The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

Hey greenie I'm gonna to be transplanting some newbies and I'm mixing fox farm ocean forest and perlite! Now do I add oc+ now too? Sprouts are a week out the gate! P.s greenie this thread is one of a kind my man it rocks! Thanx for you advice !

Not an oc+ kinda guy if i remember it isn't organic, and if i remember you add it when mixing the soil and transplanting like you said. but like i said this isn't something i work with.

And my thread would be useless without people to help, thank you too guys it makes me feel good to help :D

Thanx greenie I am gonna stick with my fox farm sched then ! Thanx again greenie! Talk soon

So greenie I was wondering can I use my 23w cfls from veg to provide more light in my bloombox? I've got a 400hps going now!

So greenie I was wondering can I use my 23w cfls from veg to provide more light in my bloombox? I've got a 400hps going now!

Soft light CFL's or even better T5 are an amazing way to supplement light to your garden, dark spots can be filled easy and you can even use opposite spectrum bulbs to elaborate your flower spectrum and end up with a lot more unique turpins and cannabanoid profiles. for instance say you have a 600 watt HPS by using some Blue spectrum bulbs you can increase your plants productivity often times.

The way it has been described to me is:

Indoors HPS(red) is for yeild and MH(blue) is for quality.

By mixing the two spectrum you can benefit from the best of both worlds.

another benefit is if you have powder mildew problems direct light can help to slow down the reproduction of spores <--- which is always good even if you dont have PM because direct light helps to prevent it too :D

Thanks for coming by man, i normally spend my Fridays shooting shop with one of my med patients but he had a doctors appointment today. :(

Once again green mucho thanx! Will look into t5 for side lighting!

i LOVE my T5's best thing ever to start little ones under too

hello mr green.i have some questions.im a new grower i have two 2" plants iwant to know if i can use a 120w sylvania spot gro light and how far should i keep it from the plants.most ost i have read says 2-3" but the manufracture suggest 1-3ft from plant.thanx for your input

'

hello mr green.i have some questions.im a new grower i have two 2" plants iwant to know if i can use a 120w sylvania spot gro light and how far should i keep it from the plants.most ost i have read says 2-3" but the manufracture suggest 1-3ft from plant.thanx for your input

Hey buddy, sorry to say but that light wont do TOO much good for you, its just marketing that calls it a grow light, an incandecent bulb just is not what should be used for our indoor grow applications, you honestly would be better off going and getting some cheap compact floros from wally world the blue spectrum ones for veg.

untill then just make sure it is high enough to not burn your plants or make the leaves hotter than about 80 degrees if you have a thermo. you just dont want your radiant heat to cook your plant use your own better judgement in this situation :D

Hey Green, so I flushed one of the plants this morning with some 6.5 pH water and the runoff was realllllly low like probably somewhere between 4 and 5. I haven't even done the other plants yet just cause I saw that was so low and I dunno if it will really help the other ones. I'm guessing with this low pH the plants aren't even able to absorb most nutrients so what should I do now? I read that adding dolomite lime with water could increase the soil pH, is that a good idea? Thanks again

scratching dolomite lime into the top two inches will help, also if they are not flowering you might wanna pull away some of the bad dirt because im gonna guess roots havn't grown through it and replace it with good soil.

Hey green I need some serious help with my gnats problem! I've tried many things! I've got 4 girls ready to harvest in 3 weeks and have been vacuuming and spraying and everything my gnats! I've tried all the safer stuff, red pepper stuff and my bloom box is like a hospital so is very clean! I'm growing obviously in soil 5gal and don't want to switch to hydro! Pleeeeze I need some more suggestions on this issue! thanx again greenie

Hey Green what's up bro thanks for the helpful info. I was wondering if you have a better method or and advice for clones. When I take cuttings I soak the rockwool cubes in 5.5 ph water for about 24 hrs before cutting. I use the clonex gel rooting hormone cut on an angle and shave some strips off the side for more exposed rooting area to contact the hormone then insert into the rockwool cube. Then I put under a dome at about 75F 65-70 RH. I spray 5.5 ph water on the leaves a couple times a day until I see roots out the bottom of the cube then plant in soil. From the time I take the cutting until I see roots it seems the plant goes thru alot of stress. The cuttings severely droop and wilt within an hour and really don't seem to start perking back up for a week or so. Like I said I try to moisten the leaves about twice a day with a foliar spray seeing as how it doesn't have roots the leaves are the only way they can take anything in. The one cuting I have had success with is growing like crazy now but I have nursed it for about 7 weeks to get it to this point. Anything you think I should differently to speed up the process and help the health of the clone or is this just kinda how it goes until the new root mass is developed and you start to see new veg growth?

