Tissue Culture

Does anyone tried doing tissue culture?
What do you guys think about it?
Share your thoughts, please!
OK kosio, you've gotten my attention. I had no idea what tissue culture is, so I looked it up.

"Tissue culture is utilized to propagate large quantities of plants rapidly. High mutation rates and less desirable plant habits are difficulties encountered using tissue culture compared to propagation by terminal and leaf cuttings. Plants propagated by tissue culture can originate from several different plant parts".

Sound interesting, are you attempting to go forward with this? I for one would love to know of your progress.

Take care kb.

OK kosio, you've gotten my attention. I had no idea what tissue culture is, so I looked it up.

"Tissue culture is utilized to propagate large quantities of plants rapidly. High mutation rates and less desirable plant habits are difficulties encountered using tissue culture compared to propagation by terminal and leaf cuttings. Plants propagated by tissue culture can originate from several different plant parts".

Sound interesting, are you attempting to go forward with this? I for one would love to know of your progress.

Take care kb.

Good morning Gary,

Pretty much with tissue culture you can get clean genetics.
There are labs that do that, you just send them the sample and in a few weeks they give you back trays with plants free of pests and pathogens.
Plants propagated with tissue culture tend to grow faster and are very good with the bugs and mold.
I've only grown tissue culture clones ones (they were prepared at a lab tho).
I can't say that they grow faster it was only one grow and it was outdoors.
But I can definitely say that they were pretty good at resisting with pests and mold - they were none.
I'm interested to find out if it's worth setting up a lab in my farm or it's better to get them from the lab.

Good morning Gary,

Pretty much with tissue culture you can get clean genetics.
There are labs that do that, you just send them the sample and in a few weeks they give you back trays with plants free of pests and pathogens.
Plants propagated with tissue culture tend to grow faster and are very good with the bugs and mold.
I've only grown tissue culture clones ones (they were prepared at a lab tho).
I can't say that they grow faster it was only one grow and it was outdoors.
But I can definitely say that they were pretty good at resisting with pests and mold - they were none.
I'm interested to find out if it's worth setting up a lab in my farm or it's better to get them from the lab.
Good morning back to you kb.
I too grow outdoor and you are right on about bugs and mold. My outdoor ladies are covered overhead to keep most of the rain off them. During the humid evenings (here in Florida) I run a shop fan on them hoping to keep them dry. Bugs are bad and worms are worse.
How about keeping me abreast about your findings and your lab should you go forward.
Happy hunting my friend.

Good morning back to you kb.
I too grow outdoor and you are right on about bugs and mold. My outdoor ladies are covered overhead to keep most of the rain off them. During the humid evenings (here in Florida) I run a shop fan on them hoping to keep them dry. Bugs are bad and worms are worse.
How about keeping me abreast about your findings and your lab should you go forward.
Happy hunting my friend.

I will make make a post if I go ahead and start building the lab.
A few years ago I went to a farm and the guy had a small lab in a cargo container.
It was made pretty cool.
Back then I didn't even know what was tissue culture.
And the guy was like that's the future.
If you want to be into the commercial growing you will have to learn how to do that.
And I've been noticing that lately most of the bigger names are using their own tissue culture.
And this really changes the game.
I will keep you posted if I ever decide to go ahead and do it.

p.s. I am really fascinated with the fact that you are growing outdoor in Florida...I used to live in Fort Lauderdale and the summers were...🥵🥵🥵

it's pretty expensive. right now the only time it is attempted is to save genetics that can't be replicated.

I've been watching some cannabis farms insider videos and a lot of the big names are doing it on the regular too.

that's to ensure no one can breed from their genetics.

monsanto is currently developing "suicide weed" similar to the gmo wheat they foisted on us for the same reasons. weed that will not produce viable seed handcuffs the grower to the seed producer, who can then name any price they want for the genetics.

that's to ensure no one can breed from their genetics.

monsanto is currently developing "suicide weed" similar to the gmo wheat they foisted on us for the same reasons. weed that will not produce viable seed handcuffs the grower to the seed producer, who can then name any price they want for the genetics.

So it's time to go and grow in Thailand. I've heard prices were much better than here...😁😁😁😁

I will make make a post if I go ahead and start building the lab.
A few years ago I went to a farm and the guy had a small lab in a cargo container.
It was made pretty cool.
Back then I didn't even know what was tissue culture.
And the guy was like that's the future.
If you want to be into the commercial growing you will have to learn how to do that.
And I've been noticing that lately most of the bigger names are using their own tissue culture.
And this really changes the game.
I will keep you posted if I ever decide to go ahead and do it.

p.s. I am really fascinated with the fact that you are growing outdoor in Florida...I used to live in Fort Lauderdale and the summers were...🥵🥵🥵
kb, you have triggered my curiosity and fascination with this tissue culture topic. Definitely futuristic for keeping a cleaner and healthy plant. My goal in life is to grow and cure the perfect cannabis plant.
I retired to the panhandle a few years back from Tampa, the miss's and I have a small farm a few miles south of the Georgia line in a very rural community. We have much cooler winter's than Ft. Lauderdale, summers are about the same though.
Take care my friend and stay in touch

Back
Top Bottom