Thrips

Best thing I could suggest is doing a search using Thrips as the keyword. The little magnifying glass icon up in the top corner (I am using a computer and that is where I see it) will open up the 'search' field and just type the word in there.

Over the years I have read many message threads where some of the people have recommended Neem even in flower but only up until the last two weeks before harvest.

my friend is against using neem oil or systemic approaches just wondering best solution outside of these please and thanks
There are ways besides using oil; The following was generated via a search engine.

A thrip infestation can be controlled naturally by following alternatives for organic thrips control:
  • Introduce thrip predators: Insects such as thrips predatory mites, minute pirate bugs, ladybugs Trichogramma wasp and lacewings love to munch on thrips and can help to reduce thrip populations.
  • Use a natural insecticidal soap: These work best for moderate infestations.
  • If the above doesn't work, try mixing neem oil with some insecticidal soap for an extra layer of killing power while remaining environmentally friendly.
Personally, I've used both lady bugs and wasp's. You will know when the thrips are killed off when the lady bugs fly away looking for other bugs to feed on.

Good luck.

There are ways besides using oil; The following was generated via a search engine.

A thrip infestation can be controlled naturally by following alternatives for organic thrips control:
  • Introduce thrip predators: Insects such as thrips predatory mites, minute pirate bugs, ladybugs Trichogramma wasp and lacewings love to munch on thrips and can help to reduce thrip populations.
  • Use a natural insecticidal soap: These work best for moderate infestations.
  • If the above doesn't work, try mixing neem oil with some insecticidal soap for an extra layer of killing power while remaining environmentally friendly.
Personally, I've used both lady bugs and wasp's. You will know when the thrips are killed off when the lady bugs fly away looking for other bugs to feed on.

Good luck.
Thankyou very much man!

Best thing I could suggest is doing a search using Thrips as the keyword. The little magnifying glass icon up in the top corner (I am using a computer and that is where I see it) will open up the 'search' field and just type the word in there.

Over the years I have read many message threads where some of the people have recommended Neem even in flower but only up until the last two weeks before harvest.
Thanks man, I've done searches was looking for personal experience though

Hey sorry about the bug issue...I've heard from another member ( @Paul Squiggle ) here who had the same issue, putting honey at the nodes will catch them and you can use the honey on a q-tip to dab off the ones on the leaves.... But on a more humorous note I made this for him a couple months back lol

main-qimg-715690c26da7ac4c5caebf0f236bbf2e_2.jpeg

Hey sorry about the bug issue...I've heard from another member ( @Paul Squiggle ) here who had the same issue, putting honey at the nodes will catch them and you can use the honey on a q-tip to dab off the ones on the leaves.... But on a more humorous note I made this for another member here a couple months back lol

main-qimg-715690c26da7ac4c5caebf0f236bbf2e_2.jpeg
Quite funny haha Cheers for the advice man I'll try it

I've been told that I can use a 9% ISO dilution or Safer's Insecticidal Soap during flower. Neem should only be used in veg because Neem oil can affect the taste of your buds.

Safer's needs to be rinsed off but the other 2 don't. I usually spray before lights off and rinsing when the lights come back on.

Sorry to hear you've got thrips. The flame thrower is the best option :laugh:

I got mine under control with honey, like hazmat said. There was hundreds of them stuck to it.. just a little dab in between each node and at the end of the stem where it meets the leaf (petiole)

Mine were crawling with them, but luckily I stopped them before they turned into adults.
No chemicals required. It was a tedious job though, inspecting every leaf and dabbing off the ones I could see..

Even wiping them away as you spot them thins the herd down.

Saying that, I did set fire to one plant before I got the honey out..

if you have trouble with Ants, don't use honey
20220114_192135.jpg

pop it out of flower if you aren't showing yet. it's best if you can control it in veg.

iso works but it destroys trichomes. would not recommend past 2nd wk of flower. neem and a lot of other treatments are also not recommended past 2nd wk. any treatment is going to take a minimum 3wk cycle, and most treatments are hard on the plant. it's best if you can fix it before letting it deal with flower.

one quick way to get a pile off is vacuum the plant.

I have just beaten thrips in my grow rooms, but not without a huge struggle. I put nematodes in the soil. I was trying to go natural so I used SNS products, using 209 in with every watering and finally 203 spray every 2 to 3 days. This slows them down, but they kept coming back. 3 rounds of the damn things, and now I have had it. This is not happening again. I have been working way too hard.

I sealed the wooden slat floor and deep cleaned the rooms. In veg, there will no longer be any mercy. I WILL use chemicals. I will NOT let the bugs take over in veg ever again. Short of the flamethrower, this is what I got. And it is working. In bloom I have remained natural I have stopped the multi-room-multi-stage infestation. I think I am going to buy some ladybugs too, just in case, and because they make me happy.

Never heard ISO before I'll do some research thanks
When Hash Girl said ISO - shes talking about isopropyl alcohol but it must be diluted down with water.

Our girl @Trala is in Australia so I recently learned that outside of North America it may have different name than isopropyl alcohol

When added to soil mix DE counts as a silica product but for killing pests DE is effective when it’s dry…. when it’s wet some critterz appear to march on thru.

Normally (tents & containers) I’d say switch to bottom watering & fans across soil line to prevent them from landing, but yeah…. plumbed up with irrigation.

DE is BAD BAD for your lungs so turn off fans & wear good mask…. apply it and get the freak out of there.

Might help to tell us more about what pests are you experiencing?

dig your setup!!!

When added to soil mix DE counts as a silica product but for killing pests DE is effective when it’s dry…. when it’s wet some critterz appear to march on thru.

Normally (tents & containers) I’d say switch to bottom watering & fans across soil line to prevent them from landing, but yeah…. plumbed up with irrigation.

DE is BAD BAD for your lungs so turn off fans & wear good mask…. apply it and get the freak out of there.

Might help to tell us more about what pests are you experiencing?

dig your setup!!!
I'm dealing with thrips and I put bugs in there but I read about the DE after but now I'm thinking that it's gonna kill my predator bugs too no?

And cheers man my mate set it up for me honestly

Back
Top Bottom