The Ebb's & Flow of Time and growing (The Doctor Grow)

Just make sure you have a "check-list" of some sort when you do res changes, until you have everything down. Check that the weep/drip hole is clean and functional, make sure your pumps are back installed and plugged in. Make sure you don't have any kinks or obstructions that would block the filling of your buckets.

Last thing you want to do is come home to 40 gallons or so of water on your floor! Makes for a shotty day! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think Pit will confirm that 72f is fine for your water temp. I know he mentioned he's been close to 80 previously. And my whole last grow was at 74.5, with no root issues.

What kind of flooding cycle are you doing now Doc?

Looking good Doc!

Sf

Right now systems on 2 floods per day, I was going to do more! but I had watched a video That someone sent me!!! on youtube that recommended only 2 to start for a few days then 3 when they look like there's no stress and up from there, had some other little tip there to.

Right now I'm trying to gather all the little nuances of what I need to know for a good result.

Ive been at 78-80 for 2 years..never had root problems
BUT..I would add a chiller myself...just havent done it

The summer will bring temps up in the room that the grow room is built in "garage"! but I can wait on that maybe catch them on sale at a lower price or buy and old madel one when new models come out, I've done a few searchs on them all the good one's are right in the same price range give or take a discount here and there, but once you pay for taxes & shipping still pans out close enough just to buy one locally.

For me it depends on when and if work is coming in for me and my business right now it's been good and it's one of those get it while the getting is good, but things may be getting better or it's just the summer rush of work, time will only tell, I'll wait a bit and decide later on the chiller issue see where things end up at! that is if I'm not already at the hydro shop and I can get them to swing a nice discount off one, then that's the time to decide.

Right now systems on 2 floods per day, I was going to do more! but I had watched a video That someone sent me!!! on youtube that recommended only 2 to start for a few days then 3 when they look like there's no stress and up from there, had some other little tip there to.

Right now I'm trying to gather all the little nuances of what I need to know for a good result.

The summer will bring temps up in the room that the grow room is built in "garage"! but I can wait on that maybe catch them on sale at a lower price or buy and old madel one when new models come out, I've done a few searchs on them all the good one's are right in the same price range give or take a discount here and there, but once you pay for taxes & shipping still pans out close enough just to buy one locally.

For me it depends on when and if work is coming in for me and my business right now it's been good and it's one of those get it while the getting is good, but things may be getting better or it's just the summer rush of work, time will only tell, I'll wait a bit and decide later on the chiller issue see where things end up at! that is if I'm not already at the hydro shop and I can get them to swing a nice discount off one, then that's the time to decide.

chuck the video.....
everyone here floods 6-8 times a day.....

Pitviper if your around or if someone can help out! I think I may have a problem beginning here, the res water is beginning to develope a weird smell, I had one air stone in there! and just dropped 2 more in tank 25 gallons!, I did leave a towle over the hole on top of res tank maybe that was the reason? if so or if there is anything I should do more of or add in let me know.

Thanks Broham's

Pitviper if your around or if someone can help out! I think I may have a problem beginning here, the res water is beginning to develope a weird smell, I had one air stone in there! and just dropped 2 more in tank 25 gallons!, I did leave a towle over the hole on top of res tank maybe that was the reason? if so or if there is anything I should do more of or add in let me know.

Thanks Broham's

Hey Doc.

I wouldn't get too concerned yet. What type of nutes are you using? I know when I ran Gen Hydro and added Floralicious Plus product, my res also smelled pretty nasty as well.

As far as using air-stones, are they providing enough aeration for you? I know several of us have a couple of (free standing) pumps in the Res constantly mixing up the water just running through the pump. I'm using two 430 gallon, which provides a pretty good whirlpool in the reservoir.

Sf

Hey Doc.

I wouldn't get too concerned yet. What type of nutes are you using? I know when I ran Gen Hydro and added Floralicious Plus product, my res also smelled pretty nasty as well.

As far as using air-stones, are they providing enough aeration for you? I know several of us have a couple of (free standing) pumps in the Res constantly mixing up the water just running through the pump. I'm using two 430 gallon, which provides a pretty good whirlpool in the reservoir.

Sf

Shaking the Bugs out blaa!

