Thrips

Never even heard of mantis' suggested but that sounds like a perfect solution and exactly,they're cool too haha, thanks I will certainly look into that!
No problem glad I could help.
IMG_20220305_220833.jpg
IMG_20220305_220910.jpg
IMG_20220305_220815.jpg
IMG_20220305_220826.jpg

This is what they currently look like, too far into flowering? Also height issues on 3 of the rooms can't let them get much taller?
What do you reckon?
And yes exactly you have alot of space so they will be all over them ladies doing a deep clean.

As far "some height issues" I have seen others here do it as well as my self, is to just snap the tops over and use something to support the bend (I used double sided clothes Velcro strips..worked like a charm)

No problem glad I could help.

And yes exactly you have alot of space so they will be all over them ladies doing a deep clean.

As far "some height issues" I have seen others here do it as well as my self, is to just snap the tops over and use something to support the bend (I used double sided clothes Velcro strips..worked like a charm)
So you definitely think it's worth revert back to veg??

And "snap" the tops or bend them?

And "snap" the tops or bend them?
I did not revert to veg while doing this I was like 2-3 weeks from chop, didn't hurt it at all. (Photo below of my "break" with Velcro tape) As for the going back to veg I am not familiar with that technique at all... And cannot/will not weigh in for all our sake lol

IMG_20220206_173935742.jpg

Edit: not the best pic of my bend sorry.... But you can see the tape.

I did not revert to veg while doing this I was like 2-3 weeks from chop, didn't hurt it at all. (Photo below of my "break" with Velcro tape) As for the going back to veg I am not familiar with that technique at all... And cannot/will not weigh in for all our sake lol

IMG_20220206_173935742.jpg
Yeh I shouldn't have height issues if I don't have to change back to veg I don't think but a couple people have mentioned it's easier to treat in veg state etc but me too never done it before

I hate working in reverse so I'll put my brain to the block and figure out something....that's why I mention the killer mantis and "hst"... Oh and with the hst or bending as I'm referring to this would be considered damage to the plant which everywhere you read should also up the resin production like practices of icing with cold water...48+darkness before harvest... Droughting....etc.... Again I'm still new but I read a Hela lot :nomo:

I hate working in reverse so I'll put my brain to the block and figure out something....that's why I mention the killer mantis and "hst"... Oh and with the hst or bending as I'm referring to this would be considered damage to the plant which everywhere you read should also up the resin production like practices of icing with cold water...48+darkness before harvest... Droughting....etc.... Again I'm still new but I read a Hela lot :nomo:

Man I'm super new I have a friend that's grown a lot who helped me set up and shit but the idea is I learn myself and deal with it then I can manage the big grow, but at the moment it's going how it's going lol I have read quite a lot but man everyday it's something new

Hey man couldn't get my hands on citric acid today but I read that you can use hydrogen peroxide the same way? Have you experienced this?
Citric acid is available in the baking aisle of the supermarket.
Well I read somewhere that it should be 9 parts water one part hydrogen peroxide so I diluted it like 12 to one just to be safe and I didn't overly spray them because didn't want the humidity to go higher
Hydrogen peroxide never worked on PM for me even at full 3% strength. Never tried vinegar though.
Whoa I didn't read anyone recommended that!
I'm not sure you want to do HST once you've flipped as that can cause hermies. LST by gently bending and tying should be OK, but I wouldn't be doing anything to stress them out too much.
This! Much better to tie the very tops down in a gentle curve if you're running out of height. I try not to supercrop after stretch.

Citric acid is available in the baking aisle of the supermarket.

Hydrogen peroxide never worked on PM for me even at full 3% strength. Never tried vinegar though.

Whoa I didn't read anyone recommended that!

This! Much better to tie the very tops down in a gentle curve if you're running out of height. I try not to supercrop after stretch.
Someone said it's easier to treat the thrips in veg I'm sure and thankyou I'll drive to the town tomorrow and check the supermarkets man

And at the moment they should be fine for height was just because I thought he was recommending to flip back to veg

Someone said it's easier to treat the thrips in veg I'm sure and thankyou I'll drive to the town tomorrow and check the supermarkets man

And at the moment they should be fine for height was just because I thought he was recommending to flip back to veg
It's easier to treat everything in veg but don't go back to veg because of pests.

Safer insect killing soap spray is for flower. Organic and safe for flower. Spray it on, wait for it to dry, rinse it off. Dead thrips.

Do it every 3 or 4 days to break their life cycle.

Oh yeah, and no matter what you use, bud wash at harvest.

Don't know if I'm gonna flip yet, seems like last resort no?
I thought you said you already had flipped it to flower. If not, then treat it before doing that. If you have, then I agree with Shed. Don't flip it back, but treat it with Safer's.

It's easier to treat everything in veg but don't go back to veg because of pests.

Safer insect killing soap spray is for flower. Organic and safe for flower. Spray it on, wait for it to dry, rinse it off. Dead thrips.

Do it every 3 or 4 days to break their life cycle.

