The Ebb's & Flow of Time and growing (The Doctor Grow)

5.3 is not good. 5.5-6.2 is the general range.If you hit 5.5-5.8 leave it...its fine...it will rise up daily to 6.2 eventually. when it does make a minor adjustment to the resovoir...
make sure you change the water in the res weekly.

I ph'ed at 5.3 cycled through a feeding it's then it settled on 5.8 when the water in the buckets mixed in.

3 Clones down! all six are in real bad shape so I dicided to remove 3 of the worst ones! and bring in 3 new clones! these clones seem to be in much better shape than the others when I got them! so I transfered the other 3 to the outside grow area! see if they can continue out there.

The 3 new clones are indica blue berry kush real healthy but not a lot of root yet but more than the others, I suspect that 6 feedings or more a day isn't working here! I think their being over fed in this case, and am falling back to only 3 maybe 4 feedings per day for now, the other 3 clones are stunted an don't look to much better, and I may transplant those to the outdoor grow area and replace with 3 new clones or the 2 auto flower roadrunner/lowryders that have just sprouted and the LA Women DNA that has finally poped it's seed shell and is on her way up to a big girl these where all fem'd seeds so we''ll see.

I hope to get the hang of this system because it is proving to be a bit more harder than everyone wants to let on, never had an once of this type of difficulty in my bubble buckets and frankly the clones would be 18" by now and in 12/12, but 6 buckets and keeping the water in cool in each one an 6 buckets to have to change out every 10 days I don't care for, so I have to get the hang of this system, I thought about changing out the buckets to an ebb tray instead , but worrying about that right now..

Look I am not one to give up here and will continue! and hopefully find my balance here soon! I mean I don't know it could be the clones and not me or a combo of both! but some how that just doesn't set right they show hev've been in 12/12 by now so I F'd up somewhere here.

No matter what! I do have the groweroom and systems are always changable.

its not the system....hopefully you will have better luck with the new plants

I know it's me and not the system and changing to a different nutrient, as soon as I can afford it I am switching back to GH flora nova! something I know is 100% effective, as I look at the botancare I noticed that it is weaker in nutrient strength than any of the GH nutrient product and is weaker in each of the needed minerals than GH also.

I also think the hydroton in the bottom of each secondary bucket may have something to do with my problems maybe it's not so compatible with STG! being stg is ph neutral and hydroton is not!

So I plan on removing that and replacing the hydroton with PVC 2" or 3" spacers to left the 2nd buckets a bit for more air space, and the Ebb tray sounds even better as I would be able to add in plants anytime as long as there is space for more! I alway can add that in if I up the lights to 600wtt bulbs an ballists total of 1200wtt, but first things first I need to be sucessfull at growing in this system first.

its not the hydroton or the STG. I dont think its the nutes but if you are comfy with Floranova then get it. are you using the sample pack from Botannicare or did you get a larger quantity?

its not the hydroton or the STG. I dont think its the nutes but if you are comfy with Floranova then get it. are you using the sample pack from Botannicare or did you get a larger quantity?

The sample pack, so there was no money out there! I did buy some Cal Mag by botanicare, but I do plan to resupply with GH.

I transplanted the 3 clones outside so we'll see how they far out there they haven't gone south so far! they may be good out there.

if you want my opinion and since you didnt buy nutes yet....Go with GH 3 part...its simple and as effective as a sledgehammer....I NEVER EVER heard a problem using it and I use it myself. Go look at McBudz journal...hes a 3 part man.
its cheap,and it works. since your starting over anyway just go for it. no additives no supplemants and enhancers just run the program.

if you want my opinion and since you didnt buy nutes yet....Go with GH 3 part...its simple and as effective as a sledgehammer....I NEVER EVER heard a problem using it and I use it myself. Go look at McBudz journal...hes a 3 part man.
its cheap,and it works. since your starting over anyway just go for it. no additives no supplemants and enhancers just run the program.

Yep! just resupplied with the Flora Nova Grow, Flara Blend Floralish Plus I used this through out all my other grows and never had a problem so I will stick with what I know works great! teaches me not to let others convince me of using something else.

I also now know what was going wrong here in another aspect of the system, I had hydroton in each bucket about 2"! but here is where I went wrong I made 6 PVC spacers to replace the hydroton at the bottom of each of the buckets, well I put the spacers in under the 2nd buckets to see if they were good and forgot about them leavingh them in also! so the water wasn't getting to the plants like it should.

I took out all hydroton and spacers and only left the STG in there should be progress from this point on! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I forgot completely about the spacers, with out them I set it to flood and the water level came to where it should be! I'll wait till the roots got down there before adding the spacers.

Thanks Pitviper, I think the problem besides the nutes was the spacing I had going on in the buckets, the stg drop's down a bit now during an after the floods, and I can now see the plants are really being fed!

Back
Top Bottom