Tiny black beetles two white spots

Nor have I. I have no idea where they came from, everything is frozen here and I haven't added anything into the tent. I'm thinking they're getting pushed out of the soil as I increase the amount of water.

I can't find anything to identify critters this small. The closest I have come is a "signate lady beetle" but even those are 4-5mm and would seem to be quite a bit larger than these things.

Maybe black bean aphids. Looks little different
Screenshot_20190115-152255.png

Too big.
I'm guessing they are a beneficial. They seem to be full term and don't seem to be after the plant itself, I suppose they could be eating the roots in the pot but I'm guessing their eating dead organic material trapped in it.
Hopefully someone has seen these before and can give a positive ID.

A simple solution to these nasty bastards by spraying mixture of hot peppers with organic soap around your container, if they've infested before treatment it will take a little more time.

That's cool. I use iso alcohol and water if I ever have anything I need to kill. I should add some soap as a surfactant though.

However the topic of this post is to positively identify these:
Do you know what these are? I don't want to kill them if they are helpful.

That's cool. I use iso alcohol and water if I ever have anything I need to kill. I should add some soap as a surfactant though.

However the topic of this post is to positively identify these:
Do you know what these are? I don't want to kill them if they are helpful.
Bugs gross me out even lady bugs this is why I'm going to stick to dwc fast growth no bugs.. algae tries but with enough current algae has no chance

Looks like a flea beetle to me, if they are, you need to get rid of them :eek:

I thought about those. They have a distinct middle section (thorax? Not a bug guy). And they are too big.

These are a head and round body no easily visible legs. Two antennae.

Thanks for the help though. Someone has to have seen these before.

Well I had hoped someone here would be able to help with these lil guys but doesn't look like it.

For the record the plants finished up just fine. Never noticed any of the creepy crawlys leaving the sides of the pots. Plants didn't seem to be losing energy or anything so I think they aren't terribly harmful as hypothesized.

The soil will still be getting down cycled to the garden beds. Really loving this Coco lately.

Hi there!!! I just got some in my soil! After few research i found it was black globular springtail or collemboles not bad at all hope it helps!!

Attachments

• 20200904_181917.jpg
    20200904_181917.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom