To Grind Or Not To Grind Before Infusing

GrowingAgain

90% of my grows gets made into gummies. Doesn’t grinding cause trichomes to fall off as kief? Or is it better to just break the buds up before infusing?

I make cococanna oil and use it to make gummies. After deoxycarbolation (using foil packs in my air fryer-245f for 50 min)I put whole nugs & trim right in my MBM (as much as I can pack below the line!), add a jug of coconut oil and hit the switch. I wouldn't grind it for the same reason you have.
Stay stoneder.

I break by hand or use scissors for the same concern.
I’ve been using a new method for butter, I’m sure the same principle applies for any other oil, but you’d need one of those oil separator thingys (it has a name in the kitchen)..

Instead of decarbing in the oven and then infusing in my butter, I combine the processes using water.

I add my weed, butter and then fill the pot with water. I bring to the boil, then reduce to a very low heat.
I leave it alone for 3 hours.
Then I strain it, chill to room temp, and refrigerate until the butter has solidified on top of my water. Then I scrape the butter off the top. A lot less fuss, mess, time etc.
With oil, instead of solidifying, you simply use an oil separator.
It’s kinda hard to gauge when oven decarbing is ‘ready’, and the water boiling method seems to ensure it. I’ve had success with this method from my last few batches of fresh trim

Back
Top Bottom