Oh yeah, and no matter what you use, bud wash at harvest.
Cheers man, moving forward sounds a lot more pleasant I need to go check that soap actually, I'm gonna do that now.

Yeah, I agree with @InTheShed & @Azimuth about NOT reverting to veg at this point. I zoomed in on your pics and they are well into flower it seems to me. I recommended it because I thought they hadn't transitioned yet.

How long ago did you flip?
What genetics are you running?
What are your temps?
What is the RH?
What is your light cycle?

Stick with moving forward and keep treating so you can get it in check quick. Get your room RH as low as you can at this point would be my primary goal.

I'm not sure you want to do HST once you've flipped as that can cause hermies. LST by gently bending and tying should be OK, but I wouldn't be doing anything to stress them out too much.
When I run into plants that have grown to close to the light I have bent the taller tops over until the center woody material in the stem cracks. Have never gotten the feeling that it causes male flowers to show up. Not one of my plants that does not produce male flowers under normal circumstances ended up producing those male flowers. On the other hand, the Papaya and the Girl Scout Cookies plants would start to show the occasional male flower at 3 or 4 weeks and it did not matter whether I had bent over extra tall tops or not.

Plus we have to think about all the grows who suddenly panic because one of their outdoor plants got a split stem crotch or the tops bent and cracked during some sort of wind storm. They do not report back that suddenly their plants started to produce male flowers mixed in with all the beautiful female buds. Unless, of course, they were growing a male plant because they never researched the difference between how male and female flowering Marijuana plants look.;)

Yeah, I agree with @InTheShed & @Azimuth about NOT reverting to veg at this point. I zoomed in on your pics and they are well into flower it seems to me. I recommended it because I thought they hadn't transitioned yet.

How long ago did you flip?
What genetics are you running?
What are your temps?
What is the RH?
What is your light cycle?

Stick with moving forward and keep treating so you can get it in check quick. Get your room RH as low as you can at this point would be my primary goal.
Thankyou man yeh I flipped like 5 weeks ago now 3 rooms are amnesia haze and the Indica is some original white widow my friends been growing since the 90s
At the moment the RH went well high, up to 79% at one point because of the weather change, not watered for two days now to try get it down, it's down to 51 at the moment but gonna need watering so it's a problem I think
I'm running my lights 9 at night til 9 in the morning

When I run into plants that have grown to close to the light I have bent the taller tops over until the center woody material in the stem cracks. Have never gotten the feeling that it causes male flowers to show up. Not one of my plants that does not produce male flowers under normal circumstances ended up producing those male flowers. On the other hand, the Papaya and the Girl Scout Cookies plants would start to show the occasional male flower at 3 or 4 weeks and it did not matter whether I had bent over extra tall tops or not.

Plus we have to think about all the grows who suddenly panic because one of their outdoor plants got a split stem crotch or the tops bent and cracked during some sort of wind storm. They do not report back that suddenly their plants started to produce male flowers mixed in with all the beautiful female buds. Unless, of course, they were growing a male plant because they never researched the difference between how male and female flowering Marijuana plants look.;)
I think he meant if I flip back to veg and HST can produce Hermies? But I may be wrong

It is easier to treat for insects or things like mildew while the plant is in the vegetating stage.

The number one reason is that only leaves have to be treated while if the plant has started flowering then there is just all that much more plant material to spray. Plus once flowering starts full bore then there are just that many more spots for insects to be living in.

The number two reason is that once the plants are in flower there is the possibility that whatever is being used to treat for insects or mildews/molds can have a serious and unwanted effect on the flowers. Mix up some of the insecticides without paying attention to the instructions can cause all the stigma, aka pistils, to start to turn brown and die back ahead of schedule just for starters. Putting on a pesticide or fungicide without knowing the compatibility could cause the loss of most or all the buds.

If someone has put their plants into a 12/12 light schedule several days ago and suddenly realized that they have a mite infestation many of the group will recommend going back to a 18/6 or whatever vegetating light schedule they were using right away to avoid having the plants start producing flowers. But, that is not re-vegetating.

It is easier to treat for insects or things like mildew while the plant is in the vegetating stage.

The number one reason is that only leaves have to be treated while if the plant has started flowering then there is just all that much more plant material to spray. Plus once flowering starts full bore then there are just that many more spots for insects to be living in.

The number two reason is that once the plants are in flower there is the possibility that whatever is being used to treat for insects or mildews/molds can have a serious and unwanted effect on the flowers. Mix up some of the insecticides without paying attention to the instructions can cause all the stigma, aka pistils, to start to turn brown and die back ahead of schedule just for starters. Putting on a pesticide or fungicide without knowing the compatibility could cause the loss of most or all the buds.

If someone has put their plants into a 12/12 light schedule several days ago and suddenly realized that they have a mite infestation many of the group will recommend going back to a 18/6 or whatever vegetating light schedule they were using right away to avoid having the plants start producing flowers. But, that is not re-vegetating.
Okok that makes sense man thanks, I'm well past several days though unfortunately so treating it how it is seems the best bet

Back
Top Bottom