The Strains of Shrute's Stash

Shrute

Hello all. First off, I would like to say how much inspiration I get from this website, and thanks to all of the members for contributing. This thread was created because for a while now, I've only been able to remember my favorite strains by their names. Now, with this thread, I can post pictures and descriptions of my favorite pick-ups and homegrown buds so they aren't lost in my black hole of a memory.
When I purchase bud, I always like to find out as much as I can about it. Until recently, I wasn't always successful in doing so. Ever since I started growing, I feel as though my circle of connections has shrunk into somewhat of an isolated group from the regular pot trade in the area which is usually .7s of sour d for 20. Pretty much what I am getting at is, it's easy to find out about the ganja you are smoking when you are smoking it with the person who grew it.
Well, I'll get to it. The first strain of the thread. Purple Cheese
IMG_069012.JPG

This strain was 600 for two ounces, regular price in my area. Apparently, it was an auto flowering plant, and this was my first time knowingly buying some. The Purple Cheese is great weed, but the leaves left on the buds actually have a blue hue to them rather than purple. It has a real pungent skunk odor from far away, but when you crack open a nug you get a whiff of what I can best describe as "sweet & spicy hash". The taste is straight skunk -- I love it. The bag appeal could be a lot better if there were less stringy flimsy pistils coating each bud, but the nuggets are dense, chunky, and have some color to them which makes up for the hairiness.
These two specimens show off the chunkiness and darkness of the leaves well.
IMG_069214.JPG
IMG_069114.JPG

I'll post one more picture of a greener specimen and then wrap this thing up.
IMG_069311.JPG

Overall, this is a 7/10. It lacks a quick-hitting, strong high but really comes through on the taste and smell.
I wish you all happy toking! :thumb:

Hello, I am back with another strain! This is some bud with absolutely no ceiling (you can keep toking, and keep getting higher without hitting a peak). The buds seem to have a yellow tint to them, hence the name Acapulco Gold. This was grown from clone, and I believe the mother was grown from a Barney's Farm AG seed. The smell is very musky and earthy, with random hints of old school skunk on some buds. The smell is not pungent, and does not pierce your nose like a lot of strains. Instead, it is a pretty "soft" smell but will still envelope the room with it's aroma. I only got 4 grams of this strain for trading an old piece for it, but I'm pretty sure this was going 300/oz. My favorite unique aspect of these buds are that the trichomes and buds are stuck together very well. It takes a lot of effort to grind this weed, and almost no kief falls off because it stays stuck to the herb. I recommend breaking this strain up by hand because it almost clogs my grinder.
Hopefully these pictures I am about to post will effectively show the yellow tint to the AG

IMG_044512.JPG

IMG_044116.JPG

When toking this bud, there isn't any noticeable taste present. It almost feels like you didn't even take a rip because it is soft in the lungs and throat. The high is more on the uplifting side than couch lock, so this is a probably sativa dominant pheno. It's a great morning smoke, or socializing smoke, because of how hard it is to hit a peak with this bud.
I've got two more pictures to post - One darker nug, and one close up
IMG_044415.JPG

Screen_Shot_2013-01-31_at_1_57_12_PM.png

Overall, this achieves a 6/10 all because of the uplifting high. If it had a pleasant taste, better bag appeal, and a slightly stronger smell this would easily get a 9 or 10.

Thanks for checking my thread out!
Happy toking! :roorrip:

Screen_Shot_2013-03-30_at_2_55_04_PM.png

A nice nug of some outdoor NYC diesel from a friend. I had too vacuum seal this stuff, it reeked so much of sour fuel! It had a complete head high, the type that would keep you up all night with random thoughts racing through your head. I preferred to smoke this with hash to even out the body and head highs. Unfortunately, it did not taste like it smelled. It was dried and cured well, but still tasted planty. No flush maybe...

Amnesia Lemon Strain Review - YouTube

DANK amnesia lemon i had while in the 'Dam. I smoked 1 vape bag of it in Abraxas Coffeeshop and got RIPPED. I ended up walking around for an hour, pigging out on fries with mayo (its what they eat there, served in a cone), and falling asleep in my hotel. Great weed with a hazey lemon smell similar to the classic amnesia haze strong orange juice hazey smell.

Back
Top Bottom