Thrips

Interesting. I still wouldn't chance it unless it were necessary, but maybe they react better to a one-off stress than a more prolonged one like a deficiency, or an indicator light over time, etc. Maybe the one-off stress is treated like you say more as a weather event. That probably makes more sense based on evolution. If they hermied after any little stressor the plant would not have evolved to be able to produce all female flowered plants.

If they hermied after any little stressor the plant would not have evolved to be able to produce all female flowered plants.

it has evolved to hermie and self seed under certain conditions to ensure the continuation of the species. many equatorial landrace breeds are known to hermie in the wild when there are a lack of males and pollen.

other conditions will trigger the same response. particularly in sativas. it's a survival technique.

a lot of the stability gets bred in to commercial seeds. not out.

it has evolved to hermie and self seed under certain conditions to ensure the continuation of the species. many equatorial landrace breeds are known to hermie in the wild when there are a lack of males and pollen.

other conditions will trigger the same response. particularly in sativas. it's a survival technique.

a lot of the stability gets bred in to commercial seeds. not out.
Right, but my point was that if any little stressor caused them to hermie they would have just evovled to hermie from the begininng as do other plants like cukes and squash where there are both male and female flowers right out of the gate.

IMG_20220305_220833.jpg
IMG_20220305_220910.jpg
IMG_20220305_220815.jpg
IMG_20220305_220826.jpg

This is what they currently look like, too far into flowering? Also height issues on 3 of the rooms can't let them get much taller?
What do you reckon?
What I see is One hell of a lot of spraying to do. Best get your self a big pressure tank sprayer or electric pump sprayer
With a long wand, that you can bend , so you can spray the underside of your leaves not just the tops
Those with the netting will be the hardest
also some big box fans, to blow in under the netting, to dry it all after or the next thing will be BUD ROT

Maybe but it read like the comment "I'm not sure you want to do HST once you've flipped as that can cause hermies..." as referring to the flip from vegetating to flowering.
I was saying that if you have already flipped to flower and are showing pistils, it is probably best not to go back to veg if you can help it since then you would be talking about revegging in addition to trying to resolve the bug issue.

What I see is One hell of a lot of spraying to do. Best get your self a big pressure tank sprayer or electric pump sprayer
With a long wand, that you can bend , so you can spray the underside of your leaves not just the tops
Those with the netting will be the hardest
also some big box fans, to blow in under the netting, to dry it all after or the next thing will be BUD ROT
Yeh I've sprayed once the other day with hydrogen peroxide I'm spraying tonight with citric acid but I'm worried about the humidity it's sitting at 74% and I've not watered or sprayed yet

I was saying that if you have already flipped to flower and are showing pistils, it is probably best not to go back to veg if you can help it since then you would be talking about revegging in addition to trying to resolve the bug issue.
Yeh I don't wanna be trying to deal with anything more than what I have with this bug and humidity problem man

That is the way I was reading the original comment.

It could take longer to re-vegetate and take care of the problem than it took for just the original vegetating stage.

Yeh I've sprayed once the other day with hydrogen peroxide I'm spraying tonight with citric acid but I'm worried about the humidity it's sitting at 74% and I've not watered or sprayed yet
If this is the tread that mentioned getting the 'citric acid' from the baking section at the supermarket then I wanted to mention to also look on the shelves where the store has the canning jars.

Yeah...your PM problem is most definitely right here with your elevated RH
At the moment the RH went well high, up to 79% at one point because of the weather change, not watered for two days now to try get it down, it's down to 51 at the moment but gonna need watering so it's a problem
it's sitting at 74% and I've not watered or sprayed yet
5 weeks in and you're seeing PM on leaves, which are normally the driest parts of the plants. My anxiety is elevated for you! In my inexperienced mind, those flowers already have PM that is growing inside them.

Fans and some major dehumidifiers need to be incorporated ASAP. Those massive raised beds are holding A LOT of moisture and constantly evaporating which is also raising your RH.

How are you exhausting or bringing in fresh air? What is your RH outside?

What are your temps? Get some heaters in there and dry the air out ASAP! Otherwise you're just fighting an uphill battle.

If this is the tread that mentioned getting the 'citric acid' from the baking section at the supermarket then I wanted to mention to also look on the shelves where the store has the canning jars.

Yeah...your PM problem is most definitely right here with your elevated RH

5 weeks in and you're seeing PM on leaves, which are normally the driest parts of the plants. My anxiety is elevated for you! In my inexperienced mind, those flowers already have PM that is growing inside them.

Fans and some major dehumidifiers need to be incorporated ASAP. Those massive raised beds are holding A LOT of moisture and constantly evaporating which is also raising your RH.

How are you exhausting or bringing in fresh air? What is your RH outside?

What are your temps? Get some heaters in there and dry the air out ASAP! Otherwise you're just fighting an uphill battle.
Yeh it's stressful man I think I'm gonna go with pots next time to be honest seems it'd be easier to regulate or eliminate problems etc.

The humidity outside is over 90% because of the weather change I'm quite high up in the mountains and the clouds are really low the past week and cold

Just been told I've got a setting for humidity on the box fan I pictured which makes me feel a bit stupid but I've adjusted it to bring it down but it's bringing the temp down too, I had temp set to 20⁰c but it's dropping at the moment down to 17

16466899565274453913252662462376.jpg

Yeh it's stressful man I think I'm gonna go with pots next time to be honest seems it'd be easier to regulate or eliminate problems etc.

The humidity outside is over 90% because of the weather change I'm quite high up in the mountains and the clouds are really low the past week and cold

Just been told I've got a setting for humidity on the box fan I pictured which makes me feel a bit stupid but I've adjusted it to bring it down but it's bringing the temp down too, I had temp set to 20⁰c but it's dropping at the moment down to 17

16466899565274453913252662462376.jpg
Heat could go up from 20° C. Like 25-26° should help with that RH too. Just a thought though. I know you're running lots of power already. I imagine the heat under the HPS lights would be much higher than 20°.

Out of curiosity, how and where are you getting your room readings?

Taking into consideration how large your room is, I would gather data points from multiple locations, especially around the flower canopies, and get an average for the room. Maybe your canopies are doing ok under those lights?!

Heat could go up from 20° C. Like 25-26° should help with that RH too. Just a thought though. I know you're running lots of power already. I imagine the heat under the HPS lights would be much higher than 20°.

Out of curiosity, how and where are you getting your room readings?

Taking into consideration how large your room is, I would gather data points from multiple locations, especially around the flower canopies, and get an average for the room. Maybe your canopies are doing ok under those lights?!
I have two air con units on opposite sides that have temp readings and a monitor in the centre that reads the RH and temp inside and has a wire into the intake that measures the temp outside

But when the lights are off during the day it drops to about 9 degrees inside at the moment

Back
Top Bottom