The Ebb's & Flow of Time and growing (The Doctor Grow)

Cool! what do you mean manually flush? please explain a bit more if you have time too! what your saying is to add in the nutes to the res based on gallons already in the res then add more water?

What it sounds like your saying is I need to go more by the ppm's of the res in combo with the amount of the nutrients mixed in? should I get it down to 5.8 and add more water to lower the ppm's then! which brings me to another question? adding down or up if needed because of ph embalance or say going to low with down then adding up solution! you know the down or up solution added in does that hurt things any or won't?
to manually fush is to just turn the controller on. flood the system...then turn to drain...after its done.....do it again.
Yes just add some water to dilute the resovoir. adjust the resovoir PH if needed. only adjust the PH until everything is mixed.
you will always have residual water in the pots and lines....that cant be helped...I call it the fudge factor.
dont get to crazy...the system is quite flexible

to manually fush is to just turn the controller on. flood the system...then turn to drain...after its done.....do it again.
Yes just add some water to dilute the resovoir. adjust the resovoir PH if needed. only adjust the PH until everything is mixed.
you will always have residual water in the pots and lines....that cant be helped...I call it the fudge factor.
dont get to crazy...the system is quite flexible

Sounds good, what had I figured to do to compensate for the pot's is fill the res with what ever amount water using ph that down in the low 5's ph wise, do a flood to even it out a bit test the ph of the water down if needed do a flood again to mix it again take a reading for ph, does that right!

I also am going to move the tank in the room since the room is in the 70's constantly and the outer room is hitting the 80's and 90's because of the A/C heating up the room while it's running, I'll try this before I spending $400 on a chiller see where that ends up.

trust me...once you spend 2 weeks with the system you will understand how it works. It wont take long at all to drop your stuff and run. I dont even need to check my PPM or PH because its so predictable. only after some time is spent running the system will you have that comfort level. what you should be looking for are huge erratic swings in the ppm and PH. thats how you know theres an issue.

trust me...once you spend 2 weeks with the system you will understand how it works. It wont take long at all to drop your stuff and run. I dont even need to check my PPM or PH because its so predictable. only after some time is spent running the system will you have that comfort level. what you should be looking for are huge erratic swings in the ppm and PH. thats how you know theres an issue.

I hear you, a learning curve, the heat can play a big part in ph swing also can it not!

I hear you, a learning curve, the heat can play a big part in ph swing also can it not!

only if your temps much over 82..and not unless if erratic ppm,PH and then poss root rot
what your res temp now and where will you expect it to climb to...thats all I need to know

only if your temps much over 82..and not unless if erratic ppm,PH and then poss root rot
what your res temp now and where will you expect it to climb to...thats all I need to know

The tank had hit 82.9 and who know where from there up through! a simple solution! I took one of my 27 gallon totes and set it up! and put it in the grow room as a second res where the temperatures are low and constant, pumped the water from the 55 gallon to the tote, the lights shouldn't be to much if any of a factor, the're cooled while on!

100_17793.JPG

so hopefully this will keep the res cool, the lights come on at 9pm so I'll see what if any changes occur in the tank while there on, I'll check tonight then tomorrow and most likely in between, a couple of clones I think where affected by the res temps being so high, so I kocked the feeding down to 4 a day till the res temps are stable, ph is good at 5.8 and ppm's are at 560, my tap water is around 213 ppm's so I believe this all good news to balance out like this and the res was at 74* at last look and going down.

The Bubbles are even better too!

100_1785.JPG

What do you think?

Temperatures seem to have been abated the Res is at 65* with a little help from me and I'm watching to see if the res will hold there for me with the room at 74*! PH 6.0 and ppm's at 530.

Okay here are some pictures I think the pic's tell the store plainly they telling me they need something, the mad swings in temp! PH! and over nutes plus the stress of a new environment so their not pretty pictures! not to say they weren't the best of the litter either I guess, you can see what I mean by the pic's.

100_1830.JPG

100_18291.JPG

100_18371.JPG

100_18362.JPG

But my being new to EF and the res tank isn't any help to these girls! but they are growing the top of each is showing growth.

On the bright side I found 18 or 20 sprouts growing in the lawn where I threw out some seeds purposely, so I transplanted 12 so far!

