Thrips

No it just says citric acid on it, it's in Spanish to be honest but doesn't say anything for plants
As long as it says it is safe for human consumption, for food, for pickles or pickling or anything similar.

Just worked it out,says it's 100% but I should use the same mix you suggested yeh 5g etc?
Yes.

Some trivia found while thinking through the question of "what is citric acid". All this knowledge found in the libraries of Tantor right at our fingertips.

Citric Acid comes two ways, either anhydrous or monohydrate.

From the wiki page:
Citric acid can be obtained as an anhydrous (water-free) form or as a monohydrate. The anhydrous form crystallizes from hot water, while the monohydrate forms when citric acid is crystallized from cold water.

Also found during the search.
How do you convert citric acid anhydrous to monohydrate?

In order to substitute citric acid monohydrate in a formula for citric acid anhydrous, for each mg of citric acid monohydrate, the pharmacist must weigh 0.914 mg of citric acid anhydrous instead.

Hey @InTheShed I'm just getting to bud washing I'm watching the video of Dutchman's budwash was wondering can I make a citric acid mix instead of the lemon juice or should I just make the trip and find lemon juice?

Hey @InTheShed I'm just getting to bud washing I'm watching the video of Dutchman's budwash was wondering can I make a citric acid mix instead of the lemon juice or should I just make the trip and find lemon juice?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes! I now wash my harvests with 1% citric acid solution and baking soda rather than using H2O2. I'll be doing that next weekend.

So in 3 gallons of water (13,638ml) I use 136g of citric acid.

Just doing some research and lemon juice has a 7-10% citric acid concentrate so
Sorry for the late reply. Yes! I now wash my harvests with 1% citric acid solution and baking soda rather than using H2O2. I'll be doing that next weekend.

So in 3 gallons of water (13,638ml) I use 136g of citric acid.
Thanks very much as always man! I'm starting this morning

• 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Pure Soap: Use a pure liquid soap, such as Castile, or all-natural soap. The active ingredient in insecticidal soap comes from the fatty acids in animal fat or vegetable oil, so it’s important to use the real thing.

• 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Cooking Oil: To help the solution stick a little longer, add two tablespoons of light cooking oil (such as corn, canola, olive, or safflower) per gallon of water to the mix. I’ve also heard of some people using peppermint oil, which I kind of like.
  • 1 Gal. (4L) Ph’d Water: Ph’d water is fine for making insecticidal soap. If you have hard water, you may want to use bottled water to prevent soap and mineral scum from building up on your plants.

• Application: Apply to top and bottom of leaves every couple of days til your absolutely sure the pests are gone. Then spray with Ph’d water to rinse.

Back
Top Bottom