Yeah I was going to drop a pump in with the 3 air stones! 2 are on a single dual air port air pump, and 1 single air pump 1 port, I had to make some adjustments to some other minor things to in the room, this whwere the bugs get worked out, the tanks was at 80 when I got back from my 2 services calls this afternoon, but I''ll drop a pump in their today too! and post what ever results I end up with, I will always post the truth of what's going on.so anyone can learn rom my mistakes.

:ganjamon: Thanks for help there SF. Smoke on my Brother.

Okay pump is in! but I think I may just need to change out the water and clean the tank and put fresh water an nutes, I am not sure if it is what's happening in the res or just stress from the transfer to a new environment! but a few are looking a little iffy now!

If I don't have any service calls tomorrow morning or if there's time maybe later this night! I'll change the tanks water out! probably a good idea! unless there is something I should know about emptying to change out the water.

Hey Doc.

Let's see what Pit says. But here's my thoughts, for what its worth.

1. 80F is a tad high for your res water, as you mentioned.
2. Every person I've seen run clones, it takes three-four days for them to "break-in"
3. Did you increase your flood frequency as mentioned
4. Visually make sure your buckets are flooding to the point where the roots are getting water. You can't adjust the level on the CAP system, but too much medium in the buckets and the roots sit to high, they don't get water
5. Where are you on Nute PPM for your clones

That's bout it bro. Like you mentioned, just some tweaking to be done.

Grow on.
Sf.

Your resovoir should smell like a clean fish tank.........seriously
Ive had alot of fish experience and a mature tank has a healthy bacteria bed.
Its the same in the hydro. yes certain nutes smell differently but the underlying smell is a healthy tank.

Its the same in the hydro. yes certain nutes smell differently but the underlying smell is a healthy tank.

Pit.

That's an excellent reference hint!!! +reps bro!

Sf.

The water is at 5.8 ph right now! the clones had to be pulled up because the medium was getting soaked thats not good, but the roots are getting fed yes.

I'm using

Flora nova grow 2.1 oz for 25 gallons
Flora blend 8 oz I ran out it was meant 12.7 oz
Floraish plus. 1 oz 30 mls

That's by the GH calculater chart with out the floralish plus I added that in 30mls in 25 gallons is pretty thin then again maybe not!

Temp in tank did dropped to 74 by frozen water bottles but is on the raise again, the a/c isn't helping any in that area of the garage so I am thinking of designing a venting cap that will attach to the back of the A/C wall unit just the exhaust part and use 4" duct and the 4" inline to pull the heat out to the front part of the garage

I think the temp is fine..but if you need a chiller I would make the investment

I believe I will Viper, I did change the water out the water and washed the inside of the drum, I think what I may have done was not prewash the inside of the tank before I set it up or at least I don't remember doing that! and the water sat for a few days also before I added nutes so a rookie mistake, and the big one is I now! remember the smell being there before I added the nutes and was going to change it (dumn ass)! guess I got carried away with all the other crap, paying closer attention now! an am back on track now.

Glad to here you finally got some clones Doc!! I just watched your growroom video for the first time, very nice! I will be watching and learning, as I have always been interested in E&F.

Glad to here you finally got some clones Doc!! I just watched your growroom video for the first time, very nice! I will be watching and learning, as I have always been interested in E&F.

Then we both will be learning together Bro! I am already having a few minor problems PH I think will need to be adjusted almost daily as I am assumming here! because it has been already, then again if you don't mistake the ph up for down like I did de da de!

The lighting fan makes a bit of nosie in the masterbed room, so I was up till 2am in the morning moving the fan to the other end further away outside the room but their is still some nosie, so I have to figure something out here, I put that fan on a seperate timer from the lights so it can shut down for an hour at 10 then come back on at 11 and stay on! an added ducting to muffle the noise! didn't think the fan's would be as noisy but that's what you get if you don't spend $250 an up on inline fan's.

Okay I agree with that! my bp tank an bubble buckets all had a little bit of a smell! guess this is just on a larger scale then! but then how do you know when it's a unhealthy smell?

:surf:

Okay I agree with that! my bp tank an bubble buckets all had a little bit of a smell! guess this is just on a larger scale then! but then how do you know when it's a unhealthy smell?

:surf:

ammonia smell...stink or funk...you wil know it.

The clones had been looking stressed an 2 look like they may or may not make it, I think the mad flux of the ph had something with this, the ppm's were high up in the 900's I added more water rather to bring the ppm's down the ph set's at 6.1 and ppm's are at 833 ppm's in the Res I'm not sure if this is good! or Bad! bad maybe I know there are big differances between EB abd BP or DWC those I know but EB is an unknown for me!

