Thin, wimpy azzed plants?

NCDude

Let me start by saying I am no pro, I've been growing for a little over a year....

Recently I have been having problems with thin, weak stalks & limbs. The plants shoot up and sorta look like sativas, but they are a strain that until now, I have had good luck with....they get to the pont where they seemed to have toppled over and broken off.

Heres some pics (a home made tent). I'm using LEDs from Hydrophonics Hut (the ones where you can switch from blue to red).

It's frustrating...any ideas on whats going on?

Heres some pics...thanks
3842.jpg
2952.jpg
11345.jpg

Re: Thin, wimpy azzed plants...?

My TGA 3rd Dimension pheno has the weakest and thinnest stems and leaves I have seen in my 3 years of growing, she can never hold herself up, and to top it off she is only a meduim yielder. BUT... Her meds she gives you are 2nd to none. Oh, she has also been grown under my Hydroponics Hut 180w several times with not much difference than my HPS. My HH PG 180w stayed between 10" and 12" from the 3D's tops once in flower

3D tied up
IMGP1416.JPG

3D untied, she lays flat out not from big bud weights but just a weak stemmed plant
IMGP1422.JPG

You guys could add air flow on the plant (a fan 24/7), that is one way to make them stronger.

NCDude... it looks like netting would help a lot in your closet, looks like you have the setup to make easy use of it!

You could also add some silica to your regime... Advanced Nutes makes some stuff called barricade that I have heard good reports on.

You could also try some super cropping, seen some good results w/that too!

Captain, thanks
Does the silica work?
I do have a good breeze blowing on them.....and they were LST'd

CK, my girls have wind blowing 24/7 in veg and flower, above and below the plants.

3D supercropped for 2 months with added HD screen support, but she will still be flimsy at the end of her stretch, it is just her genetics. This photo is from last week before she went into flower 6 days ago, once she finishes her stretch under the 600w HPS I will post a few more pics.
IMGP2673.JPG

Same plant today 6 days into 12/12
IMGP2698.JPG

IMGP2701.JPG

Well then, I would say that you should look to something a lil sturdier genetically speaking.

Here is a lil info... there is tons of info on silica out there in regards to MJ!
Silica works by allowing plant cells to build thicker cell walls. Thicker cell walls have several benefits. Thicker cells in the leaves make it more difficult for insects to pierce the leaf and thus make those plants a less attractive choice. The thicker cell walls make bigger stems and branches which in turn allow more food & water, as well as plant secretions to move up and down the plant’s Xylem and Phloem (the highways of the plant.) In addition thicker cell walls mean your favorite plants will be more resistant to environmental stressors such as: extreme heat, drought, and the stress caused by transplanting. These are just a few reasons to add Silica to your feeding program. There is even evidence coming out in new scientific studies that Silica treatments can systemically lower if not alleviate your powdery mildew problems!!! What more do you need to hear?

If you do decide to add Silica there are two things you should know. First, most fertilizer is acidic and Silica is alkali (it will raise your pH.) It is best to add it to your water either first before any other fertilizer or add it last but diluted in water (for example 100ml of Silica in 1 gallon of water.) This dilution in water will minimize localized chemical reactions (that cloud that appears when you pour concentrated fertilizers or pH adjustment chemicals into your reservoir) which make nutrients bind together and become unavailable to your plant. The Second thing to note is that plants only need a small amount of Silica for all of these benefits so please follow the manufacturer’s instructions. This is Not on of those things that if a little is good more is better!!!

The products that I hear the best feedback on are:
Botanicare Silica Blast
Dutch Master’s Silica
Advanced Nutrient’s Rhino Skin
DynaGro Pro Tek

Let us know if you decide to try it out... I am interested in your results... cheers!

She is one of those special girls that I just can't let go of :).

NCdude, how close are you running your LED's?

Back
Top Bottom