first didn't have enough yield to last through October when I will do the next one. If I get enough from this one then maybe even Nov.

You don't need total darkness, but you should use the rule of thumb to get it as dark as you possibly can.

Peace

Sam

i think if its cool outside you should be ok leave your door shut but i live in the mountains so when its cool outside its fricken cool lol and when its warm outside its nice but because my place is colorado coated for the winter snows it can get pretty hot in here when sunny out

Well I am home and I think I should have opened the door before I left even though lights were still out. I opened the door and got hit with heat. I have two fans running to move the air. It was really hot only 80 but the air was dead so it felt hot. I had a fan running but with the room sealed off I suppose that doesn't help much. Now I know why people who use the more expensive lights vent.

In the mean while I am in bed in pain and most likely can't do anything today except refill the water. I fell so helpless most of the time. I guess I should just be happy with a grow that yields anything considering I can't do all that I am suppose to do with the plants. It is very frustrating.

What you guys/gals think of my one shot of a fem more pix in my journal

SDC11798.JPG

SDC11800.JPG

Looks real good gardenguy

How far along are the plants and what do you use for nutes/lighting?

Peace

Sam

Back
Top Bottom