The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

I water from the top outdoors, and use cedar mulch
or wood chips...Never had Knats problems...There's a thick layer of clay about 2feet down, and the water table is fairly high in my area
U dig about 3feet down and U hit water...

I read that 13hrs(darkness)/11(light) works better than 12/12...Any thoughts? I read this in high times years ago, Mark Emery also said this....
A greenhouse is the best way to grow in my opinion

In my opinion, flipping flowering plants back to veg is a bad ideal because it confuses them and destabilizes them...It can create hermies and a bunch of hermies seeds, get rid of them and start new mothers from seeds...
I wouldn't grow them too tall indoors because the lights would be too far away
That's why U can grow huge trees with the power of the sun, U can not come close to that with lights...
U should grow no taller than 3feet, cooling the lights with fresh air funnelled thru ballast and outside continuously, covering bulbs with glass also...
Which lets U have the lights as close as possible to the plants without burning them...
The more lumens the better....

I've been out of the grow scene for 12years, I always grew outdoors until cops found them..lol
The only types of plants that I'm familiar with are Sativas, Indicas and Hybrids...
I'm not familiar with Autos, what's the difference and are they just for indoors grow?
I would really appreciate all the info, thanks...

That's the fuzz from cottonwood trees. Thus their name. I can't think of a practical way to keep it off your buds, though. It'll stop soon.
Harvest is coming! :ganjamon:

Edit, upon reflection, it occurs to me that cottonwood fuzz appears in late spring, not late summer. So I don't know what it is.

Hi, I think it's from Poplars
Their seeds fly around like that, spray them with rain water and keep them off by taking them off yourself, also the leaves protect the buds
That's the drawback to defoliate, leaves buds wide open and unprotected....

I have a question. I have never seen this before , seedlings strong and vigorous bending over. Multi strain observation at first i thought it was the genetics the plant was having issues finding gravity maybe . Then more did the same and now other genetics as well . I use solo hempy 75/25=P/V. 1/4 lucas in res and misting daily with rain water till roots reach nutes. 70-80 range and 40-50 rh but 40 is the norm. light are led 6500k 35 watts 2700 lumens each x2 .

The only thing i can guess is they are turning away from the light? I have varied distance and it changes little eventually after a few days the plants stand tall and grow toward the light...

IMG_068240.jpg

Regards

Maybe the light is too close to plant at this early stage, too much heat
It looks deformed, too much heat from lights
maybe it's bleached...

SparkNShred, First.. thanks a bunch for at least acknowledging my post! :) When I look at this plant that was given to me, I see something that looks absolutely nothing like the 3 plants I started from seed. I'm wondering whether this plant is even worth keeping? My other 3 are full of thick growth, color is very nice and they just give an overall impression of healthy plants! This one... well, it's very sparse, tons of distance between the "branches", If I would count every leaf on this plant, I'm betting it wouldn't add up to the leaf count of 1 or 2 branches on any of my other plants?? I guess I'm trying to figure out what's different about this plant?? I know there's no way to determine the strain by looking at a picture, and sex when it's not in flower, just wondering why it looks so different? :peace:

Well, because it's probably a male....
U can tell which plants R males, from all the seeds
that u germinate and grow...The better and nicer seedlings will be females, and the skimpy ones R
most likely males...

Not deformed it will be symmetrical at least the majority have so far . No bleaching is ever seen. covered or uncovered with humidity dome same result just odd this is the extreme but still it will stand up again. it's all seeds dutch passion or bagseed .

IMG_068340.jpg

I don't understand what U mean by landrace conradino23, is that a plant that is bent and trained to grow much more horizontally than vertically?

No man, it's a type of cannabis that is source of all modern hybrids. To find a detailed answer just click the topic in my signature.

I'm 56 and I remember that the pot back then was nowhere near as potent compared to today's.
I smoked some Panama red, Jamaican red, Etc. and they were much better than the commercial(rope) we used to get...
A lot of great genetics came from the Dutch and Amsterdam area, they had the best pot on the planet at the time, in my opinion....
BC Canada produces some great strains also,
what do U think? That's where the great Mark Emery is from...

Very nice plants these Ultra Dog F2s, R they grown organically?
Do U mix a percentage of soilest with the organics? Is mulch good ? What about defoliation outside? Very nice job, those plants...

Yep 99% organically from my own seeds. I grow directly in tge ground, fertilization is really light except calcium/magnesium which I try to get there before in the meantime and afterwards. I mulch yes but start it around June/July when it helps to keep the roots cool and for the water retention. I don't defoliate but I prune in veg and in flowering.

That sounds like a beautiful place Uptheholler,
I hope to hear from U real soon, the sooner the better...
Good luck to U and your family, I wish U all the best...Take care and bye for now...

leaves have brown spots and are drying out. temp fine 75 to 78 humidity fine between 57 65 added hydro guard thinking it might be a root rot problem flushed roots first. would like input to know if I'm headed in the right direction

I need to figure out where I'm going with my grow hobby so I have a question for those of you that have been around the block a time or two.

After you get the first couple years down and you have some stash tucked away, how many plants do you generally grow at a time, and how often?

Our legal limit is 12 plants so naturally that is what I've been growing, but that is way more then what I can use. Now that I have tried a few strains and have an idea where I'm going I think maybe 2-3 plants in 5 gallon pots would be more fun and not quite so much like work.... would also have more time to fuss over them (good or bad.)

Do you ever get to where you only have 1 or 2 plants growing at a time.... just because you enjoy growing them? I don't mean to get into how much you smoke, eat, etc., I'm just curious... how many plants do you usually have going at once for your own use?

Thanks,
Beav

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom