thrip?

Winkster1

can someone confirm if this is a thrip and is best to use some sort of neem oil product to rid this pest?

maybe_thrip3.jpg

thanks in advance
Wink

I would say yes it is thrips.

This looks farther along in growth than the ones I had:
Image221.jpg

I use an oil, soap, tobacco brew. doesn't kill the eggs, so you have ot use it every three days for awhile. Also flowers do not do well under it.

I think neem oil would give the same results.

Prairie

UPDATE
neem didnt seem to work weel so tried an insect control product containing spinosad and it worked great.
Wink

Nice pictures, could kill both of them. Got thripes week 6/7 on beautiful crop but had to destroy one of four in first flower room an have turned fifteen hundred ladybugs onto the others. Thought they were kept out of my perfect room, until I saw acouple of small signs. After close inspection, got what I think are thrip larva/eggs on the under side of leafs on them. Cutting down as fast as possible to try and save beautiful flowers/buds. Can't spray or do much of anything due to flowering, but turn ladybugs loose. The ladybugs are sticking to the one strain, whos buds are so sticky anything that touches them are stuck. Anybody examine the eggs and when can I expect them to explode into devestation? using 100x scope.Done heavy research but most info focuses on veg state rather than pests while flowering. Never have had thripes before. They must be thrip eggs, transluscent oval round kinda that ripples on bottom of leafs and blackish brown shit on top of leafs that must be the left overs from the little SOB's. At least that is what I've read about where to look for their shit. Not much info about their larva or what to do when flowering. Any ideas or confirmation about their larva. Never have actually seen any proof of them in garden besides the larva and their shit and scrapes on just a couple of leafs. All signs point to thripes.??? Any thoughts or ideas out there would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom