Time to play What’s That Deficiency?

The Old Toby

Not sure what’s happening here, but it is concerning.

- 3 gal.fabric pot
- Temp 75-79
- Humidity 51%
- Fox Farm Soil
- Fox Farm 3 part nute system (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom) and mixed at half strength, usually every other watering and 3ml of CalMag per gallon every watering. I will say that with five kids, life has gotten crazy recently, so I haven’t been watering quite as often as I should.

Still fairly new grower with only two grows under my belt and learning a lot about nutrient balance.

- Closest to the camera is White White Widow @ 6 weeks.
- Back left is White Widow @ 8 weeks
- Back right is Girl Scout Cookies @ 8 weeks
90B63AE6-F91C-47ED-9DDF-B34CF9497738.jpeg
64A8BBDD-C75D-4BAF-A67D-22E84DEB87B5.jpeg
7539C9F5-3E75-4C2D-8D46-229141FAF2F7.jpeg

Nothing wrong stay your course. Plant fan leaves will yellow down the stretch. Called scenescence.
That’s what I was thinking at first as well, but I thought I’ve always noticed it at the bottom of the plant working their way up. If that’s all it is then great! Is the purpling of the fan leaves normal as well? I know some strains do it, but haven’t seen it in any pics of WW buds.

It might be called senescence, but it is by no means necessary. Properly grown organic plants do not fade. WW is notoriously a nutrient glutton, and she will usually take whatever you give her. You are running FF everything, and then not trusting the feeding chart; you are feeding half strength. Of course you will have some yellowing... you are idling the engine. Try following the chart next time and compare grows.

It might be called senescence, but it is by no means necessary. Properly grown organic plants do not fade. WW is notoriously a nutrient glutton, and she will usually take whatever you give her. You are running FF everything, and then not trusting the feeding chart; you are feeding half strength. Of course you will have some yellowing... you are idling the engine. Try following the chart next time and compare grows.
Thank you so much Emilya. I’ve read enough of your other posts and journal work to know that your insights are invaluable!

To be honest, I didn’t even know that their was a feeding chart. That’s how green I am. I was feeding at full strength during my first grow and got pretty nasty nutrient burn, do I cut back to half strength on the advice of many.

I’m assuming that such a chart would be found on the Fox Farm website? I guess I just need to Google it and make sure I find one specifically formulated cannabis plants. In any event, I will certainly get my hands on a chart of some kind! Greatly appreciated!:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom