Flushing!

Charmanderrr

Guys I’m so very confused about the dispute between flushing and not flushing. I’m waiting for my trichomes to turn amber and if I’m going to flush I need to start now. But do I need to flush? I’ve heard so much controversy idk what’s real anymore. Please help me find clairvoyance in this situation, as I am lost like a soul in purgatory. Basically let’s just say I have never heard of flushing and my knowledge on it is non existent. So from there, I’d appreciate both sides of the coin, but I also just don’t know what to do from here with my grow. My last grow had been flushed for about 3+weeks before harvest. Did that do anything? Just help me please.

From one camp, it’s unnecessary, and counterproductive to starve you plants in the home stretch. You cannot remove nutrients once they’re incorporated into the cells of the plant. Something else to ponder, Many of the nute lines want you to flush using a product they’re selling! More important to remove harshness, is the curing process, where sugars, starches and chlorophyll are broken down by biological action.

You’re all lovely. I was talking with my brother during a drive, and went through many of the old forums, but each time we answered a question, we had another one. I personally asked a question on these forums about a bottle of liquid flush I heard of and wandered if it was snake oil. That’s when I first heard about all this. But I do have a few questions I’d love answered on the topic if anyone wouldn’t mind.

Like does a nug that sparks have anything to do with a flush? Or is that something else completely?

And what does salt In The soil do to the buds if that is the issue?

I understand the harshness/smoothness has to do with the drying and curing right?

And if the bottle, like FF trio, says to do it, am I to dismiss that information?

And what does salt In The soil do to the buds if that is the issue?
Salt takes up positions that soil normally uses to temporarily store nutrients. If the soil can not store nutrients, then the water only pass has nothing to give to the plants, and you lose a portion of your nutrition and as a result, the final yield will suffer. The roots will also constrict in a salty environment and cant uptake as much water, again, stunting growth just a little and enough to affect yield.

The sparks are the trichomes exploding, and it is a very good thing if you have some thick and fat enough to do that. It is not nutrients exploding.
I remember you posting about this and I can say the majority of my last harvest did this exact thing. I took it as an extreme blessing! I made a steamroller with eye protection!!

NTH

Back
Top Bottom