Tips to improve grow closet?

kaivorth

Finally dialing everything in. However, I got my recent electric bill.

$80 over what it usually is. I want to minimize this cost. I want to insulate the closet so the radiator will do less work, it essentially heats the whole room.

Grow_Closet_11.jpg
Grow_Closet_21.jpg

As you can see, I have the radiator, humidifier, my plant, and the grow light. The radiator makes it super dry in there without the humidifier.

I plan on wrapping the room in Mylar, then maybe installing a "Black Out Thermal Curtain?" This sound like it should work somewhat, or is this a waste of money?

Will start a Journal once I'm smooth sailing with insulating the closet a bit.

I would buy panda film black side white side ....use white side as ur reflective material ...and then u can totally seal ur closet ...u need a rotating fan in there too...whats ur temps like ? radiator why if its inside why would u need more heat ?

I would buy panda film black side white side ....use white side as ur reflective material ...and then u can totally seal ur closet ...u need a rotating fan in there too...whats ur temps like ? radiator why if its inside why would u need more heat ?

I'm in New England right now, and it's about 63F, and will get down to 30F at night. I need the heat to keep temps up. I keep the temp at about 75F, ranges from 70-80F throughout the day. Humidity is now at about 50%.

I have Panda Film, but when my parents come over, I don't want them asking questions about this black film over my closet. Do those thermal curtains work though to keep heat in and keep light away?

why why would u use it for outside the closet ? u aint reflecting notin outside the closet ... I would put all around inside I would over lap it at the door to keep it light proof..and use it as a sealed door u know what I mean

why why would u use it for outside the closet ? u aint reflecting notin outside the closet ... I would put all around inside I would over lap it at the door to keep it light proof..and use it as a sealed door u know what I mean

Oh I see what you mean. The door is accordian though, so it will fold on itself. Will be a little difficult to apply the film to. Even then, I want to seal all around the door. All of this without it being a huge hassle to get in and out I don't think will be possible. Hence why I've been looking into the thermal blackout curtains

You didn't mention anything about a carbon filter. Without a carbon filter the entire house will smell like you are growing weed when it gets to bloom.

Finally dialing everything in. However, I got my recent electric bill.

$80 over what it usually is. I want to minimize this cost. I want to insulate the closet so the radiator will do less work, it essentially heats the whole room.

Grow_Closet_11.jpg
Grow_Closet_21.jpg

As you can see, I have the radiator, humidifier, my plant, and the grow light. The radiator makes it super dry in there without the humidifier.

I plan on wrapping the room in Mylar, then maybe installing a "Black Out Thermal Curtain?" This sound like it should work somewhat, or is this a waste of money?

Will start a Journal once I'm smooth sailing with insulating the closet a bit.

hi man buy yourself one or two of these units. one to control tyou radiator when temps fall and one to connect to a bathroom wnt. or buy a more expesive one thatdoes both you can get both models. i use them my self. they use only 3w to keep evethyng under control :) cost about 6-8$

57129.JPG

here is my room it is installed to my air system in and outtake.
20160115_113932.jpg

:Namaste:

My radiator is already on a thermostat, it has one built in. I'm just trying to think of a convenient way to somewhat insulate the door that won't look fugly.

My radiator is already on a thermostat, it has one built in. I'm just trying to think of a convenient way to somewhat insulate the door that won't look fugly.

ok but still ig you ever need a good solution this is awesome cus it is compatible to everything you need regulation on. :)

i isolated my door crack with duct tape that i overlapped and plasted long the inside on both doors in the middle and for the top and bottom and side cracks i put up some of that rubber insulators used to make windows and doors airtight.

what type of unit is that
its a tempreture regulated relay thingy :) lol i don't know the exact name in english.

You can use it to connect to a heating device, cooling devive, water heater or whatever you want i have just connected mine to my air in and out and my osculating fan. when them hits 28c everything goes on and i set it to go out at 27c

lots on ebay. just search temp controller.

I put up some Panda Film, how important is sealing the top and sides together for insulation purposes? I'm going to assume it's critical, but it will take some work to make that happen. I used Velcro to put everything together.

Back
Top Bottom