Questions on EB ph'ing up an down, do you add in down start in the res to down it when it climbs up the ph scale or do you have to remove water and add back in, and answer to this will be helpfull, with the buckets it presents a small balnce problem as new mixes with the old so the question is do I up or down the Res water when it goes up as it set's! we know it doesn't down normally go down,

Then there is feeding in between res changes that needs to be answered, what about adding nutes to replace what the plants eat how's that work here, I know changing the Res every 10 to 14 days but in bewtween then the nutes will be eaten and the PH will go up, an in BP/DWC you add in water with the nutes in 1/4 or what ever to the res as the res water an nutes are used an evaporates so that will be helpfull to have a handle on this so that will be helpfull info here!

If there is a page, a website a somewhere I can get more info from, to start I had to use the Botancare CNS17 as it was all I had on hand weird stuff it doesn't seem to mix in well at first but what do I know on this! can I switch back to flora nova I prefer that! so I guess I am asking if there will be any danger to the plants to change the nutrient brands up.

So your help will be gladly accepted here, I'm sure I will figure these things out sooner or later but in the mean time any info to phing and nutes and the care of will help out here.

Thanks ahead of time from Doctor Who :surf: rookie EB grower

The clones had been looking stressed an 2 look like they may or may not make it, I think the mad flux of the ph had something with this, the ppm's were high up in the 900's I added more water rather to bring the ppm's down the ph set's at 6.1 and ppm's are at 833 ppm's in the Res I'm not sure if this is good! or Bad! bad maybe I know there are big differances between EB abd BP or DWC those I know but EB is an unknown for me!

Questions on EB ph'ing up an down, do you add in down start in the res to down it when it climbs up the ph scale or do you have to remove water and add back in, and answer to this will be helpfull, with the buckets it presents a small balnce problem as new mixes with the old so the question is do I up or down the Res water when it goes up as it set's! we know it doesn't down normally go down,

Then there is feeding in between res changes that needs to be answered, what about adding nutes to replace what the plants eat how's that work here, I know changing the Res every 10 to 14 days but in bewtween then the nutes will be eaten and the PH will go up, an in BP/DWC you add in water with the nutes in 1/4 or what ever to the res as the res water an nutes are used an evaporates so that will be helpfull to have a handle on this so that will be helpfull info here!

If there is a page, a website a somewhere I can get more info from, to start I had to use the Botancare CNS17 as it was all I had on hand weird stuff it doesn't seem to mix in well at first but what do I know on this! can I switch back to flora nova I prefer that! so I guess I am asking if there will be any danger to the plants to change the nutrient brands up.

So your help will be gladly accepted here, I'm sure I will figure these things out sooner or later but in the mean time any info to phing and nutes and the care of will help out here.

Thanks ahead of time from Doctor Who :surf: rookie EB grower

cut the PPM to 600
when you fill up like you just did....you add nutes 1st....manually flush it 2 times...check your PH. adjust the resovoir to 5.6
after you get comforatble you will be able to just drop your nutes, up/down and walk away...you will know the PPM and PH w/o a meter..

cut the PPM to 600
when you fill up like you just did....you add nutes 1st....manually flush it 2 times...check your PH. adjust the resovoir to 5.6
after you get comforatble you will be able to just drop your nutes, up/down and walk away...you will know the PPM and PH w/o a meter..

Cool! what do you mean manually flush? please explain a bit more if you have time too! what your saying is to add in the nutes to the res based on gallons already in the res then add more water?

What it sounds like your saying is I need to go more by the ppm's of the res in combo with the amount of the nutrients mixed in? should I get it down to 5.8 and add more water to lower the ppm's then! which brings me to another question? adding down or up if needed because of ph embalance or say going to low with down then adding up solution! you know the down or up solution added in does that hurt things any or won't?

So every day the PH needs to be adjusted in the EF Res?

I had my ppm's way to high so I ended up dumping the tank again and replaced with plan water (ppm's 213) no nutes an ph 5.8 for a day to 2 the ppm's were up in the 800's and the clones were showing it they seem to be doing better now! little burned around the edges of the leaves on on or 2, I guess I should have gone with a few more clones to cover for the drop outs.

Back
Top Bottom