To get more nutes or more lighting

Remystemple

just got the GH Trio. looking online they have a bunch of other stuff to add weight and size. so i narrowed it down that i'm considering getting 3 of the 7 other listed nutrients in their "expert" drain to waste list.

Then I wondered would i be better off the get more lights instead?. i already have 2 very bright LED's and they seem to be doing pretty good so far. but side lighting would be nice. or just another artificial sun above my little girls.

So i bring the question to this amazing group of people before I go to the check out with $100 of nutes i might not really need.

Thanks for your thoughts all.

Depends on what kind of lights you have now. I personally have troubles when I mix too much stuff together. I never measure right and stuff. But if you already have good lights and you’re the kind of person who can geek out on nute ratios and stuff then you can probably do more with $100 there then adding a $100 LED in my opinion.

:passitleft:

Depends on what kind of lights you have now. I personally have troubles when I mix too much stuff together. I never measure right and stuff. But if you already have good lights and you’re the kind of person who can geek out on nute ratios and stuff then you can probably do more with $100 there then adding a $100 LED in my opinion.

the nutes is a steep learning curve but i'll get it eventually. there's a lot of conflicting info to sift through. but one thing i know is that it has to be worth the cash it cost to get set up, so if that means my brain smokes for a few hours a night trying to figure stuff out that's what i have to do.

You make a really good point, the nutes probably are worth more at this point. I have 2 Phlizon LED's a 1500w and a 1200w. I know they don't actually pull that much power but that's what they call them lol... it's pretty damn bright in my little room already.

20181115_104557.jpg

In my opinion the nutrient add ons are a waste of money. Most of them simply boost the K and P a bit more. You can achieve the same effect by increasing the K/P component you already use. Don’t add too much nutrients!

In my opinion the nutrient add ons are a waste of money. Most of them simply boost the K and P a bit more. You can achieve the same effect by increasing the K/P component you already use. Don’t add too much nutrients!

I was reading the ingredients to some of them and thinking the same thing. but of course i'm newb so "there's gotta be something to them" lol. they're just lots of what i already have makes sense.

Nutrients may or may not help. Lumens always help.

Not sure how many lumens you can add to your grow with LED's for a 100 bucks. I don't do LED's. I do know that you are already over halfway there to getting the best and most powerful light you could run. 1000 HPS systems run around $130 or soon the cheap side. Not all people can run a light this size. 400's and 600's are a different story. Run as big a light as you can get away with.

Lumens build big buds no way around it. Just don't go so high that heat takes away all your gains.

Plants need nutrients that is for sure. You just have to remember that most nutrient mixes are made to feed the need of the growers minds then they are to feed plants.

All I ever use are Veg. Bloom and B-1 seed starter for chelated Cal/Mag and other stuff. The simpler you keep your feed schedule the happier you and your plants will be.

Nutrients may or may not help. Lumens always help.

Not sure how many lumens you can add to your grow with LED's for a 100 bucks. I don't do LED's. I do know that you are already over halfway there to getting the best and most powerful light you could run. 1000 HPS systems run around $130 or soon the cheap side. Not all people can run a light this size. 400's and 600's are a different story. Run as big a light as you can get away with.

Lumens build big buds no way around it. Just don't go so high that heat takes away all your gains.

Plants need nutrients that is for sure. You just have to remember that most nutrient mixes are made to feed the need of the growers minds then they are to feed plants.

All I ever use are Veg. Bloom and B-1 seed starter for chelated Cal/Mag and other stuff. The simpler you keep your feed schedule the happier you and your plants will be.

Lighting it is. Definitely willing to spend more than $100 on another LED. I love how I'm discovering that half of these nutes out there are just gimmicks.

Thanks for your input

No problem. I'm a fisherman I learned my lesson on all the lures made to catch fisherman not fish LMAO

Lol I know a few fisherman

and the thing with lights is once you make the investment in something you feel confident with
you're done. You don't have to worry about budgeting for it anymore
I wish I could live by this. I seem to keep spending more and more upgrading to something slightly better.

I know heat is always a issue and has to be considered. What I find funny about lighting is that people spend so much more money for less lumens. Like I mentioned the bestlights out there are also the lowest priced. Then all you have to do is buy a new bulb every couple years. At $60 for a 1000 watt corrected spectrum HPS bulb. I replace mine every 2 grows then keep the bulbs for backup or seed/clone tents.

HID lights should always be considered. Now days you can run MH and HPS bulbs in the some ballasts. Or just use adjusted spectrum HPS all the time. Either way they are the cheapest lumen per dollar option.

In the end you will be buying both. The more light you give them the better they are going to grow. Hence more nutrients LMAO.

I know heat is always a issue and has to be considered. What I find funny about lighting is that people spend so much more money for less lumens. Like I mentioned the bestlights out there are also the lowest priced. Then all you have to do is buy a new bulb every couple years. At $60 for a 1000 watt corrected spectrum HPS bulb. I replace mine every 2 grows then keep the bulbs for backup or seed/clone tents.

HID lights should always be considered. Now days you can run MH and HPS bulbs in the some ballasts. Or just use adjusted spectrum HPS all the time. Either way they are the cheapest lumen per dollar option.

In the end you will be buying both. The more light you give them the better they are going to grow. Hence more nutrients LMAO.

The electricity cost a fortune here. The only way I'd do it without led lights is if I was selling it. I'm not tho. So hps is not an option for me. I'd probably be just as well to keep ordering my weed online lol.

By more nutes I meant like additives and bosses and stuff. Wondering if they're worth the money compared to more light. Sounds like more light would be the way to go.

No. Like I mentioned most of those fancy mixes are to questionable. Some might work other won't. Just try and give the plant all the basic nutrients they need.

Mixes with anything other then basic plant needs can cause as many problems as they help.

Back
Top Bottom