100_17922.JPG

100_17952.JPG

Whats up Doctor? Saw your grow and wanted to drop by and strap in, the clones look ok and should be growing faster in hydro. Great job adjusting the water level in the buckets to keep medium from soaking. I think you may also want to try using less nutes like 300-400ppm and add a shot of bloom they will take off like rapid rooters and gain vitality. I know when using H&G I only use half of recommended feedings in a 75gal res to keep ppm in control.
+Rep :goodjob:

it will take some time to get roots down...good job on the res modification

PitViper" Let me ask? if I wanted to up the nutrients in the tank but before the next res change, do or can I add nutrient to the existing water and nutes and use the ppm's to gage as I add that in a little at a time? or do I need to change all the res water and remix, I was thinking the girls may need a bit more nutes, right now their at a little less than 1/4 nutes now, with the ppm's at 564 ph holding at 6.0 for now! theiir each showing new top growth and may need a little more to feed on now.

Whats up Doctor? Saw your grow and wanted to drop by and strap in, the clones look ok and should be growing faster in hydro. Great job adjusting the water level in the buckets to keep medium from soaking. I think you may also want to try using less nutes like 300-400ppm and add a shot of bloom they will take off like rapid rooters and gain vitality. I know when using H&G I only use half of recommended feedings in a 75gal res to keep ppm in control.
+Rep :goodjob:

Thanks wingman580 see I was just asking if to go the other way, what's the best way to lower the ppm take a few gallons out! then add back in fresh plain water and ph down, I was thinking they needed a boost! right now I have them on Botanicare CNS17 formula 4.5 oz liquid Karma 4.3 oz 25 gallons.

Nice sprouts Doc!! Now that is the way to germinate, all natural!

Yeah I forgot I did that, I was out back walking around in my back yard with my Cat walking at my side! she likes to walk with me around the yard and do her cat talking at me thing! she led me over to them, she was like see what I found for you doc, of course I told her she was a good girl for finding them, she sat and watched as I transplanted them! her little cat head following my hands with very move they made during the process.

I got a little crop happening though! see how many turn out famale later

Yeah I forgot I did that, I was out back walking around in my back yard with my Cat walking at my side! she likes to walk with me around the yard and do her cat talking at me thing! she led me over to them, she was like see what I found for you doc, of course I told her she was a good girl for finding them, she sat and watched as I transplanted them! her little cat head following my hands with very move they made during the process.

I got a little crop happening though! see how many turn out famale later

Nice! She probably wants to get high! My cat used to love to get high, she would come almost begging for it!

PitViper" Let me ask? if I wanted to up the nutrients in the tank but before the next res change, do or can I add nutrient to the existing water and nutes and use the ppm's to gage as I add that in a little at a time? or do I need to change all the res water and remix, I was thinking the girls may need a bit more nutes, right now their at a little less than 1/4 nutes now, with the ppm's at 564 ph holding at 6.0 for now! theiir each showing new top growth and may need a little more to feed on now.

dont over complicate it. make a minor adjustment in the resovoir..thats all.
recheck after 2 cycles. give the plants a few more days at the current ppm. like a week

Nice! She probably wants to get high! My cat used to love to get high, she would come almost begging for it!

My dodberman Zues us to love it when I smoked, he came and set in front of me and wait for me to give him his hit, the cat! my dolly no she just loves me an she is as loyal as any dog ever could be! but also very demanding for attention and affection! of cause only when she wants through.

dont over complicate it. make a minor adjustment in the resovoir..thats all.
recheck after 2 cycles. give the plants a few more days at the current ppm. like a week

I wasn't mixing the botanicare right I now have it figured out went of the wrong mix card! I left out the pure bloom! so I made sure to add that in and went by the ppm's rather than amount of nutes! I have it holding at 454 ppm's and 5.3 ph for now! so I think this is my deduction an answer? they may have been being burned by the nutes ph and heated water!!! and starving at the sametime, so now we'll see! but your right *Pitviper" keep it simple is the way of the universe

I see what you mean it's more by the ppm's than the amount of nutrients recomended in this system, so I'll mix it accordingly from now on! I think I now see how this works it just getting in the habit.

I am going to try to add air sticks to the buckets by way of the control bucket via the feeder tubes ran to each bucket! I should be able to run the air tubes down through the control bucket through the feeder tubes into each of the buckets, getting some air in to each bucket will help out.

5.3 is not good. 5.5-6.2 is the general range.If you hit 5.5-5.8 leave it...its fine...it will rise up daily to 6.2 eventually. when it does make a minor adjustment to the resovoir...
make sure you change the water in the res weekly.

Back
Top Bottom