Theoretical lighting

weedification

Alright, let me lay the basics down for what I think I know about lighting...

Vegetative period: The blue spectrum (MH) of light is best for maximum growth.

Flowering period: The red spectrum (HPS) of light is best for denser, bigger buds.

I have heard people talking about growing with only metal halide and consistently saying that they produce much lighter, fluffier buds that weren't as weighty but had much higher levels of resin production.

So, my question is: Could you possibly get the best of both worlds by simply changing bulbs back to a MH for a week at the end of flowering? Change bulbs every week for the extent of the grow? Every day?

This might sound crazy, but I would find it hard to believe that someone hasn't tried this yet. Anyone have any input on this? Any interesting results? And if you guys want me to be the guinea pig, I will. I just don't have anything to compare with.

i'm sure that people have tested this and if it worked better we would all have herd about it years ago...

i don't know what you mean best of both worlds.... you like lighter fluffier buds?

in my own case i had a choice between flowing with one 400hps alone, or using the 400 mh with it. only 6 plants, just thinking more is better when it comes to light.

i'm sure that people have tested this and if it worked better we would all have herd about it years ago...

i don't know what you mean best of both worlds.... you like lighter fluffier buds?

Best of both worlds meaning dense, heavy buds with a higher resin content. My question is, when does the HPS create a denser bud. I'm assuming that it's towards the middle of flowering that the density of the bud is determined. So, theoretically, you should be able to go back to MH and try to push for some more resin creation at the very end. I'm just thinking out loud here peoples...

I think ideally the best thing to do is have mainly hps lighting during flowering but maybe dot some cfl's about to get a little bit of blue spectrum weed can use both spectrums during flowering but its best to have a big empthesis on the red spectrum.

Or these bulbs look really good they have dual arcs in 1 bulb hps and mh. 600w HPS & 400w MH In One Bulb!
Dual Arc, MH, & HPS Plant Grow Light Bulbs, Lamps, & Supplies from ACF Greenhouses

Back
Top Bottom