The Perfect Butter Recipe

J189RFC

So over the last couple weeks I've been doing heavy reading on butter prep and in particular canna butter. There are lots of tiny tips and tricks I have found that I would like to share with you. This is the easiest, fastest and best tasting butter you can get. Notice I did not say most powerful / strongest or w/e. IMHO you can only put so many canna chemicals into the fats you are working with before you start adversely effecting the taste.

Here we go :)

You will need

6 cups of butter (3 bricks, 4 sticks/brick)
2 oz of material (3 oz if low grade plant trimmings)
A large pot
cheese cloth
large funnel if you have it
a small pot

Turn oven to 270-300 depending on altitude

Bake cannabis for 10-15 minutes then let rest

Fill the large pot with a small pots worth of water - turn on heat to high

Grind the plant matter- blender works great but so do those little push button "herb" and coffee grinders

Set up cheese cloth, at least 3 layers thick, over the small pot

Once water is at a high boil put in all the cannabis at once and remove after 3-5 seconds pouring slowly into the small pot

Put more water on in the large pot, return your plant mater to it and add your butter. Turn heat to low
NEVER EVER let the butter boil, this step should never exceed a low simmer and must be watched constantly!

This next step takes a few minutes, and by that I mean about 1h. You will want to let it simmer for at least 1/2 h and up to a full hour. You wont get much more after that point.

Strain your medley and put water and butter in fridge to let the butter solidify. Throw plant mater and cheese cloth into compost.

The couple things I will point out here is why I bake and boil the bud but never boil my butter.

I bake the buds to activate the active ingredient
I boil the buds to bleach them and remove chlorophyll
I don't boil my butter because I use butter which has dairy fats and the potential for curdling. If you don't boil your butter you get a smoother butter from it. When you boil it you often get quite a bit of granular non homogenous butter. If you use oil, that is a different story. I will say that Coconut and canola are my fav to work with because they have a higher working temperature than other oils. I haven't tried grape seed oil yet because it's hard to find and expensive.

Pictures eventually

There we go, forgetting one of the most important things.... This is why it helps to write everything in word first and then publish after proof reading....

Soy Lecithin - 6 tablespoons for a complete batch ( 1 tbsp / cup, 1/2 tbsp / stick)
After adding the butter and the plant matter to the water, add the soy lecitin to increase the bio-availability and saturation limits of the butter.

Back
Top Bottom