Hey green I need some serious help with my gnats problem! I've tried many things! I've got 4 girls ready to harvest in 3 weeks and have been vacuuming and spraying and everything my gnats! I've tried all the safer stuff, red pepper stuff and my bloom box is like a hospital so is very clean! I'm growing obviously in soil 5gal and don't want to switch to hydro! Pleeeeze I need some more suggestions on this issue! thanx again greenie

Hey bud this is actually a REALLY easy fix, first off go get panty hose from the store. take the panty hose and cover up the bottom holes with it like a sock. second go find DE (Diatimatious Earth) make sure it is plant or food grade, the pool stuff is toxic. Sprinkle the DE on the top of your pots and it will kill the larvae and gnats by slicing them up :D

hope this helps :D

Hey Green what's up bro thanks for the helpful info. I was wondering if you have a better method or and advice for clones. When I take cuttings I soak the rockwool cubes in 5.5 ph water for about 24 hrs before cutting. I use the clonex gel rooting hormone cut on an angle and shave some strips off the side for more exposed rooting area to contact the hormone then insert into the rockwool cube. Then I put under a dome at about 75F 65-70 RH. I spray 5.5 ph water on the leaves a couple times a day until I see roots out the bottom of the cube then plant in soil. From the time I take the cutting until I see roots it seems the plant goes thru alot of stress. The cuttings severely droop and wilt within an hour and really don't seem to start perking back up for a week or so. Like I said I try to moisten the leaves about twice a day with a foliar spray seeing as how it doesn't have roots the leaves are the only way they can take anything in. The one cuting I have had success with is growing like crazy now but I have nursed it for about 7 weeks to get it to this point. Anything you think I should differently to speed up the process and help the health of the clone or is this just kinda how it goes until the new root mass is developed and you start to see new veg growth?

hey man, thanks for stopping by your pretty damn close as far as proper technique, a couple things that will help. instead of that clonex gel go get the clonex solution, and use 30Ml per gallon of water and ph it to about 5.5, when working with clones ALWAYS remember they like to be warmer than you would think, i use much warmer water with clones than established plants. Also be sure to place your clones on the ground rather than on a shelf, the conduction from the ground will help to maintain your heat in your dome otherwise on a shelf if the room gets cold for some reason they do too. A seedling heating mat will also speed things up but in my experiance you have to watch your clones much more closely with them because they have a tendancy to get dry quickly this way.

Also instead of taking nicks out of the stem just scuff and scratch it with your scissors or razor blade, this helps to expose that good hormone layer without shocking the cutting.

Also no need to soak your cubes this long, they fully saturate in a matter of seconds and you will be using the warm clonex water, so you dont wanna let them sit this long or they will get room temp.

Also just so people know there is nothing wrong with the clonex gel, it just works best with aeroponic cloning :D

also 24 hours of lite works best for me with clones and reveg's

Hope this all helps sorry for all the Also's i keep forgeting things lol :D

Thanx again greenie! I will do anything to stop those gnats! Im going crazy! I will try doing what ever it takes! Talk soon

What Strain is it? bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? indica
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 28 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Fox Farms ocean
If Soil... What Size Pot? 4 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 600w hps
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75- 83
RH of Room/Cabinet? 35
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.3
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? 1-2 times a week as needed
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? fox farms full line -kangaroot and microbrew
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3x4x8
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - flower
Bucket Size - 4 Gallon
Lights - (2) 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Fox Farms
I thought this was nute burn about a week ago so I have been just watering with ph'd tap water and watching, but today they looked like this so I think I have a bigger problem. I flushed today and put back under lights awaiting guidance. The darker green leaves are from a different plant.
DSCI0430.JPG

DSCI0429.JPG

DSCI0428.JPG

DSCI0427.JPG

:thanks:

K, I posted this in a separate thread. But, I figured the more the better.

Hello,

PH: 5.8~6.0
Lights, 4 2ft Compact HO T5, (HTG TEK lights)
Strain: Querkle
Medium: Rockwool / Top drip
Total plants: 7

This is a new strain for me and they appear to be having some issues with the way I normally do things.. It looks alot like the light bleaching photos in the pictorial help sticky post.

Any idea what this may be? The new growth appears to be bright neon green, I had a power outage and my lights didn't reset on. I am guessing that they have been without light for about 4-6 hours (usually 24/0).

I did have a slight PH problem (runoff @ 7!) and I flushed out yesterday until the runoff was @ 5.7. This new neon green growth happened today and did not look this way this morning. There are some slight problems with some spotting in the center of the leaves as well

IMG_18246.JPG
IMG_18228.JPG
IMG_18263.JPG
IMG_18254.JPG

Thanks NW and others.

P.S. NW, I really like your razzamatazz heirloom strain.. It reminds me of a kush strain that I had going back in 2004, lost the strain because of power outages (hurricanes).. :(

What Strain is it? bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? indica
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 28 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Fox Farms ocean
If Soil... What Size Pot? 4 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 600w hps
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75- 83
RH of Room/Cabinet? 35
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.3
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? 1-2 times a week as needed
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? fox farms full line -kangaroot and microbrew
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3x4x8
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - flower
Bucket Size - 4 Gallon
Lights - (2) 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Fox Farms
I thought this was nute burn about a week ago so I have been just watering with ph'd tap water and watching, but today they looked like this so I think I have a bigger problem. I flushed today and put back under lights awaiting guidance. The darker green leaves are from a different plant.
DSCI0430.JPG

DSCI0429.JPG

DSCI0428.JPG

DSCI0427.JPG

:thanks:

you may have me stumped but lets not throw in the towel yet, how tall is this plant, is it root bound, and is it the same strain as the one next to it, and if so are they two differn't seeds or from the same mother??

K, I posted this in a separate thread. But, I figured the more the better.

Thanks NW and others.

P.S. NW, I really like your razzamatazz heirloom strain.. It reminds me of a kush strain that I had going back in 2004, lost the strain because of power outages (hurricanes).. :(

Thank you buddy she really is a pretty one :D

and In my opinion those are just healthy plants that have had a long enough night period to make them try to flower, plants that get a good needed nuteing or a well needed night cycle will do this i dont think it is anything to worry about atleast from what im seeing maybe the pictures are distorting it.... or maybe its this hash... anyways :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom