Too bushy and short? How am I doing?

Bcrane00

As a first time grower I'm super worried about my plants. I'm wondering if my plants are too short. I need clones off these plants in 1 or 2 weeks to properly begin my grow schedual. Will the plants be big enough to clone off 2 clones each and not damage it to much before they go into flower in a week or 2 later?

They started as seeds 5 weeks ago almost 6. I started thier first 3 and a half weeks with a cheap t5 and got a somwhere slow start because of it. My mars ll 400w (180 true watt) veg light came in on July 1. I seem to have good growth out of them but they are super squat plants. I toped them at the 4th node.

I use fox farms ocean forest soil and fox farms trio nuets. I'm switching to coco next grow. I'm going to finish them off with a mars hydro 1600 (780 true watt). The types are 2 purple cush 1 bug bud x northern lights and 1 skunk. The 2 smaller ones on the right are 2 skunks that will be going to a friend and popped out of the dirt 15 days ago.

Some pictures to judge me by.

Bcrane00 Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery that's my gallery.

As they get bigger they grow faster, you might be surprised at how they look in a couple of weeks from now, I would suspect that you will be able to take a couple of clones from each. As for flowering, make sure to give them a good week after taking clones before you flip the lights. you don't want them stressed when you put them into flower

I worried too the first time I grew indoors that the plants were so squat and bushy. They will stretch under 12/12 more than you think they will. Your plants look just as they should considering strain, age and environment. I agree on the cloning then flower time frame, don't clone then put Mom right into flower. Wait a week or two for them to recover before 12/12. You should read through several completed journals from folks that LST their plants, it is a great method for newer growers that truly increases quality and yield.

Try to enjoy the long process and not worry about every little thing that occurs. Patience is important when nurturing any life along. There are some great folks on :420: that will be glad to help you through your grow. Personally, I think this is the best resource and information store available, and it's free!

Also, spend the time to use the search function and read posts as almost every question you could present has been answered by more than one veteran grower. I've learned more from these forums and people than from any other other source on the IntraWebs.

Best of Buds to you

:Namaste:

Do worry about it man my girl did the same thing..she wasn't very tall but she was really bushy..now look at her
20160130_224927.jpg
20160201_015849.jpg

Back
Top Bottom