The pain is not the problem symptom: it's the insomnia

Aberration

I have joint pain, especially in my knees due to long term patella-femoral syndrome, tendonitis and arthritis (30 years). I am a medical MJ user in Oregon as a result. But the pain has been there for so long, I can often ignore it. The symptom that is the real problem is the lack of sleep.

I can tune out the pain, but I can't go to sleep like that. Before I started using medically I laid awake until 4 am more often than not. The lack of sleep completely derailed my life. I couldn't function. I had trouble at work, relationship issues at home, and I went through my life like a zombie.

With cannabis, I can control the pain and sleep. With sleep comes my salvation as a patient. I have my life back.

Has anyone here experienced this type of a problem and solved it with ganja?

:peace:

I use it for the same reason, as it turns out. I have RA and tried it for the pain. It helped me sleep. I hadn't realized how difficult sleep had been. The first time I tried MMJ at night, I felt that "wow it feels great to lie down" feeling, which I haven't felt in years. I haven't been a chronic user of mj and it works a lot better than the many meds I've been prescribed. I take nothing but MMJ at night.

It's beautiful how different strains can substitute such an assortment of pharmaceuticals without addictive properties or as many negative side effects. How can a government looking out for our best interest continue to deny this?

THIS sort of thing is why I got my MMJ card and am ready to take the homegrown plunge. I have chronic back/neck pain from a skiing injury 35 years ago. But wait, there's more! I have crappy cartilage in my knees and chronic pain there (had surgery on the left with worked for only 5 years), a bad left shoulder due to injury, a bad right ankle due to injury/bone spurs, and overused, worn out hips. Oh, and let's not forget the recent thumb arthritis.

My quality of sleep has gone all to hell, and I used to be such a good sleeper. Cannabis does help A LOT, so I've gone legitimate. I should have done this 10 years ago, or whenever they made it legal.

GrowinGirl - don't like that you're having pain but like that you find relief from all those musculo/skeletal symptoms. I like how I can go from achy to productive.

I deal with back and hip pain that often disturbs my sleep. I had some Sour D the other night and couldn't sleep, though the pain was lessened considerably. Days before that I smoked a bit of Bubba Kush and drifted off into a nice sleep. The type of strain really does make the difference. I wish I could find that dreamy spiritual high I remember from some light green Humboldt Sensi I smoked in the mid 80's. No anxiety and no racing thoughts. Just calm.

I have joint pain, especially in my knees due to long term patella-femoral syndrome, tendonitis and arthritis (30 years). I am a medical MJ user in Oregon as a result. But the pain has been there for so long, I can often ignore it. The symptom that is the real problem is the lack of sleep.

I can tune out the pain, but I can't go to sleep like that. Before I started using medically I laid awake until 4 am more often than not. The lack of sleep completely derailed my life. I couldn't function. I had trouble at work, relationship issues at home, and I went through my life like a zombie.

With cannabis, I can control the pain and sleep. With sleep comes my salvation as a patient. I have my life back.

Has anyone here experienced this type of a problem and solved it with ganja?

I have chronic pain and chronic insomnia (50+ years). I am finding relief with ganja. The insomnia is the absolute worst....if I can get to sleep, I can relax and the pain eases up. Mind if I ask what strain(s) you use for your relief? I am still picking my way through and it is a very expensive process. Any suggestions will help! I do know that 'Allen Wrench' is very effective on both pain and sleep. I just can't find any! Let me know what helps you! Thanks! Be well!

I deal with back and hip pain that often disturbs my sleep. I had some Sour D the other night and couldn't sleep, though the pain was lessened considerably. Days before that I smoked a bit of Bubba Kush and drifted off into a nice sleep. The type of strain really does make the difference. I wish I could find that dreamy spiritual high I remember from some light green Humboldt Sensi I smoked in the mid 80's. No anxiety and no racing thoughts. Just calm.

i agree with you completely!

The strain most definitely affects it's efficacy for specific problems. I have a strain that was given to me as 'Lavender', but it isn't anything like the 'official' Lavender, so I call it 'lavender indica'. It kills pain and puts me out. I smoke it only when necessary to minimize my tolerance for the effect. Unfortunately, because I don't know what it really is I can't point you at something you can get. Sorry.

Rats! I was reading along and thinking 'someone has something'.....bummer!!! Are you able to grow it? I guess my question is, do you take clones from it or have you lost the plant?

Life is a HIGHway..........

The strain most definitely affects it's efficacy for specific problems. I have a strain that was given to me as 'Lavender', but it isn't anything like the 'official' Lavender, so I call it 'lavender indica'. It kills pain and puts me out. I smoke it only when necessary to minimize my tolerance for the effect. Unfortunately, because I don't know what it really is I can't point you at something you can get. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom