Time to flush, but

This is old advice from the old ancient out of date Cervantes book... "its normal and desirable for the plant to die off before harvest."

There is a reason pot today is so much stronger than it was in the 70's... we have learned better methods.

I never read that book.

Are you positive cannabis wasn't as strong in the 70s. I was there.

There are many strains still going strong from back in the day.
Most of the problems are in the fact that back in the 70s we were getting landrace Sativa that was grown near the equator with a growing season of well over 100 days. We dont have the patience these daze.

I never read that book.

Are you positive cannabis wasn't as strong in the 70s. I was there.

There are many strains still going strong from back in the day.
Most of the problems are in the fact that back in the 70s we were getting landrace Sativa that was grown near the equator with a growing season of well over 100 days. We dont have the patience these daze.
I wasnt there, but my Dad was and from him and what I have read, yes, pot is much stronger these days as it was rare to get 25% THC back then. The genetics have gotten better and more adapted to our indoor growing abilities, and our methods have also gotten better. Also, even though some of the ideas in this book are outdated, most of it is gold... you should read that book.
IMG_20191016_173942.jpg

If in pots then you can flush or not flush, your choice.

Or, directly in the soil or ground? In in the ground flushing will not accomplish much in my view.

Have a good day.

What wood be the difference in ground or in a pot ?

What wood be the difference in ground or in a pot ?
The idea of flushing soil, the way people on this message board use the term, did not make sense to me until I realized I had been doing it for years and years with my houseplants and outdoor gardening pots that are used for flower displays.

If the plants are in pots then someone asking about flushing the soil makes sense and I though I should ask to be sure.

However, when in the ground, the plants roots hair roots and many feeder roots have spread so far out that it would mean trying to clean the soil in a 4-6 foot circle. While not impossible to do, it does not sound necessary. The ground gets flushed during and after heavy rains and especially in the early spring when there is the usual spring run-off as snow and ice melts. Or just the typical early spring rainfalls when it seems to rain for days on end. A natural soil flushing as the water percolates through the soil. Keeping in mind that my thoughts on this are based on the North America continent. In warmer or more tropical climates the natural flushing might include longer periods of time when the ground is saturated.

Every now and then someone asks about flushing the soil around his or her plants that are in the ground, either in a garden bed near the house and in one case the plants were in a nearby field and the person was concerned about carrying buckets and buckets of water.

Back
Top Bottom